GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the group but I have seen a lot of you have the same question… I ordered a 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe LT on 9/4/21. Truck was produced on 10/6 and delivered to the rail yard for transport on 10/8. Truck arrived Ft. Wayne Indiana about an hour and 30 mins from my home. Truck was due to be delivered on 11/6. From that date, I have been pushed back each week until the week of Christmas where it went from 4800 awaiting carrier to delayed with no ETA. At this point I can’t get an explanation of why a completed truck at a distribution lot can’t get delivered. To add to the anger, delearship says they contacted the rep to get the truck released and was told no. Can anyone help me understand this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They were parking completed units all over the place, the only thing they needed were computer chips. Is your Tahoe one of those?
Nope. Was fully produced. Went from ready to ship to not ready and delayed back and forth. Literally an hour and 30 away from the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update. Changed
They may be not telling you, but it is a chip issue. I am a smaller dealer in Canada, and have 40 units sitting at the plant waiting for these. It is call MP hold. I have some 2021's that have been at the plant since April of 2021
understood but status is 4D00 Delayed no MP status. It was released to carrier a few times and then delayed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update. Changed
They may be not telling you, but it is a chip issue. I am a smaller dealer in Canada, and have 40 units sitting at the plant waiting for these. It is call MP hold. I have some 2021's that have been at the plant since April of 2021
understood but status is 4D00 Delayed no MP status. It was released to carrier a few times and then
Yes, at the moment I have probably a dozen different vehicles 4D00. That code means it's Bayed. Delayed in our case in Canada is also means it's waiting for the multi processor. We have both Delayed and MP hold, and basically we find it means the same thing
gotcha. I appreciate that information. Guess I’ll go back to patiently waiting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts