GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Pretty well summarizes the vehicle. No new information that we already did not know.
The car has exceeded my expectations. I was/am the biggest skeptic on the planet vis a vis electric cars, and their role here in the US. I've got 750 miles so far and charging at home has been a non issue. Plug it in in the evening, in the morning 312 miles to 'empty'.
One thing I must point out is the reaction from absolutely everyone that sees the car. Everyone comments on how great it looks both inside and out. Yesterday morning someone offered me 20K over my price to buy the car. I turned him down.:eek:
As they say, so far, so good!
Plant Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
The only thing I wish Cadillac offered was some way to offer quicker acceleration. It's quick enough, but I already see write ups saying that it's slow for an EV.
5.8 sec 0-60. Neither fast nor slow as far as I'm concerned. As a DD, acceleration is 'adequate' as RR would say.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 2014 Cadillac Saks 5th Ave ELR, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
12,039 Posts
The only thing I wish Cadillac offered was some way to offer quicker acceleration. It's quick enough, but I already see write ups saying that it's slow for an EV.
Wait for one with more motors.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Pretty well summarizes the vehicle. No new information that we already did not know.
The car has exceeded my expectations. I was/am the biggest skeptic on the planet vis a vis electric cars, and their role here in the US. I've got 750 miles so far and charging at home has been a non issue. Plug it in in the evening, in the morning 312 miles to 'empty'.
One thing I must point out is the reaction from absolutely everyone that sees the car. Everyone comments on how great it looks both inside and out. Yesterday morning someone offered me 20K over my price to buy the car. I turned him down.:eek:
As they say, so far, so good
You're more self disciplined than I am. I would be sorely tempted to pick up an easy $20K.. Which would likely cover the cost difference to the upgraded model to come.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
You're more self disciplined than I am. I would be sorely tempted to pick up an easy $20K.. Which would likely cover the cost difference to the upgraded model to come.
Yes of course, but what would I do for a vehicle in the interim? Lyriq is sold out, and no new ones till mid '23. So what would i do during the wait? Wayyy too complicated getting another ride with the hope of keeping the 20K. Sure, I could have figured something out, but the old 'bird in the hand.......'

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Yes of course, but what would I do for a vehicle in the interim? Lyriq is sold out, and no new ones till mid '23. So what would i do during the wait? Wayyy too complicated getting another ride with the hope of keeping the 20K. Sure, I could have figured something out, but the old 'bird in the hand.......'
Yeah, I get it.. Sometimes you have to say "My life is complicated enough already"..

·
Registered
45,286 Posts
5.8 sec 0-60. Neither fast nor slow as far as I'm concerned. As a DD, acceleration is 'adequate' as RR would say.
I don't hear people complaining about the Audi eTron's 0-60. It's identical to Lyriq.
Though, with eTron, there are higher versions already available. I'd give Lyriq another year to get the Sport AWD version out, which should align better 0-60.

How is it like as a daily driver? How's the steering at low speed? Confident at highway speed?

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
I don't hear people complaining about the Audi eTron's 0-60. It's identical to Lyriq.
Though, with eTron, there are higher versions already available. I'd give Lyriq another year to get the Sport AWD version out, which should align better 0-60.

How is it like as a daily driver? How's the steering at low speed? Confident at highway speed?
I have to say, so far I am truly impressed. And it takes a great deal to impress me, automotively!
Coming out of a CT6, this thing is just as good as a DD around town.It's a bit larger than I would have liked, but that didn't stop my purchase.
Now on the Nurburgring, that may be another story. With the low center of gravity, it doesn't feel like I'm tossing 5K lbs around.
But again, it's no sports car. It's no CTS V Blackwing. It is what it is. A $60K electric vehicle/SUV/Crossover/shooting break/wagon. I'm happy and I'm confident other buyers will be equally pleased.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Love it! Nothing bad to say about the color but it’s not like GM doesn’t have paint in their factories. Why is the first edition only offered in this color and the Hummer EV only in White?
Also, is it because they are first editions that GM only built so many first year of both this and Hummer or is it a battery thing? Everyone loves the way the Lyriq looks. I know for a fact I’d see these just as often as I see Teslas if they made more. I’m shocked I haven’t seen a single one in person . Where are they all at? The Hummers too!

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Love it! Nothing bad to say about the color but it’s not like GM doesn’t have paint in their factories. Why is the first edition only offered in this color and the Hummer EV only in White?
Also, is it because they are first editions that GM only built so many first year of both this and Hummer or is it a battery thing? Everyone loves the way the Lyriq looks. I know for a fact I’d see these just as often as I see Teslas if they made more. I’m shocked I haven’t seen a single one in person . Where are they all at? The Hummers too!
Reason for limited color is the factories ability to get the initial builds 'right', hence no option choices (other than wheel size) and black or oyster interior and black or satin steel met exterior colors. Next year they are going to introduce several additional colors to the palette. When a mfg intros a new vehicle with a new process, in a new facility (Spring Hill) they want to make sure they get everything right from the initial builds. Cadillac cannot afford to fumble this important launch.

·
Registered
45,286 Posts
I have to say, so far I am truly impressed. And it takes a great deal to impress me, automotively!
Coming out of a CT6, this thing is just as good as a DD around town.It's a bit larger than I would have liked, but that didn't stop my purchase.
Now on the Nurburgring, that may be another story. With the low center of gravity, it doesn't feel like I'm tossing 5K lbs around.
But again, it's no sports car. It's no CTS V Blackwing. It is what it is. A $60K electric vehicle/SUV/Crossover/shooting break/wagon. I'm happy and I'm confident other buyers will be equally pleased.
You're coming from a CT6 and you think the Lyriq is larger than you'd have liked? How does that work? I guess based on the heft and height?
External design aspects aside, the length of Lyriq is my biggest issue. eTron, for me, is large. And Lyriq is longer than eTron. Something around the 189-193" range is what I'd ideally want. The vast majority of my driving is in a dense city environment.

I wouldn't expect a "sports car" driving feel from Lyriq. But if it's a comfortable and easy drive, I'm good with that.

Would you say the steering is light or heavy/weighted? It's been a while since I've driven a CT6, so I don't know if that comparison would work, but I'd still like to hear it.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
The Lyriq is the fastest RWD electric car in its class. Its performance is about the same as a RWD Tesla Model 3, but with better range.

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
You're coming from a CT6 and you think the Lyriq is larger than you'd have liked? How does that work? I guess based on the heft and height?
External design aspects aside, the length of Lyriq is my biggest issue. eTron, for me, is large. And Lyriq is longer than eTron. Something around the 189-193" range is what I'd ideally want. The vast majority of my driving is in a dense city environment.

I wouldn't expect a "sports car" driving feel from Lyriq. But if it's a comfortable and easy drive, I'm good with that.

Would you say the steering is light or heavy/weighted? It's been a while since I've driven a CT6, so I don't know if that comparison would work, but I'd still like to hear it.
The CT6 was also too big for my tastes, but I was sold on the way it looked.o_O
But in spite of their length, both the Lyriq & CT6 appealed to my design sense. No one said it had to make any sense!

The steering feels a bit heavier than the CT6, but it's difficult to do an A/B comparison since it's been some time since I drove the CT6. I believe it's not that different, otherwise I would have sensed a change. One of the writers should do a back to back comparison.

·
Registered
45,286 Posts
The CT6 was also too big for my tastes, but I was sold on the way it looked.o_O
But in spite of their length, both the Lyriq & CT6 appealed to my design sense. No one said it had to make any sense!
LOL. I liked the CT6 design as well. But at 205", it's far far far far far too large. LOL

The steering feels a bit heavier than the CT6, but it's difficult to do an A/B comparison since it's been some time since I drove the CT6. I believe it's not that different, otherwise I would have sensed a change. One of the writers should do a back to back comparison.
That's fair. Heavy is good. :)

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
As they say, so far, so good! View attachment 67425 View attachment 67426
The more I see the Lyriq the more I think people are complete idiots who think this isn’t a hit for Caddy.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts