·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2022 Infiniti QX55 Revealed With All-New, FX-Inspired Styling
Motor1

By: Chris Bruce

Nov 17, 2020
The 2022 Infiniti QX55 debuts to invigorate the brand's crossover lineup with a fresh look that also subtly evokes the past. Sales will begin in the US and Canada in Spring 2021, and pricing will be available closer to launch.

The QX55's designers indicate that the crossover's arching roofline is a tribute to the similar silhouette of the 2003 Infiniti FX. Curves play a large role in the new model's styling, like the raised, rounded areas that run along the edges of the hood and the shape of the hatchback. In front, there's a large grille, and the three-dimensional pattern of the mesh takes inspiration from origami.
Buyers will be able to get the QX55 in eight body colors. The two standard choices will be Dynamic Sunstone Red and Slate Gray. There will also be Majestic White, Liquid Platinum, Graphite Shadow, Mineral Black, Black Obsidian, and Hermosa Blue.

The QX55 comes exclusively with a variable-compression 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine and CVT that channels power to an all-wheel-drive system. The powerplant makes 268 horsepower (200 kilowatts) and 280 pound-feet (380 Newton-meters) of torque. During normal driving, the drivetrain sends 100 percent of the power to the front wheels but can route up to 50 percent to the rear wheels when things get slippery.

[video]https://motorsport.tv/embed/uYZwyErv?autoplay[/video]

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Sloping roofline alone does not make an FX redux. Shame really because the FX was one of the first performance CUVs and now we have this FWD garbage. Infiniti is going backwards and moving more and more towards complete irrelevancy.

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Nothing to exciting. Outside is nice though something about the interior looks "5 years ago", though I can't put my finger on anything specific. Might be the angle that make the dash look really high.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I like it. I've always been a fan of Infiniti's styling. Very elegant.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
So...we hate tacked on ipad dashes except when GM does it. then whenever someone else does an integrated screen it suddenly looks dated...glad you guys cleared that up.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Its "fine". Nothing really compelling about it. The original FX was cooool.

Reactions: ryannel2003
1 - 7 of 7 Posts