GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,372 Posts
In think I'll wait until we get some better info than these renders. ...Edit: Hey at least this site lets you type the word render/rendering with out needing to be approved lol. :D :rolleyes:
On one of our local pages, a hairdresser was advertising and one of the things she mentioned was hair dye. Facebook deleted her comment and gave her a "time out" due to the word "dye." Guess their algorithm can't spell.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hardly anyone buys coupes anymore, it's only a matter of time before the Mustang is, uh, put out to pasture.....

From a financial standpoint, it doesn't make much sense to keep a single platform around unless they start chasing the 'Vette with the Mustang.

Car companies are in business to make dollars, not sense.

View attachment 66123

Mustang sales figures have dropped quite a bit. Except for enthusiasts, who even looks anymore? Heck, even enthusiast's numbers are dwindling. Do kids even like cars anymore or are they a "boomer" thing now?
While they have dropped, using the past few years for numbers isn't exactly fair with chip shortages and whatnot.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I think that's more common in places that actually have public transportation. To be fair, cars and all their maintenance, insurance, operating costs.....it's an awful waste of money if you don't really need one. We spend so much time and money to have them, all the while we keep telling ourselves they're "freedom" when in all actuality, we're pretty shackled to them and spend a lot our time making money to keep them. Don't get me started on the people that have more than one.....(like me hahaha)
There's a perfect solution for those complaining about owning a car these days. My brother in law found one. He has never owned a car and married my sister who got a car from my parents as a wedding gift. Now he uses his wife's car every day and he travels a lot from Munich to Lepzig to visit his mommy. And he keeps on saying he doesn't need a car at all...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hardly anyone buys coupes anymore, it's only a matter of time before the Mustang is, uh, put out to pasture.....

From a financial standpoint, it doesn't make much sense to keep a single platform around unless they start chasing the 'Vette with the Mustang.

Car companies are in business to make dollars, not sense.

View attachment 66123

Mustang sales figures have dropped quite a bit. Except for enthusiasts, who even looks anymore? Heck, even enthusiast's numbers are dwindling. Do kids even like cars anymore or are they a "boomer" thing now?
Sales slumped in 2020 due to COVID, increased slightly to 52.4K in 2021 and with long overdue update and hopefully shortages reduced, 2023 should continue that increase. Not sure Ford is ready yet to cancel

21 - 40 of 53 Posts