GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

Registered
My last tank was 34.4 (I'm averaging 36.2....55 mph highway speed, very little city driving, 1.5L FWD (all flat here, all paved.....at least where I go...plus, I didn't get as much back on my Bolt as planned)

Registered

Looks nice.
I've never driven one. But I recently rented a GMC Terrain for 8 days on Maui.
Overall, I found the performance a bit hit and miss. It handled the Road to Hana quite well... surprisingly well, actually. Driving wasn't "fun" but it was fairly precise, which is what you need on that notoriously narrow and curvy road. I would have wanted more power on the uphill routes to Hana and Haleakala.
For a "small" SUV, it's pretty large. It could probably be 3-4" smaller and still be fine.

That being said, I found the ergonomics of the Terrain pretty incompetent, with the shifter buttons located where they are. I never got used to the placement over the course of 8 days.

Registered
I've never been a big fan of this generation Equinox, but this is a solid refresh; I approve.
I had one as a rental last week, I had to go to our Daytona office and remove a bunch of servers since they are moving into a different location and all their stuff is being moved to the datacenter. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed with it. Lots of road noise when driving across the state on I4 and the dash was basically all hard plastic and the turn signal stalk felt like it was going to break every time I used it. Granted it was a rental so probably a base model but eh I kind of expected a little bit more. Every GM vehicle I rented seemed to always have a quiet highway ride I was suprised how much road noise I heard on it and I had to crank the volume up pretty high to drown it out.

Side note more of a ha ha moment and not the Equinox's fault but it was really not designed for this work look at that squat! It drove like total crap on the way back way too much weight in the rear and the front kept drifting around.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Attachments

Registered
WOW that is squatting, you should have loaded some of that heavier stuff behind the front seats and some of that lighter stuff near the back, all that weight behind the rear axle, you've got a fair amount of leverage going-on (like a teeter-totter).

Registered
WOW that is squatting, you should have loaded some of that heavier stuff behind the front seats and some of that lighter stuff near the back, all that weight behind the rear axle, you've got a fair amount of leverage going-on (like a teeter-totter).
Yea the entire trip was poor planning. I had 0 help loading this stuff they all took off as soon as I got there except the project manager and she just sat and watched me struggle lifting some of this stuff since there was no cart. They told me there wasn't that much and I'd only need a mid size SUV. When I got there I found out the hard way there was a lot more than expected. The bottom part of that pile was all rack mounted battery backups so I had the heaviest stuff on the bottom from the rear to the rear seat and just had to figure out how to fit everything else in what little room I had. If I knew how much stuff was ACTUALLY there I would have rented a Suburban or Expedition. Hindsight is 2020 though.

Registered
I had one as a rental last week, I had to go to our Daytona office and remove a bunch of servers since they are moving into a different location and all their stuff is being moved to the datacenter. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed with it. Lots of road noise when driving across the state on I4 and the dash was basically all hard plastic and the turn signal stalk felt like it was going to break every time I used it. Granted it was a rental so probably a base model but eh I kind of expected a little bit more. Every GM vehicle I rented seemed to always have a quiet highway ride I was suprised how much road noise I heard on it and I had to crank the volume up pretty high to drown it out.

Side note more of a ha ha moment and not the Equinox's fault but it was really not designed for this work look at that squat! It drove like total crap on the way back way too much weight in the rear and the front kept drifting around.

View attachment 64559

View attachment 64561
That's odd, mine is pretty quiet....how many miles were on it? Mine is just as quiet as my Bolt was.

Registered

View attachment 64559

View attachment 64561
Hahahaa! Drive at night and you'll really be able to see the overhead signs on the highway!

We were having the foyer/kitchen/bathroom/hallway all redone several years ago with tile. I loaded all of the tile into the back of my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee. I definitely had it past it's weight carrying limit - very twitchy, creaky. Next time I'll make two trips - after that there was a permanent, small creak in the springs. Sounds like you didn't have the luxury of two trips.

Registered
That's odd, mine is pretty quiet....how many miles were on it? Mine is just as quiet as my Bolt was.
~40k miles were on it.

Registered
~40k miles were on it.
I believe the Equinox is fairly quiet (among its segment) but Andrew's daily-driver is a Lincoln MKZ.
- Tire condition, and that awesome camber I'm sure his had with that front-end up in the air, could also add to noise-levels.

Registered
might have been tire condition didn't really think of that was just annoying on my drive over and back wasn't expecting it to be as noisy as it was.

Reactions: Mr.Buttons

Registered
I think I read somewhere (Car & Driver?) that the Equinox/Terrain with the 2.0T/9spd is faster than an Audi Q5. Zero to 60 mph in 6.6 seconds is pretty good for an SUV-lette.

Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
I think I read somewhere (Car & Driver?) that the Equinox/Terrain with the 2.0T/9spd is faster than an Audi Q5. Zero to 60 mph in 6.6 seconds is pretty good for an SUV-lette.
Yup, the 2.0L LTG engine previously offered on Chevy Equinox made the vehicle quite swift. Too bad that engine option is gone for 2022. Here's the Car and Driver article on a 2018 Equinox equipped with that engine and AWD:

Tested: 2018 Chevrolet Equinox 2.0T AWD

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

View attachment 64559

View attachment 64561
Being a rental, the noise cancellation system might be broken and no one fixed it. Ghai.. you still use desktops? Crazy

Registered
Being a rental, the noise cancellation system might be broken and no one fixed it. Ghai.. you still use desktops? Crazy
been phasing out desktops for laptops since last year but some office accounting leads are a bit cheap and dont want to spend the money to upgrade.... go figure.

• Haha
Reactions: mbukukanyau

Registered
been phasing out desktops for laptops since last year but some office accounting leads are a bit cheap and dont want to spend the money to upgrade.... go figure.

Amazing, the only time you'd see desktops in my current and previous company are high powered developer desktops.
There is no such thing as an El Cheapo desktop system. Everyone has laptops.

I haven't had a desktop as a work computer since 2000.

Registered
Amazing, the only time you'd see desktops in my current and previous company are high powered developer desktops.
There is no such thing as an El Cheapo desktop system. Everyone has laptops.

I haven't had a desktop as a work computer since 2000.
I had a desktop in the office up till last year and a laptop for travel. Of course my desktop was not a standard one it had support for 4 monitors, more ram and a larger SSD. I guess that would be expected due to my roll. For the most part our company was not working remotely it was all in office except for the brokers who got laptops. When the pandemic hit last year I had to send a lot of people home with older desktops that we were about to recycle and thank god we didn't because we would have been short. It's amazing to me how many people don't own a home computer (laptop or desktop) at all anymore. There were even some people who didn't have internet period. those people had to keep coming into the office and won't get a laptop when the time comes because what's the point if you don't have internet at home.

Registered
I had a desktop in the office up till last year and a laptop for travel. Of course my desktop was not a standard one it had support for 4 monitors, more ram and a larger SSD. I guess that would be expected due to my roll. For the most part our company was not working remotely it was all in office except for the brokers who got laptops. When the pandemic hit last year I had to send a lot of people home with older desktops that we were about to recycle and thank god we didn't because we would have been short. It's amazing to me how many people don't own a home computer (laptop or desktop) at all anymore. There were even some people who didn't have internet period. those people had to keep coming into the office and won't get a laptop when the time comes because what's the point if you don't have internet at home.

Geez. I guess you don't work for a "tech company." Just hard to imagine NOT having internet at home this day in age. But I guess if you have a smartphone, you really don't need to have internet or a home computer.

But then again, how does one do their taxes without a home computer? Do they do them at work? Or use an accountant?

I get having desktops for custom setups for support or engineering. Most laptops can't drive 4 monitors.

I'm just happy with my MacBook Pro 16. I use a Portal for my work VC calls, which is a little complicated and gets stupid when people decide to share their screen. My iPad has a bigger screen than the Portal. haha

21 - 40 of 69 Posts