GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Will there be something other than black for an interior color? Central Texas is hot as blazes in the summer so black interior is "no thank you" plus gravel roads are crushed limestone which means lots of light colored dust easily showing up on black interior. Please offer a light or medium shade of grey.
I've got grey in mine with black accents.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ummmm....Will there be a 2dr version? And will there be a V-6 avalible? or are we just getting a "H.O." 4cyl"?.

If not..no interest for me.
I think it would be a mistake to discontinue the V6 in the Colorado. I also have no interest in a turbo 4. Was thinking of upgrading my 25 year old S10 (love the 4.3L V6 in this truck) to a new Colorado. We'll see what GM does.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
I think it would be a mistake to discontinue the V6 in the Colorado. I also have no interest in a turbo 4. Was thinking of upgrading my 25 year old S10 (love the 4.3L V6 in this truck) to a new Colorado. We'll see what GM does.
Given that the 2.7 turbo has better horsepower and torque, why do you prefer the V6?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I actually like the V6, except, and it's a big one, the transmission tuning is a joke. I know it's all about efficiency and MPG but you really have to keep your foot in it more than you'd expect to get a response. I'm even considering a tune once my powertrain warranty is up.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ummmm....Will there be a 2dr version? And will there be a V-6 avalible? or are we just getting a "H.O." 4cyl"?.

If not..no interest for me.
Everything is soccer dad/grandpa crew cabs now, no real trucks anymore

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
Everything is soccer dad/grandpa crew cabs now, no real trucks anymore
Yeah. In the distant past auto companies offered a huge range of choices. But variation costs money, so they have always strived for the fewest variations that could cover the most usages. If you HAD to boil it down to 1 PU truck configuration, that is easily big cab, short bed.

If you want (and bought) single row seating, but you find you need more seating, too bad, that can't be added. If you want (and bought) a short bed, but find that you need to carry more, that CAN be added (by piling high, hanging over the back, or pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I have a 2017 Silverado with the 4.3L and its a great engine. I absolutely love the fact that I can run E85 in it, which here in Cali, E85 is a little bit more than half the cost of a gallon of gas. The 4.3L should have been available in the current gen Colorado instead of the 3.6L. The torque of the 2.7L Turbo though, it puts the 4.3L to shame. Hell it puts the previous generation 4.8 and 5.3L engines to shame.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts