GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2024 Chevrolet Blazer EV Rendered Based On Teasers And Spy Shots
We'll be able to compare this unofficial rendering with the real thing in July when GM will unveil the Blazer EV.
Inside EVs
May 03, 2022
By: Dan Mihalascu

Now, based on those spy photos and official Chevrolet teasers, our friends from TopElectricSUV have rendered the production version of the 2024 Chevy Blazer electric SUV.

Compared to the Equinox EV that GM has teased more extensively, the Blazer is envisioned with a different fascia and headlamps housed in vertical enclosures shaped like fangs. Other noticeable elements at the front include the closed-off grille in body color, horizontal lower inlet that should channel airflow to the battery pack, and a skid plate.

Seen from the side, the Blazer EV features an unusually long hood for an EV, 21-inch aero-optimized alloys, and a roofline that slopes gently downward. Out back, key elements include a raked rear windscreen, shark-fin antenna, and a roof-integrated spoiler that descends and wraps around the sides of the rear glass.
*Full Article at Link

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
On the real design, I think the light bar will curve up towards the a-pillars a little more like the Equinox and the Silverado EVs. On this rendering, it looks a little too blocky.

I also think the turn signal will be fully integrated into the light bar as opposed to being a separate unit since the models I’ve mentioned above already appear to have that.

Finally, The overhang also doesn’t appear to match the spy shots either.

Other than those details, this is a pretty decent render.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not a bad drawing, in a Junior High Study Hall Notebook way, but I'll reserve judgment for when the real one shows up. Too many guessed upon details and things that don't quite scream "production ready."

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
RIP to our resident legend that would have done a perfect job because this is crap 🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
In my opinion they have the hood and dash to axle proportions wrong. It's not that long of a front end but the angle in some of the spy photos makes it appear so.

I think they're also putting too much stock in the placeholder Pepboys lights GM slapped on for testing.
I agree. The current Blazer is a nice looking rig this one isn’t right.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
RIP to our resident legend that would have done a perfect job because this is crap 🤣🤣
Aww man. I just got a little bummed thinking about that. I remember that person was so talented!

Yes, I agree though: Everything from the base of the A pillar forward looks like it came from a bigger and different SUV rendering. It’s a tall glass of hell no.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a hard time accepting anything that's not the real production model.
Remember the Volt prototype?? Actual production model totally different.
Or the Silverado EV?? So many different drawings or photoshop than the actual model totally different. I'll just hold my breath till the real thing. I haven't been wowed with Chevy designs lately. 😕

1 - 20 of 27 Posts