GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
It looks good because it looks like a 2nd mid-cycle refresh of the current very good looking car. The 5G Mustang mid-cycle refresh was a bigger change than this supposedly next-gen Mustang is from the 6G.

At this point in the switch to an all electric future I'll say I'm just happy to know the ICE Mustang will live on for a few more years!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nothing new in this article. +we have already seen actual photos of the front end. I only hope they will keep smaller/simpler infotainment in base trim and change the gear shifter and door panels that are out of place in 22' (unfortunately in spy shots thet are still there) Besides I am a very happy owner, My Mustang has been more reliable and fun to drive than all my other cars.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hardly anyone buys coupes anymore, it's only a matter of time before the Mustang is, uh, put out to pasture.....

From a financial standpoint, it doesn't make much sense to keep a single platform around unless they start chasing the 'Vette with the Mustang.

Car companies are in business to make dollars, not sense.

Font Number Circle Rectangle Screenshot

Mustang sales figures have dropped quite a bit. Except for enthusiasts, who even looks anymore? Heck, even enthusiast's numbers are dwindling. Do kids even like cars anymore or are they a "boomer" thing now?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Mustang sales figures have dropped quite a bit. Except for enthusiasts, who even looks anymore? Heck, even enthusiast's numbers are dwindling. Do kids even like cars anymore or are they a "boomer" thing now?
There's a guy I have known for years in a gaming channel I used to talk to quite frequently about cars we are both huge car nuts or used to be. He recently moved to Austin, TX and has lately been going on rants about how useless cars are and anyone who owns one is pretty much a "loser". He says Uber and public transportation is all he needs and he will never waste money on a car again. Quite shocking to see such a 180 in someone.

·
Registered
626 Posts
There's a guy I have known for years in a gaming channel I used to talk to quite frequently about cars we are both huge car nuts or used to be. He recently moved to Austin, TX and has lately been going on rants about how useless cars are and anyone who owns one is pretty much a "loser". He says Uber and public transportation is all he needs and he will never waste money on a car again. Quite shocking to see such a 180 in someone.
I think that's more common in places that actually have public transportation. To be fair, cars and all their maintenance, insurance, operating costs.....it's an awful waste of money if you don't really need one. We spend so much time and money to have them, all the while we keep telling ourselves they're "freedom" when in all actuality, we're pretty shackled to them and spend a lot our time making money to keep them. Don't get me started on the people that have more than one.....(like me hahaha)

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
They definitely represent a ton of freedom for me. If you’re a young person getting started it can be more of an added burden with the skyrocketing costs of living expenses in basically every sector.

If you’re hurting for money and don’t have to have a car the biggest chunk of savings you can create in your budget is by eliminating your car and all the associated expenses. It’s not so much that young people don’t want a car it’s just the value vs expense proposition makes it a daunting task for many. Sad times indeed.

There’s a reason utilitarian vehicles dominate the landscape and new pleasure vehicles in general are being driven by people who are typically well established.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
A true car nut doesn't make a 180° change like that. That's a poser who probably wanted to fit in or wanted to be seen as cool because of the car he drove. A car nut has it in his blood, he or she loves something about cars, the look, the sound, a memory, etc....

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
A true car nut doesn't make a 180° change like that. That's a poser who probably wanted to fit in or wanted to be seen as cool because of the car he drove. A car nut has it in his blood, he or she loves something about cars, the look, the sound, a memory, etc....
100%. Just like he is doing now by trying to fit into what he thinks it right for Austin.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Living in Austin (in Texas), already a poser, we know that :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
There's a rumor that the last year will get the motor out of the C8 Vette that is rated at 495hp....possibly detuned to about 480ish???
I think they'd have to invest a ton of money to certify the powertrain in the Camaro. I doubt it happens. You've seen what they're willing to invest in the program in the last few years. I remember after Al was reassigned I read a rumor that stated the program was gutted and engineers reassigned (along with any hopes of a true 7th gen or a Z28).

·
Registered
17 Camaro, 18 F150 Sport 3.5, 07 Town Car, 06 Explorer V8 Eddie Bauer
493 Posts
With an expected 8 year run, S650 should keep the V8 available until at least '31. Eventual hybrid as it may be.
So much of Fords lineup being RWD is a help to add a few years for Mustang hanging around too

1 - 20 of 53 Posts