GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took my stock radio out of my 2000 Silverado into my local dealer because the CD player had quit working some time ago and some of the lights were out. When I went back to get my radio they gave me a different one back (not mine fixed) and it has scratches on the screen and chunks of plastic missing...

Anyways the biggest problem was that they charged me $391.xx!!!

What have you charged/paid?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I just took my stock radio out of my 2000 Silverado into my local dealer because the CD player had quit working some time ago and some of the lights were out. When I went back to get my radio they gave me a different one back (not mine fixed) and it has scratches on the screen and chunks of plastic missing...

Anyways the biggest problem was that they charged me $391.xx!!!

What have you charged/paid?

Why would you accept the exchange radio with damage? (and pay that much?)

·
Premium Member
36,167 Posts
Pay with American Express or a credit card. If you get screwed royally like this, you have recourse to dispute it and remove your money from their grubby mitts.

Next time, go to a sound shop or ebay.

Dealers know nothing about radios, other than how to charge you big bux to do what your dealer just did to you.

·
Registered
902 Posts
That price is not out of line.Obviously the scratches are unacceptable.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That price is not out of line.Obviously the scratches are unacceptable.
It is for one that doesn't look like brand new!

Found another defect today: CD button doesn't work so I have to take the CD out and put it back in to get it to play... It's going back ASAP!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Dude, what are you doing having work done without knowing what they are charging? Thats "buying stuff" 101 for crying out loud. But anyway, take it back and they can re-order another exchange for you, but dang man, you need to ask those questions BEFORE they do the work.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
how do you think 'they' stay in business? ;) Sounds about right, you could have had a Alpine all tricked out for that much or a top line Pioneer (well outside of the 1000$ ones)

CobaltSS

get your money back and go get an alpine/pioneer for much cheaper with better sound quality and for less from ABCwarehouse or equivalent or circuity city/best buy...

·
Registered
902 Posts
It is for one that doesn't look like brand new!

Found another defect today: CD button doesn't work so I have to take the CD out and put it back in to get it to play... It's going back ASAP!
So if the radio was cheaper it would be ok if it was scratched?I understand that you are upset.Just bring it back.All the dealers across the country use radio centers for radios.ipc's etc.This is how it has allways been done.Just bring it back and they will order an advance exchange and all will be good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude, what are you doing having work done without knowing what they are charging? Thats "buying stuff" 101 for crying out loud. But anyway, take it back and they can re-order another exchange for you, but dang man, you need to ask those questions BEFORE they do the work.
Well I made a mistake.. I'll admit it, but sometimes you trust someone to tell you if something costs way more than the average person might think it does. I guess I've learned my lesson that you just don't trust anyone anymore.

I could've lived without a few lights and CD player for that price... calling them today hopefully this will get resolved by Friday

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So if the radio was cheaper it would be ok if it was scratched?I understand that you are upset.Just bring it back.All the dealers across the country use radio centers for radios.ipc's etc.This is how it has allways been done.Just bring it back and they will order an advance exchange and all will be good.
For half my money back I'd take it as is, the CD button not working would be kinda annoying though

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Well I made a mistake.. I'll admit it, but sometimes you trust someone to tell you if something costs way more than the average person might think it does. I guess I've learned my lesson that you just don't trust anyone anymore.

I could've lived without a few lights and CD player for that price... calling them today hopefully this will get resolved by Friday

Sorry, didnt mean to be a jerk. But just as you should have asked, they should have told you, too. As an advisor, you should NEVER do something unless the customers knows what the cost is, thats crazy. Hopefully it works out, really at this point all you can do is have them swap it for another reman that works (you have a 12/12k warranty).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry, didnt mean to be a jerk. But just as you should have asked, they should have told you, too. As an advisor, you should NEVER do something unless the customers knows what the cost is, thats crazy. Hopefully it works out, really at this point all you can do is have them swap it for another reman that works (you have a 12/12k warranty).
You're fine... Thanks for the info on the warranty, they didn't tell me about that neither

1 - 16 of 16 Posts