GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Ford Edge is leaving the US, but China will get a new one for 2024. 2.0L EcoBoost and Hybrid are expected. Like the current Chinese Edge, this is also a 3-Row utility. Although we lose the Edge, this will be basis for the 2024 Lincoln Nautilus which will become a Chinese import in December 2023. The new Nautilus will share the same underpinnings, 2.0L and a Hybrid. These are C2 based, easily the most prolific and flexible Ford platform ever.

ford-edge-nueva-generacion-primeras-imagenes

Tire Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

·
Registered
909 Posts
I really like the sides, especially the little kick up at the C pillar. The rear is okay. But the front looks like it could be from any automaker. Too bad they couldn't come up with a front that was as clean as the sides.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fords has really moved away from a global corporate design philosophy and allowed their regions to adopt their own style, this is especially important in China where very expressive and progressive design is more trendy. To me this is a completely unrecognizable Ford design, but it's consistent with the other Chinese Fords like The Mondeo, EVOS, and Territory.

Lincoln will be interesting.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
C2 might have spawned a few cars, but what about Falcon - it spawned Mustang, Maverick, Granada, Versailles . . . from economy cars, to sports cars to the top of the line Lincoln.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
C2 might have spawned a few cars, but what about Falcon - it spawned Mustang, Maverick, Granada, Versailles . . . from economy cars, to sports cars to the top of the line Lincoln.
Interesting. It is amazing how close the Falcon looked to the Mustang when the Mustang came out, but the Falcon before was butt ugly. Never occurred to me that our Maverick was the same design but now it's not surprising now that you brought it up. Also interesting that like the Seville, the Versailles was the most expensive non-limo model. You would have thought the larger cars would be top of the line.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Front looks good, back is OK, side profile is gross. Not a fan of that kick up in the rear.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Interesting. It is amazing how close the Falcon looked to the Mustang when the Mustang came out, but the Falcon before was butt ugly. Never occurred to me that our Maverick was the same design but now it's not surprising now that you brought it up. Also interesting that like the Seville, the Versailles was the most expensive non-limo model. You would have thought the larger cars would be top of the line.
Those smaller sedans were expensive because they were destined to replace the already downsized C body and Panther sedans. They probably would gotten away with eighty-sixing them as long their replacements remained rear-drive. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts