GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2022 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing Performance Specs Revealed
https://cadillacsociety.com/2021/01/11/2022-cadillac-ct4-v-blackwing-performance-specs-revealed/

January 11, 2021
Jonathan Lopez

Furthermore, the order guide goes on to list a top speed of 189 mph, and a 0-to-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds. Naturally, those figures slot in under those of the upcoming 2022 CT5-V Blackwing, which, as Cadillac Society reported previously, will be capable of breaking 200 mph and will hit 60 mph in 3.7 seconds, all thanks to the CT5-V Blackwing’s supercharged 6.2L V8 (production code LT4). For reference, the CT5-V Blackwing is expected to dole out more than 640 horsepower.

more at link

·
Premium Member
32,717 Posts
That is going to be one quick ATS. Still Cadillac should give these vehicles that Dual Clutch option from C8, and allow them to break the 3.0 sec mark to 60.
The Corvette team held the C7 back by not giving it a dual clutch in the Z06 as well as ZR1. Seems like the goal is to hold these back so that they can claim Celestiq is quicker...

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is going to be one quick ATS. Still Cadillac should give these vehicles that Dual Clutch option from C8, and allow them to break the 3.0 sec mark to 60.
The Corvette team held the C7 back by not giving it a dual clutch in the Z06 as well as ZR1. Seems like the goal is to hold these back so that they can claim Celestiq is quicker...
I'm thinking that unless they give the CT4/5 Blackwing's AWD they'd have no chance of rivaling an electric's 0-60....

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Interestingly, BMW has dumped the dual clutch trans in their M models for traditional automatics.

·
Premium Member
32,717 Posts
Interestingly, BMW has dumped the dual clutch trans in their M models for traditional automatics.
Problem with the German DCT’s is German Engineering. That is why Chevrolet built their own in-house. Reliability cycle and Torque loads was reason given. Tadge said, they looked at all available DCT’s and non could meet Corvettes duty cycle. They said, hold my beer...Germans could never handle torque

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
So the Blackwing is the LF4?!! LULZ. Basically, it's the ATSV at this point just a little bit updated.

I mean, it's nice because I've been checking out ATSV coupes and I wouldn't mind the new version coming out to bring down the costs a little bit.

·
Premium Member
32,717 Posts
So the Blackwing is the LF4?!! LULZ. Basically, it's the ATSV at this point just a little bit updated.

I mean, it's nice because I've been checking out ATSV coupes and I wouldn't mind the new version coming out to bring down the costs a little bit.
Just get the Camaro 1LE

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
This has been common knowledge for a while. The interior on the CT4 is much improved with the digital gauge cluster. The only unknown really is the starting price.

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Sounds great.

I can't help but think "Why do they even bother?" when I read about an upcoming car from Cadillac. Not matter what, they don't sell. I love cars and yeah, I want to see them keep building them. But the practical side of me just sees massive financial losses that are coming when you can manage to sell only a few thousand sedans.

I wish the sales pendulum would swing back to cars and away from utility vehicles. But I don't think I'll live to see that.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Just get the Camaro 1LE
I wish but they're insanely expensive used and trying to find a 1LE SS with manual is a needle in a haystack type of adventure.

This has been common knowledge for a while. The interior on the CT4 is much improved with the digital gauge cluster. The only unknown really is the starting price.
I was being sarcastic. I know the interior is much improved but it's still the ATS with a price drop.

·
Premium Member
32,717 Posts
I wish but they're insanely expensive used and trying to find a 1LE SS with manual is a needle in a haystack type of adventure.

I was being sarcastic. I know the interior is much improved but it's still the ATS with a price drop.
Do an dealerships order on your 1 LE

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I think most of the C8's 0-60 time came from where they put the engine not which transmission. I am delighted they put the DCT in the new C8, but ME fixes traction. I imagine the CT4 is going to have the same problem my GS has, putting the power down.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'd like to see how much space is available to do simple maintenance on these things. My concern is that you are trying to shove a V8 into a space designed for a Turbe 4cyl or V6.

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd like to see how much space is available to do simple maintenance on these things. My concern is that you are trying to shove a V8 into a space designed for a Turbe 4cyl or V6.
I'd assume similar to the ATS-V and CTS-V as the engines are mostly staying the same (though I assume upgraded).

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think most of the C8's 0-60 time came from where they put the engine not which transmission. I am delighted they put the DCT in the new C8, but ME fixes traction. I imagine the CT4 is going to have the same problem my GS has, putting the power down.
Just like any Hellcat vehicle, they have all that impressive HP, but can't get it to the ground as far as 0-60 is concerned.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
What is simple maintenance though? Not much you really need to do under hood except for oil changes, air filter, wiper fluid and possibly clutch fluid. Everything else is good for a decent amount of miles.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts