3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2021 Cadillac Escalade vs Mercedes-Benz GLS // $100,000 SUV Kings Face Off
Throttlehouse

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mercedes GLS is obviously inferior vehicle to Mercedes S class (it seems every time they find something good they compare it to S class and then it fails). Don't see why they are comparing it to S class...
S class is Mercedes flagship...and a sedan (different at driving).

It seems if buyer wants to get better GLS they should go for optional suspension and executive package (or maybe go for Maybach version). I think Maybach would be a different experience (how much it cost it should be)

Too bad Cadillac doesn't use 4.2 blackwing anymore.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems i put this in wrong thread...could moderator change it. Nothing Asian about those vehicles :D

·
Registered
43,795 Posts
Mercedes GLS is obviously inferior vehicle to Mercedes S class (it seems every time they find something good they compare it to S class and then it fails). Don't see why they are comparing it to S class...
S class is Mercedes flagship...and a sedan (different at driving).

It seems if buyer wants to get better GLS they should go for optional suspension and executive package (or maybe go for Maybach version). I think Maybach would be a different experience (how much it cost it should be)

Too bad Cadillac doesn't use 4.2 blackwing anymore.
Huh.... I don't understand why they keep referencing the S-Class either.
I mean, all they really have in common is "S" in the name. But, I get why they do it. It's because Mercedes positions their lineup that way to clean up the way their lineup nomenclature.

So.... The Escalade with the fancy suspension isn't refined enough. The Mercedes with the basic suspension isn't refined enough and is a bit confusing. But with there's still an eActive suspension option or the air suspension that will fix that issue.
Mercedes has more power. Mercedes "drives smaller" (because it actually is smaller...). hmmm

"Russian Doll Syndrome?" Sheesh. The familial look of C/E/S is built into Mercedes history, since the days of Sacco.

And those Cadillac middle and rear seats are stupid. But that's the way they're designed for Chevy. And as I've always said, Cadillac needs to may more attention to the rear seating areas.

Escalade is definitely a major improvement. But it still looks like it needs additional refinement. And that's not a bad thing. Cadillac just needs to keep pressing.

·
Registered
16,930 Posts
They seemed to pick apart both of them. I get their point with the GLS - you are paying S-Class prices but not quite getting S-Class levels of luxury.

·
Premium Member
33,237 Posts
They seemed to pick apart both of them. I get their point with the GLS - you are paying S-Class prices but not quite getting S-Class levels of luxury.
It’s like these kids with high standards and they never built anything themselves

100K plus vehicles, what is there to complain about.. just go to town and show off. Give that girl a ride

·
Registered
16,930 Posts
It’s like these kids with high standards and they never built anything themselves

100K plus vehicles, what is there to complain about.. just go to town and show off. Give that girl a ride
I'm not familiar with them and their reviewing style to be able to read between the lines. No car is perfect - both are sweet rides! Most of their complaints seemed like nitpicking, though the Escalade's speaker shouldn't be vibrating - no better way to ruin a good stereo system than with unwanted vibrations.

·
Premium Member
33,237 Posts
I'm not familiar with them and their reviewing style to be able to read between the lines. No car is perfect - both are sweet rides! Most of their complaints seemed like nitpicking, though the Escalade's speaker shouldn't be vibrating - no better way to ruin a good stereo system than with unwanted vibrations.
These are press cars, who knows what has been done to them, though Cadillac would be wise to inspect the vehicles throughly before giving them to the next nitpicker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts