Premium Member
News Contributor
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2024 Chevy Blazer EV Spied Testing With VW ID.4, Interior Revealed
Inside EVs
May 12, 2022
By: Andrei Nedelea

Automaker are often caught (usually by spy photographers) testing upcoming models alongside the vehicle they will face on the market. Teslas were usually the preferred vehicles to benchmark EVs against, but our spies just sent us a batch of photos showing two Chevrolet Blazer EV prototypes testing alongside a future rival, the Volkswagen ID.4.

What we can say about the interior is that it features what seems to be quite a low and sporty driving position, especially for an electric crossover. It also looks like it has quite a high center console and tunne, with clearly defined spaces for the driver and passenger, further hinting at the vehicle's sporty character.
*Full Article at Link

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
I love the stance of this car! I hope the detailing is not overly busy, but so far, visually this is extremely promising. Chevy could have a winner on their hands with the EV Blazer. If this can go head to head with a Tesla Model Y as far as range and performance goes, then imo the Chevy wins by virtue of it likely being way more attractive inside and out.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Definitely a reskinned Lyriq. GM is the only automaker I know that uses prototypes with temp light fixtures. They've been doing it for decades, I've always found that weird. I wonder if it's intentional or just their development process.

Glasses Automotive tire Automotive mirror Sunglasses Camera accessory

I see it has the stacked display design similar to Caddy, but with a volume knob stuck to the screen.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
I see shades of Jaguar I-Pace (which I have) in this design. It looks wide relative to its overall length, like the I-Pace, and it also gives the Blazer SS a tough, ready to pounce look. The wheels on this prototype are pretty interesting. Hopefully they offer 22” wheels. I have 22” factory wheels, and the ride is phenomenal. Two of my nephews have the Tesla Model Y on 20” rims, and the ride is rubbish, and pretty unrefined. I’m sure the Chevy will be very good in this particular area.

Do we know when the Blazer will be revealed? We’ve seen the Equinox EV already and it’s a dynamite piece of styling afaiac, so I’m expecting the Blazer EV to be stunning with it’s more imposing proportions. This vehicle has ‘winner’ written all over it.

I could see this going head to head with the likes of the Mustang Mach E. BTW the rear of the Mach E is the weakest part of the styling, which is reasonably attractive, but is not a stylistic home Run. its just not very muscular looking from behind.

·
Super Moderator
21,186 Posts
I see shades of Jaguar I-Pace (which I have) in this design. It looks wide relative to its overall length, like the I-Pace, and it also gives the Blazer SS a tough, ready to pounce look. The wheels on this prototype are pretty interesting. Hopefully they offer 22” wheels. I have 22” factory wheels, and the ride is phenomenal. Two of my nephews have the Tesla Model Y on 20” rims, and the ride is rubbish, and pretty unrefined. I’m sure the Chevy will be very good in this particular area.

Do we know when the Blazer will be revealed? We’ve seen the Equinox EV already and it’s a dynamite piece of styling afaiac, so I’m expecting the Blazer EV to be stunning with it’s more imposing proportions. This vehicle has ‘winner’ written all over it.

I could see this going head to head with the likes of the Mustang Mach E. BTW the rear of the Mach E is the weakest part of the styling, which is reasonably attractive, but is not a stylistic home Run. its just not very muscular looking from behind.
All we've heard so far is it'll be revealed later this year. It's set to launch in spring of 2023.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
So we’ll likely be seeing it in a few months at the most, rather than the end of ‘22. The WB looks pretty long. If it shares a lot of underpinnings with the Lyriq (as some are speculating) it’s quite a big vehicle. GM should launch it at the Concours d’Elegance at Pebble Beach this August 21st. Take a selection of the most famous SS Chevrolets and display them alongside the Blazer SS EV.

·
Premium Member
36,149 Posts
While this is ‘exciting’ the difficult work is actually going on unnoticed, setting up the materials contracts, components manufacturing, Suppliers contracts, internal manufacturing processes and plants, supply chain systems, and the assembly processes that will go into making these vehicles. That is a Huge undertaking

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I surprised we haven't seen any Silverado EV prototypes out testing since the Work Truck versions are due to hit production around the same time as the Blazer and Equinox EVs.

·
Premium Member
36,149 Posts
I surprised we haven't seen any Silverado EV prototypes out testing since the Work Truck versions are due to hit production around the same time as the Blazer and Equinox EVs.
Probably having problems with the 24 inch wheels, otherwise it’s not much work to do given it’s just a less capable Hummer EV With a mid gate.

GM is a company that patented decontenting . Practically invented it. They can do it with their eyes closed.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
De-contenting is nothing new to Detroit. I just bought a $70K Lincoln Nautilus and discovered they removed the folding rear-seat headrests to cut cost. So now I have to move my front seats forward to fold the 2nd row seat flat. 🙄 Ford is actually MUCH worse about it right now, it's like a sport to them at this point.

·
Premium Member
36,149 Posts
De-contenting is nothing new to Detroit. I just bought a $70K Lincoln Nautilus and discovered they removed the folding rear-seat headrests to cut cost. So now I have to move my front seats forward to fold the 2nd row seat flat. 🙄 Ford is actually MUCH worse about it right now, it's like a sport to them at this point.
Man, Ford really scored on you this time. Please share pictures.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Man, Ford really scored on you this time. Please share pictures.
It's a loaded black label model in Pristine White, it replaces a 2019 version of this same car in black. You can get the price even higher if you opt for Chroma Caviar paint ($2,000) which is what I would have done if I could have ordered one.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Gear shift Car Vehicle Radio Satellite radio

·
Premium Member
36,149 Posts
It's a loaded black label model in Pristine White, it replaces a 2019 version of this same car in black. You can get the price even higher if you opt for Chroma Caviar paint ($2,000) which is what I would have done if I could have ordered one.

View attachment 66156
View attachment 66155
Beautiful car Borg, I pray it assimilates many safe miles for you and your loved ones. sincere congratulations!

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
14,546 Posts
Beautiful car Borg, I pray it assimilates many safe miles for you and your loved ones. sincere congratulations!
Yup. I second that mbukuanyau. It really is a beauty. Also I tend to think there's just something about these that make them more luxurious looking than Cadillac's Art & Science gig they got going on. :p but that's just me 🤪 fwiw.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts