GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone is getting fired

and for all our new fans of quilting:

So...overall...IDK just yet, the center stack reminds me of what the Avalon would've looked like had they not had those stupid knobs and buttons.

.,.but I do like what they're doing with the rear design. I'll give it benefit of the doubt for now because it is the S Class and this is a a prepro car under plastic/cardboard covering and we still havent seen the full glory shot as well.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks a little Hyundai from head on and rear shot
Looks like a Mercedes to me....MB has never been known for super flashy exterior styling on their core sedans, they've always been subdued/stately. When you're leading the segment, you can kinda get away with boring.

Reactions: CJH

·
Registered
17,503 Posts
Looks a little Hyundai from head on and rear shot
Genesis was my thought seeing the exterior. Looks "mass product Asian", where is the German "presence" and fine details? Granted, these are spy shots, maybe the end product will look different. That grill....

Interior looks nice and what I expect from Mercedes!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's that big opening behind the IP tablet for?. Is that where a "lady" can store her purse?
I'm thinking some kind of driver attentiveness monitor ala SuperCruise....or some kind of augmented reality like massive HUD

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Genesis was my thought seeing the exterior. Looks "mass product Asian", where is the German "presence" and fine details? Granted, these are spy shots, maybe the end product will look different. That grill....

Interior looks nice and what I expect from Mercedes!
Yep I saw Genesis in the front on shot

Particularly in the grill

The rear end is very generic and could be from any sedan from Korea in the last decade

Disappointed in the exterior but the interior looks on point for an S Class

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW! How the mighty have fallen!! Very Koreanesque and not the newer ones either! That's terrible!
It'll still end up being the #1 large luxury sedan on the market.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
It looks like it's at a junk yard?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's because a junkyard is where it belongs! The upcoming Cadillac Magnificent Hamburger will put that cheap piece of wannabe Korean/German trash to shame!

I was trying to channel my inner Greg.Botts
I guess you forgot already it's called the '25 Cadillaq Magnifiquent Hamburq

·
Registered
961 Posts
No balloon knot air vents? No glued-on swatches of quilted material on the dash? A giant Tesla-esque vertical screen? A 15-yr old Camry rear fascia? Oooookay then.

·
Premium Member
33,772 Posts
No balloon knot air vents? No glued-on swatches of quilted material on the dash? A giant Tesla-esque vertical screen? A 15-yr old Camry rear fascia? Oooookay then.
But, but, its German engineering.. with oil pumps for pre tensioning of the suspension.. you know.. automatic...

·
Registered
10,437 Posts
Yep I saw Genesis in the front on shot

Particularly in the grill

The rear end is very generic and could be from any sedan from Korea in the last decade

Disappointed in the exterior but the interior looks on point for an S Class
Probably intentional to put people off. I doubt it will have a grille like that in production. I agree about the rear - it does look generic.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
That's because a junkyard is where it belongs! The upcoming Cadillac Magnificent Hamburger will put that cheap piece of wannabe Korean/German trash to shame!

I was trying to channel my inner Greg.Botts
Not Greg.Botts here, but Cadillac has a forthcoming interior (not the Lyriq or Celestiq) that makes this S Class interior look like Rank amateurs designed it. Probably a lower price point than the S, but this Cadillac interior might even be a better overall design than the new ESCALADE‘S interior. I kid you not!

Don’t think it’s called the Cadillac Hamburger though, unless they’re figuring a German name would lend It more gravitas.

·
Registered
457 Posts
But, but, its German engineering.. with oil pumps for pre tensioning of the suspension.. you know.. automatic...
This is a very common sight in Europe (this and the next generation often abandoned somewhere on parking lots and rural areas) I wonder if there be any of those on the road in the next few years. I see more 90's Caddy STS in Europe than this 95-13 S-Class.

It'll still end up being the #1 large luxury sedan on the market.
Nobody said it was going to change, especially outside U.S. where Audi/BMW/MB have monopoly.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts