GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I can't believe people are commenting on a ****ty photoshop..

At any rate, anyone expecting anything other than a Canyon companion as far as looks are concerned, would be pretty silly. GM is too cheap to do bespoke. Baby Yukon at best, Canyon SUV at worse, either way, if true, this will be a nice win for enthusiasts. Even if GM doesn't offer it, all the ZR2 bits will likely swap easily.

Bit of interesting contrast from the other "InsideNews" site:
Supplier documents indicate the new SUV will enter production in Wentzville in July 2020

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I can't believe people are commenting on a ****ty photoshop..
At any rate, anyone expecting anything other than a Canyon companion as far as looks are concerned, would be pretty silly. GM is too cheap to do bespoke. Baby Yukon at best, Canyon SUV at worse, either way, if true, this will be a nice win for enthusiasts. Even if GM doesn't offer it, all the ZR2 bits will likely swap easily.
Bit of interesting contrast from the other "InsideNews" site:
A Colorado-based suv could have been introduced in 2014 from Wentzville, GM would rather follow than lead.

·
Registered
13,159 Posts
Jimmy is a lame old name and i had one and liked it...

GM should if its bringing back tough nameplates for future cuv ..

GMC Hummer H4 should be brought out...

A GMC H5 could be even smaller..

Yes I kniw Hummer was a brand etc blah blah blah...but who cares...make the GMC Hummer H4 and H5...

Cool name is cool name...

Nobody cares if it becomes a model name verus a brand division...

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
A Colorado-based suv could have been introduced in 2014 from Wentzville, GM would rather follow than lead.
I think once the sales of C/C took off the first year, the SUVs being greenlit for year 2 would be a most realistic expectation. Opportunity foolishly squandered and lost for GM indeed.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Jimmy is a lame old name and i had one and liked it...

GM should if its bringing back tough nameplates for future cuv ..

GMC Hummer H4 should be brought out...

A GMC H5 could be even smaller..

Yes I kniw Hummer was a brand etc blah blah blah...but who cares...make the GMC Hummer H4 and H5...

Cool name is cool name...

Nobody cares if it becomes a model name verus a brand division...
Hummer might be a lawsuit waiting to happen from disgruntled franchise owners who were left out in the cold when the brand shutdown. Not sure how those things go, but I do believe that is brought up in conversations over other shuttered brands.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,178 Posts
IMHO it has to be as good as a WRANGLER off road and as liveable as a FORD EXPLORER otherwise it will FAIL as people will go for something "better" IF offered
And then GM will pull the usual "See we told you so" after it fails. All the while excuses for another half-assed attempt. :(:mad:

·
Premium Member
33,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
IMHO it has to be as good as a WRANGLER off road and as liveable as a FORD EXPLORER otherwise it will FAIL as people will go for something "better" IF offered
And then GM will pull the usual "See we told you so" after it fails. All the while excuses for another half-assed attempt.
Obviosly, you never bought the Hummer or the Chevrolet SS

·
Registered
722 Posts
It would be awesome if GM brings back Hummer somehow. The first Vehicle should be a Wrangler fighter. But since that is probably unrealistic, GMC or Chevy needs a Wrangler type of vehicle in the stable.

·
Registered
425 Posts
LOL, you people never learn. Haven't you seen the new GM?
This will be another unibody, FWD, with a four banger under the hood, an expensive AWD option and with the safety features available only on the premium trims.
GM is not what they used to be, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
GM had the chance for that with the Blazer. Instead, what we got was a re-faced Equinox that doesn’t even explain its spot in the lineup. Just like the Camaro’s too late to the prom by the Mustang, GM is getting flat footed by Ford with the Bronco.

·
Registered
7,798 Posts

According to the bwoys at Car and Driver, a new BOF GMC exclusive Jimmy will debute with the redesigned Canyon and Colorado.
GMC is the best brand to offer this type vehicle since it can carry the premium price and allow GM to make a profit if sales are "medium volume" and/or GM wants to limit the production numbers for CAFE.

Just hope it looks better than the 'chop and is offered in both 2 door and 4 door models.

I doubt GM will offer it, and would be an interested buyer if they do (I am not "saving up" since GM is GM)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts