GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if anyone has ordered a 2023 Traverse and actually had it delivered. Also wanting to see if anyone has any idea how long it might take. Dealer says 6 months but I would prefer to hear from those with experience themselves. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking to see if anyone has ordered a 2023 Traverse and actually had it delivered. Also wanting to see if anyone has any idea how long it might take. Dealer says 6 months but I would prefer to hear from those with experience themselves. Thanks for any info!
The first one I had on order had a TPW of 6/27 and it was not actually produced until about two weeks later. Dealership has not received it yet. We have switched my order to a Redline Edition and it has a TPW of 8/22. My dealership is estimating receiving this Traverse in November/December with how things have been with the shortages.

I know it is not the exact same but my experience with my 2022 RS Blazer was 4 months from order to receiving it. It was about 6 weeks from production to delivery at dealership.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Not a Traverse but I can attest about long waits with two examples… Both don’t bode well for quick lead times…

Example 1) Ordered a 2022 GMC Yukon SLT 4WD in Summit White over Walnut/Slate leather interior with a 5.3L V8 and no extra options. Order placed into GM Workbench on August, 31st 2021. Took delivery at nearby small town GMC dealer (they were awesome) on May, 10th 2022. Dealer didn’t get allocation till February and had to fight to get a damn no option SLT in. (This wasn’t an exotic or high option build) Again not encouraging, but a 9 month plus journey.

Example 2) Back in October of 2021, I reserved a MCM 2022 GMC Sierra Denali and put down my $100.00 refundable deposit. On December 9th 2021, order was placed into GM Workbench. On January 5th 2022 got finalized pricing on my ‘no extra options’ or ‘base’ MCM 2022 GMC Sierra Denali 4WD SWB 5.3L in Summit White over Browstone/Atmosphere leather. Got allocated in March for an April build, was pushed back to end of May. Built end of May and sat until end of July before it was finally placed in transit. Haven’t picked it up at the dealer yet and likely won’t see it for a few more weeks. Again, not encouraging but that is what I experienced… No fault of the dealer doesn’t have huge allocations and GM tells the dealers next to nothing.

So yeah a Traverse could take six months easily. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts