GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,473 Posts
Yea, I wish the 4xE would be a stand alone but I guess that's the plan later on.

In some pictures I get a huge Liberty vibe from it. Not the most flattering but it still looks very good. I bet it'll look way better in person just like the L does.

The interior....whoa. The way they have the screen is absolutely beautiful. Everything looks great aside from the piano plastic but it flows great.
I saw one Saturday and IMO it does look better in person. Especially in models that are all one color instead of separate roof color, which tends to accentuate the new lines in a "different or weird" kind of way I think.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
Well, apparently the 4xe on the Wrangler is a $10,000 option!? (with a $7,500 credit).

I don't see how it is worth that much, unless they are rolling it up with a bunch of options, like a lot of options. No way it would be that much when their EV credits are gone.
From the review I saw, they said its great around town and nice for the trail, but hurts your HWY MPG, due to the extra weight. So whether its worth it or not really depends on your use case.

Jeep has been hemorrhagingg sales for the better part of a decade, this won't do anything about that.
Not sure if you are trolling or really that ignorant...... JEEP BRAND - 2011: 419,349 sales. 2021 (despite the chip shortage) is on pace for around 800,000. Adding a 3-row GC and Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer are only going to help.

The Durango is just a stripped "L" version of the last gen GC........... o_O:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I think they’re trying to accent the slanted Design of the earlier Wagoneer. Notice the chrome strip is on the top and not along the bottom of the windows.
Its ironic because even with this design on the GC, people were hoping to see this on the new Wagoneer…. People still seem to not like it, Can’t please them all🤷🏽‍♂️

Attachments

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Jeep has been hemorrhagingg sales for the better part of a decade, this won't do anything about that.
You spelled "astronomical growth" wrong, unless you were trying to spell "hemorrhaging", then you spelled that wrong too................

The Durango is fine, but the 3rd row isn't very useable, the Grand Cherokee L makes the Durango irrelevant.

I mourn not for the canceled Canyon companion, we never even saw so much as a lame GM CGI teaser. I've always been a fat bottomed girl kinda guy anyways. Full sized class is where it's at for me.

PS. Cheap junk is still junk, I'll pass.
I'm not sure how close GM was with expanding the Colorado/Canyon offering, I think GM realized suppliers would have trouble with significantly higher volumes, it quietly faded.

Not a fan, but Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer are Full-Sized, something Jeep hasn't had in decades, much less Chrysler.

·
Registered
21,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Are we getting an upscale Durango? I'm not sure what the future plans are but it would be an absolute shame to throw away that nameplate.
Product Pipeline shows it ending in 2024, so my guess is no significant changes and 3 more model-years, as much as I like the Jeep Grand Cherokee, not a fan of the "look" of the larger Jeeps; Grand Cherokee L, Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer.
-But I can totally see a Durango hidden under the skin of the Grand Cherokee L.

Reactions: bballr4567

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
it’s been said many times that the Durango will move to a BOF platform like the original to directly compete with the Tahoe. I imagine it being slightly shorter length Wagoneer (it’s long AF) with a decreased wheelbase (maybe). Tuned to be more of a car like Durango as today, but on a BOF platform. Making a SRT version possible.

·
Registered
18,461 Posts
it’s been said many times that the Durango will move to a BOF platform like the original to directly compete with the Tahoe. I imagine it being slightly shorter length Wagoneer (it’s long AF) with a decreased wheelbase (maybe). Tuned to be more of a car like Durango as today, but on a BOF platform. Making a SRT version possible.
Do we have confirmation of that? New Ram 1500 chassis?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts