GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2025 Cadillac Celestiq-V: Crystal Ball-Gazing A Super-Performance Version Of The Electric Sedan

2025 Cadillac Celestiq-V: Crystal Ball-Gazing A Super-Performance Version Of The Electric Sedan | Carscoops

BY JOSH BYRNES | POSTED ONSEPTEMBER 17, 2022

This article contains independent illustrations made by Carscoops’ artist Josh Byrnes based on the per-production version of Celestiq. The renders are neither related to nor endorsed by Cadillac.

Applications to the United States Patent and Trademark office indicate there will be four variants of the Celestiq. These include the Aurora, Magnetic, Mist and Vale. Whilst we’re unsure what differences those models will entail, curiosity has us thinking: what if Cadillac made a V-performance rival to tackle the upcoming BMW i7 M70 or Lucid Air Sapphire? Let’s crystal ball gaze further.

I figured the forum could use a not-so-contentious thread. Have fun with this. Visit the link.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
The render looks good plus there are good bench marks out there to topple. I can’t wait.

·
Super Moderator
21,771 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
No! Celestiq is Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Maybach.

No to a V-Series Celestiq. Mercedes-Benz is
Mercedes-Benz (regular)
Mercedes-AMG (performance)
Mercedes-Maybach (high end luxury)
Celestiq is six figures and high end luxury. Leave the “V” idea out of this. Terrible concept.

·
Registered
45,286 Posts
No! Celestiq is Rolls-Royce, Bentley and Maybach.

No to a V-Series Celestiq. Mercedes-Benz is
Mercedes-Benz (regular)
Mercedes-AMG (performance)
Mercedes-Maybach (high end luxury)
Celestiq is six figures and high end luxury. Leave the “V” idea out of this. Terrible concept.

Yes and no.
Bentley may be high end luxury, but they're also know for fast and powerful cars, though not necessarily "sports cars."
And they've already announced a 1400 HP EV due out in 2024-25.

I expect Celestiq to already be in the 800-1000HP range. So, no reason why a Celestiq-V down the road couldn't be in the 1200-1400HP range either.

But that really depends on where Cadillac wants to take the V (and V Blackwing) in the future. Will it be reserved simply for "powerful" cars? Or will it include high performance sports sedans/coupes/SUVs?

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
2025 Cadillac Celestiq-V: Crystal Ball-Gazing A Super-Performance Version Of The Electric Sedan

2025 Cadillac Celestiq-V: Crystal Ball-Gazing A Super-Performance Version Of The Electric Sedan | Carscoops

BY JOSH BYRNES | POSTED ONSEPTEMBER 17, 2022

...I figured the forum could use a not-so-contentious thread...
Indeed!

Yes and no.
Bentley may be high end luxury, but they're also know for fast and powerful cars, though not necessarily "sports cars."
And they've already announced a 1400 HP EV due out in 2024-25.

I expect Celestiq to already be in the 800-1000HP range. So, no reason why a Celestiq-V down the road couldn't be in the 1200-1400HP range either.

But that really depends on where Cadillac wants to take the V (and V Blackwing) in the future. Will it be reserved simply for "powerful" cars? Or will it include high performance sports sedans/coupes/SUVs?
Yup. Can't have the New Standard take a more relaxed approach to performance when Lucid and Tesla (not exactly the same market, I know) offer such performance. But there's no reason for the Celestiq to top out at "just" 800-hp.

I think that The History Channel's The Cars that Built the World speaks to your point about W.O. and his company's origins, at least in part, mgescuro.

·
Registered
45,286 Posts
Yup. Can't have the New Standard take a more relaxed approach to performance when Lucid and Tesla (not exactly the same market, I know) offer such performance. But there's no reason for the Celestiq to top out at "just" 800-hp.

I think that The History Channel's The Cars that Built the World speaks to your point about W.O. and his company's origins, at least in part, mgescuro.
Sure. You can’t have “just 800 HP” in the Celestiq. I get it.
But I guess it also depends on what kind of car Cadillac is really developing here. Just judging by the size of Celestiq, it’s more a luxury cruiser than a sport sedan. 1,000 HP is more than reasonable. But if GM wants to drop 1,400 HP in it, I won’t complain either.

Lucid Air Sapphire holds the EV HP crown for now. At least until the Bentley arrives. I’m also not expecting the Bentley to be a sports sedan either, just another high powered luxury cruiser.

Ultimately, I don’t think HP is going to play that big a factor in Celestiq. It’s going to be part of the equation for sure. So long as it’s in the ballpark when the Bentley and Rolls EVs roll out, Celestiqu will be fine. I think looks and interior quality and the status Celestiq will provide are more important.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is the possibility, a very powerful motor at low load, makes one of these lose range. "just another high powered luxury cruiser", What's most important here capability-wise? My guess is charge speed. EV will make for noticeable wedges in product specification, because different segments' buyers will demand it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts