GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,947 Posts
Looks like the current one, they just took the details that made it look ugly to me and made them bland details.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,163 Posts
Yes it looks way better than current gen IMO.

The manual transmission will only be available on the hatchback, per the articles, so I'll have to see what that looks like before adding this to my list of possible next cars. The current gen hatch is way too weird looking for me. If they can "soften" it, like they've done with the sedan here, I'd consider a manual-transmission version of the hatch for a next car.

Here's the Honda page:

https://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/2022-civic

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
The thing I like about it....the windshield looks more 'upright' and there seems to be a tad bit taller of a greenhouse than in most sedans today.

Its not a huge difference, but everyone else seems to have each new generation of sedan lower to the ground, with a steep sloped windshield....it is refreshing to see something that is even SLIGHTLY more upright looking for a sedan.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
And no more coupe! :mad:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The thing I like about it....the windshield looks more 'upright' and there seems to be a tad bit taller of a greenhouse than in most sedans today.

Its not a huge difference, but everyone else seems to have each new generation of sedan lower to the ground, with a steep sloped windshield....it is refreshing to see something that is even SLIGHTLY more upright looking for a sedan.
This is exactly what Honda was going for. "Glassy cabin with a very expansive and pleasant feel." See video:

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,163 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,276 Posts
, Demographics my dear, demographics :). I actually like this new one quite a bit. The outgoing one was always a bit too extroverted in its looks for me.
Yup, the trying too hard to look cool.
One feature I like is how the camera puts an image of your right hand side on the dash when you indicate lane changes. That is a very neat feature that should be mandatory for auto manufacturers. If they have to pay Honda a fee, so be it.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
^^^So was it trying too hard to look cool or was it typical mundane Honda design? I don't even know how someone can go from one to the other within the same page of the same thread, anything to cover all the bases right? Next thing you know you're going to be saying stuff like..."it's pretty but it's ugly"

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,692 Posts
Yup, the trying too hard to look cool.
One feature I like is how the camera puts an image of your right hand side on the dash when you indicate lane changes. That is a very neat feature that should be mandatory for auto manufacturers. If they have to pay Honda a fee, so be it.
Watch out. Next the gov't dweebs will get wind of it and make it a mandatory safety feature... but that might not be so bad with what it(the feature) could do towards the positive in driving safety and spatial awareness.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
Watch out. Next the gov't dweebs will get wind of it and make it a mandatory safety feature... but that might not be so bad with what it(the feature) could do towards the positive in driving safety and spatial awareness.
Hyundai has this on the Palisade Limited and has for a while, I don't think its any patented tech. If anything the gov't needs to relax regs and allow makers to nix sideview mirrors for cameras. This is one place where gov't regulations are way behind tech...for example: laser Headlights legal in EU not legal here.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,692 Posts
Hyundai has this on the Palisade Limited and has for a while, I don't think its any patented tech. If anything the gov't needs to relax regs and allow makers to nix sideview mirrors for cameras. This is one place where gov't regulations are way behind tech...for example: laser Headlights legal in EU not legal here.
Might be a good idea, but the more we keep wanting added to our vehicles has a side effect(affect) of making them continually more complex and costly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts