GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Chevrolet is adding a new off-road package to the 2022 Chevy Colorado pickup. The new Trail Boss package will slot in between the existing Z71 and ZR2 off-road trims in terms of capability.
Unlike the Z71 and ZR2, which are trims unto themselves, the Trail Boss package will be an add-on available on either the LT or Z71. It adds a one-inch suspension leveling kit, two more skid plates (the Z71 includes one for its transfer case), 17-inch ZR2-style accessory wheels, an updated front bumper without the aero dam, and some red exterior accents.

·
Registered
332 Posts
They do look nice and makes you wonder what the 2022/2023 are going to look like. Seems they plan on full line up out the gate with the new ones.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
What is the "one inch suspension leveling kit"?

Other than the air dam removal, I don't see any change, not that I expect much if the model is being replaced in a year.

My '19 has two skid plates, and the red tow hooks were already an option.

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
These trucks need that manual back and that 2.7 turbo liter motor, in addition to the rest of the power train line up, they should offer
2.8 Diesel
2.7 Turbo Petrol
3.6 liter V6

10 Speed Auto

6 speed Manual

Thats it.

Then they should offer a Luv option, single cab, short bed.. to counter the Mervarek, it would be cheaper and it can easily be used to build a SWB two door Wrangler fighter, old school for cheap using partsbin.

wishful thinking, I know.. Barra has gone all techy and re-inventy… she is forgetting what a car company is… making cars…

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Looks good. Are the wheels bigger? They look bigger.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Why didn't they put the Duratracs on this trim? The Silverado Trailboss comes with the Duratracs. Odd ommision.

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
What is the "one inch suspension leveling kit"?

Other than the air dam removal, I don't see any change, not that I expect much if the model is being replaced in a year.

My '19 has two skid plates, and the red tow hooks were already an option.
Most likely a 1 inch lift to the front end to take out the "nose dive" look

·
Premium Member
34,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those sales are going up, Why did it take so long to launch the Trail Boss for these? These should add the lockers front and rear and call it a days work, otherwise its a trail rookie

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
The Red one looks good...can't wait to see these Carolina squatting up and down the damn boulevard.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I don't like the line down the middle of the grill bar. Needs to be solid.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts