GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
44,831 Posts
Horsepower is higher than I expected it to be, which is a good thing.
Performance specs are really good.

Interior is somewhat of a disappointment, given it only uses the Platinum interior and doesn't seem to give it a sport-performance upgrade. Those rear seats are comical and don't mesh with the presumed performance credentials.
Cadillac is holding back on that interior.

Price is OK. I would have liked higher, but given there doesn't seem to be interior enhancements, it's a good price point.

It should be easily a sold out product with substantial dealership markups, I would think.
Good to see Cadillac finally drawing a line in the sand.
They just need to fix some of the details.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I look forward to seeing the execution in terms of fit and finish. The lack of attention to executive rear seating remains puzzling. In fact, I think the V version should rate a unique interior, or at least some unique features; give buyers something. Consideration for lease ?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ya know, it'd be nice to see it sitting still so we could actually SEE what it looks like, what these expensive new features look like and judge the fit and finish. Ugh with these "bat outta hell" driving videos, show us what it REALLY looks like when moving....
....through the mall parking lot
....in the school drop-off zone
.....cruising into the cul de sac

·
Registered
626 Posts
You seem to like repeating this same comment every time an article comes up on large, expensive SUVs. Do you even know anybody that has an Escalade? I know several people. They're all middle-aged to older men who have/had successful careers. I don't know any women that like driving large SUVs. Most like mid-sized SUVs or mini-vans if they have a bunch of kids. I don't really understand what your point is.
I think it's sarcastic wit, with an edge of "soccer mom" truthfulness. It's a joke.

·
Registered
44,831 Posts
Kind of glad they didn't put a Blackwing name to it - I've no doubts, due to its size, there will be limitations to its handling.
Just proves that the "Blackwing" moniker was a misstep.
They should have stuck with "V-Sport" and "V" and left it with that.

And yes, handling will be a good question. I wonder how much suspension and the right tires can compensate for the extra ~12" in length compared to RRSport SVR, Cayenne Turbo, and X5M and ~6" more than GLS AMG.

That being said, getting a car that large to go 0-60 in "under 4.4 sec" at least puts it in the same 0-60 category as these other large performance SUVs.
I wonder how close Escalade-V gets to Cayenne Turbo Hybrid?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Just proves that the "Blackwing" moniker was a misstep.
They should have stuck with "V-Sport" and "V" and left it with that.

And yes, handling will be a good question. I wonder how much suspension and the right tires can compensate for the extra ~12" in length compared to RRSport SVR, Cayenne Turbo, and X5M and ~6" more than GLS AMG.

That being said, getting a car that large to go 0-60 in "under 4.4 sec" at least puts it in the same 0-60 category as these other large performance SUVs.
I wonder how close Escalade-V gets to Cayenne Turbo Hybrid?
The decision to further muddle the naming system with "Blackwing" (which should have been reserved for the engine) rather than simply keeping 'V Series' and 'V Sport' doesn't make sense to me.

I would have preferred a true 4WD system with a LOW and transfer case rather than AWD.

Self centering wheel caps would have been a nice touch

2023 Cadillac Escalade V Medium View of Wheel
2023 Cadillac V-Series Closeup of Steering Wheel Emblem

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Range Who? This is a lot of power, A proper Cadillac, That amount power is staggering!

Still neglecting second and third row execution.

When will these people ever get the Memo?
More like when will you get the memo that the Slade‘s customers don’t give a damn.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I agree that Cadillac should put a little more luxury in the rear seats at this price point, but a "V" is a driver's car/SUV. Not many owners are ever going into the rear seats. And none are ever going to become limos either.

·
Premium Member
36,148 Posts
You seem to like repeating this same comment every time an article comes up on large, expensive SUVs. Do you even know anybody that has an Escalade? I know several people. They're all middle-aged to older men who have/had successful careers. I don't know any women that like driving large SUVs. Most like mid-sized SUVs or mini-vans if they have a bunch of kids. I don't really understand what your point is.
He said Suburban with V Treatment, I don’t know anyone with an Escalade. Everyone I know is unsuccessful and drives a Camry. I have to enjoy these on the intern-webs exclusively
More like when will you get the memo that the Slade‘s customers don’t give a damn.
They do, There is a healthy Couch Rear limo rebuild market for these GM rigs, showing GM could tap in with at least one of its brands. GMC, Cadillac or Chevrolet for a real Executive rear seat SUV.

Not to take away from how good the Ultimate or the V Escalades are. But only first row passagers

·
Premium Member
36,148 Posts
I agree that Cadillac should put a little more luxury in the rear seats at this price point, but a "V" is a driver's car/SUV. Not many owners are ever going into the rear seats. And none are ever going to become limos either.
It’s not necessarily the Escalade V, but one of these trims , between Denali, High country and Platinum, one of the brand marketing managers should take the plunge and do the Custom order rear executive seating thing with Suicide doors.

They would most likely sell them all To my Camry driving friends

·
Registered
626 Posts
It’s not necessarily the Escalade V, but one of these trims , between Denali, High country and Platinum, one of the brand marketing managers should take the plunge and do the Custom order rear executive seating thing with Suicide doors.

They would most likely sell them all To my Camry driving friends
Except for the rear opening doors, I can see that. The doors would require more engineering and crash testing.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
They bought the Escalade,because deep down inside their inner Soocer Mom is crying out for an SUV that will make mall parking lots envious of their standing in life.

·
Premium Member
36,148 Posts
Except for the rear opening doors, I can see that. The doors would require more engineering and crash testing.
Rear opening doors are a total cost increase deal killer…, however, if one is doing bespoke, they might as well go in. Re-Doing rear sitting also require safety recertification too. Safety agencies do not give anyone a pass.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Range Who? This is a lot of power, A proper Cadillac, That amount power is staggering!

Still neglecting second and third row execution.

When will these people ever get the Memo?
They will sell all they can build. This is better than any electric thing they will build. This is a true Cadillac end of statement.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts