Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2023 Ford Ranger spied with a baby F-150-style front end
Our best look yet at the next-gen Ranger
JOEL STOCKSDALE
Oct 13th 2021
autoblog.com

We've seen plenty of spy photos of the 2023 Ford Ranger, but it's usually been well-covered, or shown only in very brief glimpses in carefully edited factory footage. But a forum user at Ranger6g.com managed to spot a thinly-covered next-generation Ranger and got a great (if grainy) photo of the nose. It's our best look yet at the production truck.

The front end is clearly a mix of current F-150 and Maverick design cues. The highly sculpted grille and headlights are very F-150-inspired, and the rounded shape of the headlights seems to be more from the Maverick.

CONTINUE AT LINK ABOVE

Image credited to, and courtesy of, autoblog:
Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,392 Posts
Dear Mr. Ford, please continue to offer an Extended Cab version of the Ranger. Not just another "family friendly" four door like the Maverick. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
It does look much better. This is still the global Ranger, the NA version arrives 1-year later, possibly with design tweaks (such as a steel bumper).

I have to think this will be way more desirable than the current Ranger which barely looks like a Ford truck at all. Not to mention the Ranger is more expensive than it looks. Hell, I might be into it!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I am liking the Maverick & F-150 a lot lot more.

Ranger is looking very much like the next generation VW Amarok not liking it one bit. Looking at the next generation VW Amarok photos, the only things that look different are the rear light clusters & grille and fog lights.

If anybody is interested the next generation Ford Focus refresh, got absolutely no interest at all in it myself here are the latest renderings, but somebody else may love it.

Reactions: dannyg

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I am liking the Maverick & F-150 a lot lot more.

Ranger is looking very much like the next generation VW Amarok not liking it one bit. Looking at the next generation VW Amarok photos, the only things that look different are the rear light clusters & grille and fog lights.

If anybody is interested the next generation Ford Focus refresh, got absolutely no interest at all in it myself here are the latest renderings, but somebody else may love it.

You realize Ford is building the next-gen Amarok for VW, right?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Looks good...the maverick should've gotten a similar treatment. My only complaint about the Maverick, a big complaint but only

·
Registered
21,318 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
You realize Ford is building the next-gen Amarok for VW, right?
Yes, it's not a pure Ford design, not liking VW input in designing it. You might have missed out on photos of the of the VW Amarok and the inserts of the tiny differences marked Ford Ranger in the smaller photo inserts that point out what's not unique to the VW pick-up bodyshell, Rangers differences plastic rear light lenses and grille and fog lights are highlighted in the small boxes did you realise that?

Sometime it's done well the Mazda BT-50 Ford tie up produced a great little truck in its day, sometimes it does not Mercedes Benz X Class was designed to fail, Nissans are pile of crap rot boxes Micky mouse trucks. Big bonus sharing designs cuts costs, sometimes it does not, when you are a salesman trying to sell an overpriced Nissan with a three pointed star badge on the grille.

Not saying VW build quality is total crap like Nissans, VW's is rather good, just not liking the new Ranger at all that VW must have had some influence input into it, absolutely love the new Maverick and the F-150. Outside North America the Ranger is tops No1 best seller in a lot of markets, this design will hand the No1 spot back over to the Toyota Hilux that was No1 best seller in 31 countries will probably gain a few more.

Shame l like the Ford Ranger that's off my short list now, will have to wait till the next generation after the one spy shots to come out. New Maverick & F-150 look great will do well.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Yes, it's not a pure Ford design, not liking VW input in designing it. You might have missed out on photos of the of the VW Amarok and the inserts of the tiny differences marked Ford Ranger in the smaller photo inserts that point out what's not unique to the VW pick-up bodyshell, Rangers differences plastic rear light lenses and grille and fog lights are highlighted in the small boxes did you realise that?

Sometime it's done well the Mazda BT-50 Ford tie up produced a great little truck in its day, sometimes it does not Mercedes Benz X Class was designed to fail, Nissans are pile of crap rot boxes Micky mouse trucks. Big bonus sharing designs cuts costs, sometimes it does not, when you are a salesman trying to sell an overpriced Nissan with a three pointed star badge on the grille.

Not saying VW build quality is total crap like Nissans, VW's is rather good, just not liking the new Ranger at all that VW must have had some influence input into it, absolutely love the new Maverick and the F-150. Outside North America the Ranger is tops No1 best seller in a lot of markets, this design will hand the No1 spot back over to the Toyota Hilux that was No1 best seller in 31 countries will probably gain a few more.

Shame l like the Ford Ranger that's off my short list now, will have to wait till the next generation after the one spy shots to come out. New Maverick & F-150 look great will do well.
Ford took the lead on Ranger/Amarok development.

Gotta love fully writing off a vehicle based on some camo'd spy shots.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, it's not a pure Ford design, not liking VW input in designing it.
The new Ranger is 100% Ford, it uses an updated T6 chassis related to the one used by the New Bronco. Ford Australia is the one leading the development (both design and engineering).

VW's input is to give the Amarok VW styling cues to differentiate it from the Ranger. Ford will be manufacturing the next Amarok for Volkswagen.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
It's not half bad, but I'll reserve my feelings until after the wraps come off I think.
Wraps are off it in the photos of the VW Amarok that l posted it's exterior will be exactly same as the Ford Ranger, there about about another 25 photo l have been very subtle, just posting only the photos the ones where the Ford Ranger is differences highlighted in the small boxes with "Ford Ranger" the rear light cluster & grille look like will differentiate the two on the body exterior.

Just from what l see from the exterior of the Amarok, and just looking at the photo of the Ranger most the exterior will be the same bog standard shape same silhouette as the Ranger with different bits screwed on grill & light clusters, the front fog light holes are punched in a different location.

Don't like this new Ranger it's fallen at the first purchase hurdle for me personally regarding ever wanting to buy one. I I I will come back in 2030 sales buying horse race on GMI look in again at the next Ford Ranger refresh hope it won't fall at the first fence again

Like the new Ford Maverick & F-150 Series in the Ford horse stable, they are racing up to the next buyers fence with those nags from the Chevy stable still in the race, Ranger fallen at the first fence don't like.

Not a big fan of the Toyota stable, but l can see Ford Ranger losing a lot of sales race in countries outside the US/Canada where the older Ranger nag always used to finish first, use to like the old Ranger, this new one is going win a few races when it arrives in then gradually drop back down the field in the race. Not happy the Toyota Hilux will start coming first in the future, not a big fan of mid sized pick-ups have driven most of them at work, but always liked the Ranger.

Little Maverick will win a few races long term for Ford, Chevy should bring back the LUV a great little trucks have used the same two a cherry red & dark blue LUV trucks hired from Fontana in Paphos on vacation every year since over the last 14 years from they were new, they are full of dents both had trusty Isuzu powered diesels that have been few times round the clock, the two oldest hire cars still left running the old guy hiring out don't worry if you add another dent no charge swallowed up 6 people (long story), 6 big suitcases, 4 cabin sized suitcases and 5 pieces of hand luggage you would not get it all in that waste of space new unpractical Ford Focus above , many happy vacation driving memories would buy a new LUV instantly.

Chevy LUV, yes please a proper practical durable truck that would e first past the post.

Sorry apologise for derailing your thread please carry on, l will leave you in peace.

See all you again in 2030 at the next big VW Amarok sorry Ford Ranger refresh thread.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,447 Posts
Wraps are off it in the photos of the VW Amarok that l posted it's exterior will be exactly same as the Ford Ranger, there about about another 25 photo l have been very subtle, just posting only the photos the ones where the Ford Ranger is differences highlighted in the small boxes with "Ford Ranger" the rear light cluster & grille look like will differentiate the two on the body exterior.

Just from what l see from the exterior of the Amarok, and just looking at the photo of the Ranger most the exterior will be the same bog standard shape same silhouette as the Ranger with different bits screwed on grill & light clusters, the front fog light holes are punched in a different location.

Don't like this new Ranger it's fallen at the first purchase hurdle for me personally regarding ever wanting to buy one. I I I will come back in 2030 sales buying horse race on GMI look in again at the next Ford Ranger refresh hope it won't fall at the first fence again

Like the new Ford Maverick & F-150 Series in the Ford horse stable, they are racing up to the next buyers fence with those nags from the Chevy stable still in the race, Ranger fallen at the first fence don't like.

Not a big fan of the Toyota stable, but l can see Ford Ranger losing a lot of sales race in countries outside the US/Canada where the older Ranger nag always used to finish first, use to like the old Ranger, this new one is going win a few races when it arrives in then gradually drop back down the field in the race. Not happy the Toyota Hilux will start coming first in the future, not a big fan of mid sized pick-ups have driven most of them at work, but always liked the Ranger.

Little Maverick will win a few races long term for Ford, Chevy should bring back the LUV a great little trucks have used the same two a cherry red & dark blue LUV trucks hired from Fontana in Paphos on vacation every year since over the last 14 years from they were new, they are full of dents both had trusty Isuzu powered diesels that have been few times round the clock, the two oldest hire cars still left running the old guy hiring out don't worry if you add another dent no charge swallowed up 6 people (long story), 6 big suitcases, 4 cabin sized suitcases and 5 pieces of hand luggage you would not get it all in that waste of space new unpractical Ford Focus above , many happy vacation driving memories would buy a new LUV instantly.

Chevy LUV, yes please a proper practical durable truck that would e first past the post.

Sorry apologise for derailing your thread please carry on, l will leave you in peace.

See all you again in 2030 at the next big VW Amarok sorry Ford Ranger refresh thread.
Homey Don't think so. ;)

·
Premium Member
11,341 Posts
You don’t understand, the design and styling of Next Gen Ranger was already set when VW execs were shown it and Transit almost four years ago, what they saw blew them away, it was exactly what they wanted as outsourced vehicles with minimal styling changes.

I have learned that it’s a mistake to presume what actual buyers will or won’t like, changes to Ranger make it a squarer, slab sided vehicle, those influences came from USA input for inclusion in their market but from what I’m seeing, those changes are also highly anticipated in other global markets but some wil no doubt miss the current Rangers more rounded shape, there’s some trade off for sure but the greater good is served by listen to North American buyers.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts