GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 1972 Chevy Nova
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ordering guides for MY 2021 Cadillac CT4 and CT5 are now available on the GM Fleet site:

Highlights include SuperCruise (optional on Premium Luxury and V CT4 and CT5 models); the addition of AEB/FCA and Safety Alert seat to the base model CT4; wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto on all CT4 and CT5 models; MRC and mechanical limited slip differential optional on CT5 Sport 2.0T; and Diamond Sky Special Edition Package for both CT4 and CT5 Premium Luxury.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,163 Posts
Also " 12" diagonal color reconfigurable driver cluster (not available on Luxury) " as options for both CT4/CT5. Sounds like a full digital display that people want. I'm fine with clear simple analog gauges.

I for one appreciate adding the safety tech to the base CT4, it comes on the 2020 base CT5 already so it makes sense to add it to the CT4.

Of course if I had the $$ I'd be all over a SuperCruise CT4-V...

·
Registered
128 Posts
The gray leather interior option is new to me; no more Royal Spice exterior. Glad the Buckle to Drive option can be turned off for those of us who buckle second, not first. I agree with DannyG about the extra safety gear standard on the base model next year.

·
Registered
16,941 Posts
I wonder what color rift metallic is. I assume infrared is a new red color. Hopefully it is unique to Cadillac, I don't like knowing that the same paint is available on Chevy's at a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great find, thanks gkr!

Also see that red obsession exterior color is gone from the CT5. When I was ordering my CT5-V in May they told me no more red obsession, guess it’s gone for good.

I’m glad they are now offering MRC on the Sport so it’s more than just an appearance package

·
Registered
16,941 Posts
Great find, thanks gkr!

Also see that red obsession exterior color is gone from the CT5. When I was ordering my CT5-V in May they told me no more red obsession, guess it’s gone for good.

I’m glad they are now offering MRC on the Sport so it’s more than just an appearance package
Yes - I think an excellent idea. We had a few threads where the non-V CT5 sport was beaten up and I had said Cadillac made a mistake by having a "sport" model that has no actual sport in it. Bad enough in the CUV's, but any CT5 with "sport" in its name needs to be more than just an appearance package.

That diamond sky package sounds interesting.

·
Premium Member
33,269 Posts
Yes - I think an excellent idea. We had a few threads where the non-V CT5 sport was beaten up and I had said Cadillac made a mistake by having a "sport" model that has no actual sport in it. Bad enough in the CUV's, but any CT5 with "sport" in its name needs to be more than just an appearance package.

That diamond sky package sounds interesting.
Also, the Sport should have more power. Its just disappointing that the Old Vsport would run circles around the new V's

·
Registered
17 Posts
Those are a lot of good changes + updates for a 2nd model year after the first year was mostly cut in half.

We can only guess what color Rift + Diamond Sky are like. One might be a silver, which is missing.
I figured they would drop a red, but not add another red. I like the idea of a Cadillac only color, but the other
divisions still might have the new colors, just with a different name, as they do now with some colors.

I thought the Sport would get the 2.7 as an option. They might be holding that back for awhile, since a Sport with the 2.7 gets close to the V.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
That alone will probably change a lot of car reviewers’ opinion of the Sport trim. Really nice upgrade. I do wish adaptive dampers were available on the Premium Luxury even if it is just the system in the XT4.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Those are a lot of good changes + updates for a 2nd model year after the first year was mostly cut in half.

We can only guess what color Rift + Diamond Sky are like. One might be a silver, which is missing.
I figured they would drop a red, but not add another red. I like the idea of a Cadillac only color, but the other
divisions still might have the new colors, just with a different name, as they do now with some colors.

I thought the Sport would get the 2.7 as an option. They might be holding that back for awhile, since a Sport with the 2.7 gets close to the V.
Basically, the V is the Sport with the 2.7T, if you think about it.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
Glad to see they're both getting a 12 in display in the gauge cluster. Still think they need to offer up a spicier tune for the 2.0T on the sport models or something. 6.8 to 60 puts it about in line with my Buick....no kidding.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It’s not listed as new but you now get carbon fiber trim on the CT4-V.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Also, the Sport should have more power. Its just disappointing that the Old Vsport would run circles around the new V's
Yes, but for 20k more it should!

The sport not having the engine upgrade as an option is a shame. The V having only 360hp put them in a bind. If they offer sport with 335hp they probably figure that would cannibalize the V.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
So, didn’t notice this earlier but CT5 and CT4 get a materials upgrade from leather appointed seating to leather seating surfaces. The rotary dial for infotainment now has a jog feature. The perforations on the Diamond Sky Package have a unique pattern exclusive to the package.

Also, the CT5 and CT4 now have upgraded leather steering wheel with leather horn cover (platinum and v series on CT5 and V Series on CT4).
Looks like they really upgraded the materials to make the models more luxurious for 2021. Excited to see the Diamond Sky Metallic paint and interior.

These are significant changes that might otherwise wait for a mid-cycle refresh to attain, so that’s awesome.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,163 Posts
The ordering guides for MY 2021 Cadillac CT4 and CT5 are now available on the GM Fleet site:

Highlights include SuperCruise (optional on Premium Luxury and V CT4 and CT5 models); the addition of AEB/FCA and Safety Alert seat to the base model CT4; wireless Apple Carplay & Android Auto on all CT4 and CT5 models; MRC and mechanical limited slip differential optional on CT5 Sport 2.0T; and Diamond Sky Special Edition Package for both CT4 and CT5 Premium Luxury.
I was digging through the PDF this morning, they also added Front Pedestrian Braking to the base CT4--plus the AEB/FCA and Safety Seat as you point out--so the base CT4 has the same safety tech as the base CT5. IMO this makes the base CT4 pretty compelling, of the 2.0T CT4/CT5 cars.

Per their website, the CT5 Sport that C&D tested weighed 3724lb and got 6.6sec 0-60. A base RWD CT4 weighs 3422lb...that's a good 300lb lighter. That should make a noticeable difference in quickness and handling, maybe a half a second 0-60? That would give you 6.1sec 0-60 for a base CT4. That combined with 34MPG highway sounds good to me.

For the record, of course if I had the $$ I'd go for a 2021 SuperCruise CT4-V! But I don't.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
I wonder what color rift metallic is. I assume infrared is a new red color. Hopefully it is unique to Cadillac, I don't like knowing that the same paint is available on Chevy's at a fraction of the price.
Or worse, as we often see, it's a N/C color for Chevy, but a $495 option on a Cadillac (and $395 on a GMC) you know, because, luxury/premium......... :doh:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Great find, thanks gkr!

I don't like he red obsession either. It looks like old lady lipstick

Reactions: Cobaltss_King

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Pictures of 2021 CT4 and CT5.

Images of CT4 with Diamond Sky Special Edition (interior), and images of CT5 with Diamond Sky special Edition (exterior). Not pictured is the unique Diamond Sky Cadillac key fob,

Image of CT5 in Sahara beige with super cruise steering wheel. And an image of 12” diagonal digital instrument display.

https://media.cadillac.com/media/us.../Pages/news/us/en/2020/sep/0910-cadillac.html

Reactions: gkr778 and Tethys

·
Registered
128 Posts
I recognize all of the other gauge symbologies but what does the symbol with the 195ºF mean - turbo temp?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I recognize all of the other gauge symbologies but what does the symbol with the 195ºF mean - turbo temp?
I would say it is the coolant temperature.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts