GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
No way we get the HO in all trims though. It’s GM. Still will be stout and a great choice for this truck.
The rumor so far is that the Colorado gets the first gen 2.7 turbo, which, still makes a ton of torque starting at 1500rpm. Hopefully like you are saying, higher optioned trucks would get the 2nd gen engine.

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
The rumor so far is that the Colorado gets the first gen 2.7 turbo, which, still makes a ton of torque starting at 1500rpm. Hopefully like you are saying, higher optioned trucks would get the 2nd gen engine.
Why would they keep the old 2.7 around? Makes no sense. But then again, this is GM, they are still building the 6 speed and have an 8 and a 10.

Instead of the old 2.7, perhaps the pushrod 4.3 would be a better fit.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Why would they keep the old 2.7 around? Makes no sense. But then again, this is GM, they are still building the 6 speed and have an 8 and a 10.

Why...why...why...the $64,000 question that most people on this website ask themselves everyday. One may never know. :sneaky:
The 4.3L is gone and no longer available as far as I know.

·
Registered
161 Posts

I bet the only difference will be the tune. Not internals. Hope that means GM will offer a factory warrantied tune for customers.

·
Registered
21,486 Posts
I actually like the V6, except, and it's a big one, the transmission tuning is a joke. I know it's all about efficiency and MPG but you really have to keep your foot in it more than you'd expect to get a response. I'm even considering a tune once my powertrain warranty is up.
Certainly nothing wrong with the V6! I was always a "6" guy until I tried the 2.0T in my ATS and now have my 2.7T in my CT4V - now, as Paul Cicero did to Henry Hill in Goodfellas, I've turned my back on V6's.

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
A 2.7 V6 Ecoboost is just a better mousetrap.
Ford and Toyota should be pretty comfortable with GM putting out a Colorado / Canyon like this because it really doesn’t move the needle much, does it really need to?

FYI, a 2.7T was to be expected but if their buyers want/prefer a V6, then good luck with that….

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
15,067 Posts
Will there be something other than black for an interior color? Central Texas is hot as blazes in the summer so black interior is "no thank you" plus gravel roads are crushed limestone which means lots of light colored dust easily showing up on black interior. Please offer a light or medium shade of grey.
I've got grey in mine with black accents.
Same, my work truck has the gray interior.
I have never seen any around here that aren't all black. And just like most automaker websites, Chevy's make it hard to determine all of the choices that are available.
....Upon further playing around at Chevy.com.... I'm noticing that only the WT has black/dark ash but every other trim is only black available. I had thought that maybe it was a natural default thing that was done when the dealer ordered them but that I guess turns out to be wrong after I checked on the website :(. I'm with ya on that too, something lighter would be nice. :)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Why...why...why...the $64,000 question that most people on this website ask themselves everyday. One may never know. :sneaky:
The 4.3L is gone and no longer available as far as I know.
They are still putting them in the Express/Savanah vans.

Idk if they did a massive build out of 4.3 blocks to keep van production going or not though, like they did with the old 4.8 which stayed on in the vans 3 years longer then the pickups.

Reactions: 61BelAir
21 - 35 of 35 Posts