GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Somebody at the Oakville Assembly Plant in Canada posted a photo of the fully redesigned Lincoln Nautilus interior on Facebook (whoops!). Edge is also getting an updated interior with a larger tablet-style console according to people at the plant. This update should have come with the 2019 refresh, but better late than never. A new Nautilus is scheduled for the 2024MY.

Sync 4 is the big question for me, but I'd doubt they'd gut the electrics in an aging platform ahead of an all-new design.

·
Premium Member
11,297 Posts
Looks nice.
Sync4 is probably a different wiring harness but in the scheme of things, probably just a variant of new Escape harness?

·
Registered
13,164 Posts
Lincoln has very nice cuv s. A very nice lineup.

I hear their interiors are awesome too.

Too bad so many of us car enthusiasts cant get our better halfs to consider Cadillacs or Lincoln vehicles any longer. Not bragging...not bashing ...just stating facts... a lot of consumers dont want the baggage of their false perceptions of these brands...

Some in fact many consumers really live by their false perceptions and you cant change their minds...

Lincoln has a nice lineup.

·
Registered
18,178 Posts

Too bad so many of us car enthusiasts cant get our better halfs to consider Cadillacs or Lincoln vehicles any longer. Not bragging...not bashing ...just stating facts... a lot of consumers dont want the baggage of their false perceptions of these brands...

Some in fact many consumers really live by their false perceptions and you cant change their minds...

That's where both Cadillac and Lincoln can't give up. It took them a long time to build the "old people's car" image, that image isn't going to disappear overnight. Both need to keep building desirable vehicles that will attract young people and garner good reviews. Eventually younger people will take notice and consider them.

·
Registered
18,293 Posts
That's where both Cadillac and Lincoln can't give up. It took them a long time to build the "old people's car" image, that image isn't going to disappear overnight. Both need to keep building desirable vehicles that will attract young people and garner good reviews. Eventually younger people will take notice and consider them.
I live on the "rich" side of town and I'm seeing a ton of new XT6s and Aviators now. Saw two new XT6s just last week and an Aviator in the crystal copper color yesterday. All were being driven by women in their 30s or so.

·
Registered
18,178 Posts
I live on the "rich" side of town and I'm seeing a ton of new XT6s and Aviators now. Saw two new XT6s just last week and an Aviator in the crystal copper color yesterday. All were being driven by women in their 30s or so.
I live in a wealthy area as well. I see a lot of Cadillac's, including the soccer-mom driven XT6's. I see a couple of the Aviators, but not many. Puzzlingly for such a wealthy area all of the Lincoln dealers are over an hour away. Off the top of my head I can think of two Mercedes dealers, one 10 minutes away and the other maybe 25 minutes. I'm assuming Lincoln needs to prove itself before a dealer will put forth the money to open up a franchise.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It's much more extensive than that, it's the entire electronics architecture. The Corsair/Escape/Bronco Sport do NOT get Sync 4 because it requires a major chassis overhaul. It could come with an MCA...hopefully. I really just want to see Wireless Apple Car Play added to Sync 3 if they are keeping both systems around. I would be annoyed if Nautilus gets a new interior without Wireless CarPlay.

Nautilus is also getting a minor facelift in the lower fascia, I posted that awhile ago now. It was spotted in China where they are going to start local production. Not sure if it's Chinese exclusive or not, but the interior may have had something to do with Chinese production. I don't really like the facelift, too smoothed out.

Bummer that the Nautilus loses the remote glove-box release. Now you have to pull a latch like an animal!

·
Premium Member
11,297 Posts
It's much more extensive than that, it's the entire electronics architecture. The Corsair/Escape/Bronco Sport do NOT get Sync 4 because it requires a major chassis overhaul. It could come with an MCA...hopefully. I really just want to see Wireless Apple Car Play added to Sync 3 if they are keeping both systems around. I would be annoyed if Nautilus gets a new interior without Wireless CarPlay.

Nautilus is also getting a minor facelift in the lower fascia, I posted that awhile ago now. It was spotted in China where they are going to start local production. Not sure if it's Chinese exclusive or not, but the interior may have had something to do with Chinese production. I don't really like the facelift, too smoothed out.

Bummer that the Nautilus loses the remote glove-box release. Now you have to pull a latch like an animal!
Next gen Edge/Nautilus are here late in CY2022, just over two years away.

·
Premium Member
34,378 Posts

My Better half would not mind a Cadillac, she however will not be caught dead in a Lincoln, Buick or Jaguar.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Looks pretty darn good for its class/segment.......

Reactions: Extreme4x4

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Looks pretty darn good for its class/segment.......
It does...hopefully it forces Cadillac's hand to start trickling in the Escalades setup to the lower CUVs.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Next gen Edge/Nautilus are here late in CY2022, just over two years away.
It's most likely late 2023 according to my info. They were 2023MY, now 2024MY. But of course, there is that whole threat about dropping these vehicles in favor of two BEVs which were supposed to be released in parallel. I hope hot, but I also understand why they would. I want to see HEV/PHEVs however.

I don't think I can predict Ford's behavior on these cars anymore, they've never really done an MCA of an interior following the first MCA. Lincoln is more flexible it seems. I'm just glad they did this if the product is going to have a slightly longer lifespan than planned. It certainly keeps me in the market for the Nautilus, I couldn't imagine buying another without a significant update to the interior, and there we are!

·
Premium Member
34,378 Posts
It's most likely late 2023 according to my info. They were 2023MY, now 2024MY. But of course, there is that whole threat about dropping these vehicles in favor of two BEVs which were supposed to be released in parallel. I hope hot, but I also understand why they would. I want to see HEV/PHEVs however.

I don't think I can predict Ford's behavior on these cars anymore, they've never really done an MCA of an interior following the first MCA. Lincoln is more flexible it seems.
Would it move to the Exploder RWD platform?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
No, it's the FWD architecture. I assume that's C2, or a version of it. CD4 which underpins the current vehicle actually shares quite a bit with CD6, specifically the suspension design. It's quite possible that will continue on C2 which currently doesn't resemble the CD6/CD4 at all. So we could see an amalgamation of C2 and CD6.

I have to assume the new Mondeo Crossover will be the basis for this vehicle's platform, an upgraded C2.

·
Premium Member
34,378 Posts
No, it's the FWD architecture. I assume that's C2, or a version of it. CD4 which underpins the current vehicle actually shares quite a bit with CD6, specifically the suspension design. It's quite possible that will continue on C2 which currently doesn't resemble the CD6/CD4 at all. So we could see an amalgamation of C2 and CD6.

I have to assume the new Mondeo Crossover will be the basis for this vehicle's platform, an upgraded C2.
Sounds like Ford might still come around to using the jointly developed 9Speed after all in high volume.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Sounds like Ford might still come around to using the jointly developed 9Speed after all in high volume.
Not sure I understand, Ford developed their own 8-Speed transmissions (Two versions, one for C-Segment and another for Edge/Nauti). They rejected the 9-Speed design.

·
Premium Member
34,378 Posts
Not sure I understand, Ford developed their own 8-Speed transmissions (Two versions, one for C-Segment and another for Edge/Nauti). They rejected the 9-Speed design from GM.
So they paid for the GM transmission and then went and made their own.

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Not sure how that unfolded tbh. I've heard that Ford decided the 9-Speed configuration wasn't beneficial.
The 9 speed FWD trans? That thing is trash, kudos to Ford for skipping on it. I'm on #2 already with only 11k on the odo

·
Premium Member
34,378 Posts
So they paid for the GM transmission and then went and made their own.
Not sure how that unfolded tbh. I've heard that Ford decided the 9-Speed configuration wasn't beneficial.
Interesting. I have always wondered why GM keeps making other non 10 speeds also, their 8 speed, six speed and the recent Allison heavy duty 10 speed. Plus both companies offer fwd CVT.

There has to be some good leway for program engineers on where to spend the cash.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts