GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I think it would be a mistake to discontinue the V6 in the Colorado. I also have no interest in a turbo 4. Was thinking of upgrading my 25 year old S10 (love the 4.3L V6 in this truck) to a new Colorado. We'll see what GM does.
I have a 2017 Silverado with the 4.3L and its a great engine. I absolutely love the fact that I can run E85 in it, which here in Cali, E85 is a little bit more than half the cost of a gallon of gas. The 4.3L should have been available in the current gen Colorado instead of the 3.6L. The torque of the 2.7L Turbo though, it puts the 4.3L to shame. Hell it puts the previous generation 4.8 and 5.3L engines to shame.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
No way we get the HO in all trims though. It’s GM. Still will be stout and a great choice for this truck.
The rumor so far is that the Colorado gets the first gen 2.7 turbo, which, still makes a ton of torque starting at 1500rpm. Hopefully like you are saying, higher optioned trucks would get the 2nd gen engine.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Why would they keep the old 2.7 around? Makes no sense. But then again, this is GM, they are still building the 6 speed and have an 8 and a 10.

Instead of the old 2.7, perhaps the pushrod 4.3 would be a better fit.
Why...why...why...the $64,000 question that most people on this website ask themselves everyday. One may never know. :sneaky:
The 4.3L is gone and no longer available as far as I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts