GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The updated Navigator has been spotted with less camo, revealing a fairly minor refresh inside and out. The one thing you can see in the interior is the larger screen and Lincoln's version of Super Cruise, which is using the same face tracking cluster found in the Mach E.

Perhaps the biggest visual change is in the rear taillights, now thinner and more rounded with a raised light-bar detail.

The article mentions the Hybrid hardware from F-150, but I haven't been able to get confirmation of a Hybrid with this refresh. If it doens't get it, I woudln't be surprised since a full redesign is scheduled for 2024.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Looks like the screen fits into the same size housing, but it's a different screen - look at the corners, which are more square now. My guess is they got rid of the mile wide black bezel around the screen for a larger screen in the same space. I'd assume it's the 12.x" that Nautilus just got.

image.thumb.png.1168fc4fdace118a29e83a9e1691c6cd.pngimage.thumb.png.14a19dfaa6700c6ed3be3a6cdf2386b8.png

Also looks like it's getting slimmer taillights to better match the rest of the lineup. Seems like it'll mimic Aviator's setup with a single red horizontal strip and white portions underneath the outermost parts. It also gets a full width reflector strip higher up on the bumper.

image.thumb.png.d00fee999be536fda8c6ed121a533279.png

Up front, it's getting the new headlights, and the lower grille has been inverted.

I also see the mirror mounts have the bigger camera pod that F-150 now uses, so as noted above, it'll get Lincoln's branding of BlueCruise. StarDrive? StarCruise?

image.thumb.png.bc7f1533c3d3f2df2e1d92148d39a6bb.png

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I've never been a big fan of the exterior on this generation 'Gator, but I love the interior. I was never a fan of the interior on the last Escalade, but I love the exterior. Here we are, everything has come together, I like the interiors on both and think the exteriors are pretty blah.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe Lincoln's version of Blue Cruise might be called Lincoln eGlide.

As for the screen, it is wider for Sync 4A, but it does look like they kept the same assembly footprint and just redesigned the insert and filled the space with screen instead of bezels. I see they have redesigned the vents and controls a bit, but it's hard to tell proportions.

I just assumed Navigator would get the screen that debuted on the updated Nautilus, which does look wider and shorter than what is spied.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've never been a big fan of the exterior on this generation 'Gator, but I love the interior. I was never a fan of the interior on the last Escalade, but I love the exterior. Here we are, everything has come together, I like the interiors on both and think the exteriors are pretty blah.
It's really a shame they both took the safe, generic route for their new design themes.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Looks good. The big bezels seemed outdated and was about the only thing that bothered me on the interior. I hope it get the hybrid, I am pretty intrigued by that.

Reactions: mgescuro

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I believe Lincoln's version of Blue Cruise might be called Lincoln eGlide.

As for the screen, it is wider for Sync 4A, but it does look like they kept the same assembly footprint and just redesigned the insert and filled the space with screen instead of bezels. I see they have redesigned the vents and controls a bit, but it's hard to tell proportions.

I just assumed Navigator would get the screen that debuted on the updated Nautilus, which does look wider and shorter than what is spied.

I forgot about that eGlide trademark.......sounds terrible to me. Guess we'll see soon enough.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I forgot about that eGlide trademark.......sounds terrible to me. Guess we'll see soon enough.
eGlide sounds better for a hybrid than for a super cruise.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Looks like the screen fits into the same size housing, but it's a different screen - look at the corners, which are more square now. My guess is they got rid of the mile wide black bezel around the screen for a larger screen in the same space. I'd assume it's the 12.x" that Nautilus just got.

image.thumb.png.1168fc4fdace118a29e83a9e1691c6cd.pngimage.thumb.png.14a19dfaa6700c6ed3be3a6cdf2386b8.png

Also looks like it's getting slimmer taillights to better match the rest of the lineup. Seems like it'll mimic Aviator's setup with a single red horizontal strip and white portions underneath the outermost parts. It also gets a full width reflector strip higher up on the bumper.

image.thumb.png.d00fee999be536fda8c6ed121a533279.png

Up front, it's getting the new headlights, and the lower grille has been inverted.

I also see the mirror mounts have the bigger camera pod that F-150 now uses, so as noted above, it'll get Lincoln's branding of BlueCruise. StarDrive? StarCruise?

image.thumb.png.bc7f1533c3d3f2df2e1d92148d39a6bb.png
Also looks like the gauge cluster is going to grow as well, spanning from the leftmost edge of what used to be wood trim all the way to the center screen

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Also looks like the gauge cluster is going to grow as well, spanning from the leftmost edge of what used to be wood trim all the way to the center screen
Yeah, I couldn't tell if it was just the angle of the picture creating that illusion or if the gauge cluster truly was bigger.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Went to Cothco and ordered a bigger TV! yeah!
So bigger screens are the greatest thing since sliced bread on the Escalade, but its booo bad when anybody else does it? :unsure:

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
So bigger screens are the greatest thing since sliced bread on the Escalade, but its booo bad when anybody else does it? :unsure:
I really think some people just post to get their post count up...half the **** some say lacks any content...just a bunch of pointless ass one liners.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,348 Posts
I really think some people just post to get their post count up...half the **** some say lacks any content...just a bunch of pointless ass one liners.
HEY!!! Now now here, I've even been guilty of that myself:). But not to boost post count, that's juvenile and who cares about that. :D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts