GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Arrives in Two-Row Form with New Hybrid

Complementing the three-row Grand Cherokee L, this new version offers a 4xe plug-in-hybrid variant and an off-road Trailhawk model.

BY JOEY CAPPARELLA SEPTEMBER 29, 2021
  • Jeep has revealed the two-row version of the new Grand Cherokee.
  • The 2022 Grand Cherokee will offer a plug-in-hybrid model called 4xe.
  • There's also a Trailhawk off-road trim level that can be combined with the hybrid powertrain.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee has classically been a mid-size SUV with two rows of seats. But Jeep flipped the script with the latest generation, introducing the fifth-generation SUV's redesign first with a new three-row L model. The company is now getting around to launching the standard-wheelbase version of the new model, and the 2022 Grand Cherokee will arrive in the U.S. later this year to replace the outgoing 2021 two-row model that's currently being sold alongside the new Grand Cherokee L.

The two-row Grand Cherokee has a five-inch shorter wheelbase than the three-row model, and it's nearly a foot shorter in overall length. But the styling is similar to the Grand Cherokee L's aside from some trim differences and unique wheel designs. The rear end looks a bit sleeker and features a floating pillar design.

Inside, the biggest difference is the seating setup. A three-place second-row bench makes for five-passenger capacity, and neither a third row nor second-row captain's chairs are available like you'll find in the L. The dashboard is otherwise similar and offers a digital gauge cluster as standard along with central infotainment screens ranging from 8.4 to 10.1 inches depending on trim level. There's even an optional screen available for the front passenger that can display functions including audio and navigation.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Reactions: gkr778

·
Registered
21,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WOW! Home-run, Trailhawk trim looks terrific!

Now the question 2.0L with 25 miles of EV range or just go with the 3.6L V6?

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,306 Posts

Yeah, I'm quite impressed with it, but no pricing on the build thing yet.

·
Registered
21,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm quite impressed with it, but no pricing on the build thing yet.
It'll be close to current, but slim on incentives at least until supply-chain normalizes, which is looking more and more like 2023.

Reactions: CJH

·
Registered
4,153 Posts

·
Registered
21,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
21,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hemi or bust!!!
I really like the 4.7L in our 2004, always felt like that was the perfect motor for that vehicle.

Reactions: CJH

·
Registered
18,981 Posts
I'm liking the Summit Reserve! Amazing to think of where they've come from - I'm thinking of my wife's first Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 2002, it was nice, but nothing like this. This even makes her 2011 pale in comparison. Granted, I bet this Summit Reserve as pictured in the posted article is at least $70k.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Hell Cadillac don’t even have a competitor to this or the L , XT6 who?
Kind of sad, isn't it?

I'm liking the Summit Reserve! Amazing to think of where they've come from - I'm thinking of my wife's first Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 2002, it was nice, but nothing like this. This even makes her 2011 pale in comparison. Granted, I bet this Summit Reserve as pictured in the posted article is at least $70k.
The Top Dog Summmit Reserve L starts at $63,635. So the 2-row will probably be $60kish. Not bad, huh? The L is a contender for my next truck, which I didn't expect. I am thoroughly impressed with it.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I really like the 4.7L in our 2004, always felt like that was the perfect motor for that vehicle.
A Friend of mine had one of those and really liked it. It was a pretty solid motor all the way around and was really good in the GC. I kind of wished they had updated that motor and brought it back, but unfortunately, I think that ship has sailed....

Reactions: Ed753

·
Registered
18,981 Posts
Kind of sad, isn't it?

The Top Dog Summmit Reserve L starts at $63,635. So the 2-row will probably be $60kish. Not bad, huh? The L is a contender for my next truck, which I didn't expect. I am thoroughly impressed with it.
Yes! If that is around $60k it'll be quite a deal - I'll be interested to see if my wife regrets switching from Jeep to Volvo, though I suspect she won't as her change was driven more by the dealership.

·
Registered
21,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Well, apparently the 4xe on the Wrangler is a $10,000 option!? (with a $7,500 credit).

I don't see how it is worth that much, unless they are rolling it up with a bunch of options, like a lot of options. No way it would be that much when their EV credits are gone.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Well, apparently the 4xe on the Wrangler is a $10,000 option!? (with a $7,500 credit).

I don't see how it is worth that much, unless they are rolling it up with a bunch of options, like a lot of options. No way it would be that much when their EV credits are gone.
The Wrangler 4xE comes practically fully loaded.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,306 Posts
Let's just say this. I really like the Trailhawk version, and I saw a white one today, didn't get close enough to see which trim though and it ain't half bad.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
And why do you say that? 🧐 Please divulge :geek:.
Jeep has been hemorrhagingg sales for the better part of a decade, this won't do anything about that.

Seriously? What's better in its class?
Durango

Ooohhh. Sounds like somebody big mad that GMC can't compete...its all good Jimmy D...cross over to the dark side, we're waiting on you with $40,000 490hp sedans and actually off road capable SUVs(not CUVs, actual **** SUVs) in hand
I mourn not for the canceled Canyon companion, we never even saw so much as a lame GM CGI teaser. I've always been a fat bottomed girl kinda guy anyways. Full sized class is where it's at for me.

PS. Cheap junk is still junk, I'll pass.

·
Registered
18,418 Posts
The Wrangler 4xE comes practically fully loaded.
Yea, I wish the 4xE would be a stand alone but I guess that's the plan later on.

In some pictures I get a huge Liberty vibe from it. Not the most flattering but it still looks very good. I bet it'll look way better in person just like the L does.

The interior....whoa. The way they have the screen is absolutely beautiful. Everything looks great aside from the piano plastic but it flows great.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts