GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2021 Nissan Rogue earned just two stars in the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration's front passenger-side crash test, a two-star drop in performance in that particular category compared to the model it replaced and an unusually low score for any new car, let alone coming off a fresh redesign. Despite the unimpressive frontal crash test results, NHTSA still gave the Rogue an overall four-star crash test score.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
What's the formula they're using to come up with an overall four-star rating? The front passenger-side crash test results must be weighted pretty low.

·
Registered
12,692 Posts
Usually its because of a missing idiot light or ESP program that all of a sudden is necessary for 4-5 stars

·
Premium Member
33,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the formula they're using to come up with an overall four-star rating? The front passenger-side crash test results must be weighted pretty low.
Then you look at the score with National insurance safety, and you wonder why it’s high and this is low

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,685 Posts

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
If the Rogue got this result, I wonder if the Frontier and Pathfinder will have similar results?
I have no idea, but there would be no reason to think that; other than being Nissan and New Vehicles, what do they share between each other?

The new Rogue is pretty nice, but new car "deals" are not what they use to be........

We got our loaded 2017 Rogue SV for $250/month, "sign-and-drive" however with the 2021, the best I'm able to get is $299/month with ~$2,500 DoD, the 2021 has a few more options, but that is more than $4,000 more over 3 years.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The new Rogue is pretty nice, but new car "deals" are not what they use to be........

We got our loaded 2017 Rogue SV for $250/month, "sign-and-drive" however with the 2021, the best I'm able to get is $299/month with ~$2,500 DoD, the 2021 has a few more options, but that is more than $4,000 more over 3 years.
Certainly not a good time to buy/lease unless you have to. I'm glad I'm not in the market. Occasionally it's good to have too many cars!

Reactions: richmond2000

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Certainly not a good time to buy/lease unless you have to. I'm glad I'm not in the market. Occasionally it's good to have too many cars!
My "target" is always $300 - on the 2017 Rogue it was a major win, especially sign-and-drive, so only 35 payments, for 36 months, net-net, ~$243/month. I just made another payment, extending my lease by a month, $250.01 and they buy-out price went down $248.69, basically 0% lease/loan, one of the reasons the lease was so cheap, the other was the amount I got the dealer to kick-in.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Different platforms, we will see how it plays out.

Why, the lease rates too low or high?
Inventory is tight so incentives are low and dealers are not desperate to deal. Subvented leases are also rare.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts