GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a big year for Jeep SUVs, and we mean that quite literally. Not only is it launching a full-size SUV in the form of the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer, the Grand Cherokee midsize SUV is being completely redesigned and expanded, both in model offerings and physical size. That comes courtesy of the 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, a lengthened version of the upcoming SUV that comes with a third row of seats, a first for the model.

This new Grand Cherokee L, and the two-row version that will follow later this year, are built on a completely new platform not used by any current product, nor the upcoming Wagoneer's full-size, truck-based platform. As with every Grand Cherokee before it, it has a unibody chassis. About 60% of it is composed of high-strength steel, and aluminum is used for the hood, hatch, shock towers and front subframe, all of which is to help keep weight down.
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/01/07/2021-jeep-grand-cherokee-l-three-row-reveal/#slide-2287772

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Looks awesome. Definitely has some Wagoneer influence to it. The interior looks super nice. McIntosh stereo + UConnect should be fantastic. I was worried they were going to screw it up, but it looks great to me!! They should continue to sell a ton of these.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Looks great! The GC is a classic American design, they didn't screw it up. I like the screen integration.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
What’s the cargo area behind the 3rd row? With 3 kids and a dog that’s literally all we care about. Does it have enough room for our stuff on a trip?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why? The last thing the world needs is another 8 passenger SUV. 90% of people who buy a 8 passenger 8 SUV do not need a 8 passenger SUV. I know single people who own these, why?

·
Premium Member
32,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why? The last thing the world needs is another 8 passenger SUV. 90% of people who buy a 8 passenger 8 SUV do not need a 8 passenger SUV. I know single people who own these, why?
It’s their money, let them spend it as they wish. I know a single dude that drives a nine passenger early 2000’s Suburban...

·
Registered
2,623 Posts

How did you determine that 90% of the people that buy 8-passenger SUV models do not need them?

Do you only buy things in life that you need? Have you ever purchased something that you want?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,440 Posts
How did you determine that 90% of the people that buy 8-passenger SUV models do not need them?

Do you only buy things in life that you need? Have you ever purchased something that you want?
He's being his typical antagonist.(if one pays attention to post content)

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,440 Posts
The pictures posted show a very nice looking vehicle - inside and out. I’m glad they didn’t go with the current fad of blacking out most of the trim on the exterior, so the vehicles look like test-mules or a cheap, low-end model.
I'm really not a fan of that chrome trim across the roof line, but it does do one thing, it has consistency with the Compass now.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
That damn interior is amazing.

Other key features a Quadra-Lift adaptive air suspension system that in standard mode, provides 8.3-inches of ground clearance. When the Off-Road 1 setting is enabled, the right height increases by 1.6 inches and then jumps by 2.4-inches with the Off-Road 2 setting. There’s also an Aero mode that drops the right height by 0.8 inches when compared to the normal setting.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
It's how the Exterior of the Grand Wagoneer should've looked if you ask me.
Agreed.

What’s the cargo area behind the 3rd row? With 3 kids and a dog that’s literally all we care about. Does it have enough room for our stuff on a trip?
It'll probably be around 10-15cuFT or so. Need more than that? That's what the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer is for.

Why? The last thing the world needs is another 8 passenger SUV. 90% of people who buy a 8 passenger 8 SUV do not need a 8 passenger SUV.
:doh:

It would seem to me that this would compete well with the Aviator and high end Explorers
I believe Jeep is like Denali where the buyers net worth is much higher than what it seems.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It’s ok. A little too much compass in the design but interior seems nice. GW’s final design is what I’m waiting for.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Boring appearance, unattractive FWD proportions, outdated interior. Genesis did a much better job:

·
Premium Member
32,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boring appearance, unattractive FWD proportions, outdated interior. Genesis did a much better job:

I don’t know about Russian car market, but here in Murica, these will not even be cross shopped..

Very few people looking at a Jeep would go like, yeah.. Lexus or Genesis has a similar product for cheap...

Land Rover, GMC, Lincoln, Ford, high end Tahoe’s, perhaps, Genesis, unlikely

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
It’s ok. A little too much compass in the design but interior seems nice. GW’s final design is what I’m waiting for.
Personally, I'm looking for the Wagoneer (not Grand) L

·
Registered
226 Posts
Interior is great, but I am disappointed in the exterior. Current version looks muscular, strong. This version doesn't have that look; this new version (to me) looks like many others on the market, boring, bland. Just my opinion. Each to his own.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts