GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,724 Posts
At 1:34 he goes into the black trim, it's a Sport version that's why, and for me its like "to each their own" but I'm not really liking the blackout treatment especially on this color. This is a top dog Luxury vehicle and that just doesn't exude Luxury to me where brighter trim would IMO. But you do have to give it to Cadillac for offering various trims something for everyone approach.

·
Premium Member
33,338 Posts
At 1:34 he goes into the black trim, it's a Sport version that's why, and for me its like "to each their own" but I'm not really liking the blackout treatment especially on this color. This is a top dog Luxury vehicle and that just doesn't exude Luxury to me where brighter trim would IMO. But you do have to give it to Cadillac for offering various trims something for everyone approach.
My guess is that the Escalade straddles this line between sophistication exclusivity with ghetto appeal that its difficult for normal people to see the beauty there, for we are rarely rising from the Ghetto to the other nicer side of town...

Somehow Cadillac has been able to keep the Escalade on that edge pretty successfully..

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
Vehicles with the black-out trim, black wheels, etc., look like cheap, low-end models or a manufacturers test-mule.
True. I notice that when browsing the lots on Sundays It's that way with what I drive and the bottom S and then the SV model and on up. Edit: Somebody needs to one off a Sport with a psychedelic paint job like the test mules and give everyone something to see.;)

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
Totally agree! Broaden the appeal with choices!

I like the black trim on the CT4/CT5, but for me, on the Escalade I prefer the luxury versions with chrome. Though I'd like to see this red sport Escalade in real life. I don't think the Escalade photographs well, the presence it has from its huge size doesn't show in pictures - that might change my opinion of the black/red.

Edit, now that I think of it, Cadillac NEEDS to have that broad appeal, that is part of what went wrong back in the 1980's. They ceased to have multi-generational or multi-cultural appeal with only one age group associated to them. As they aged, Cadillac became an old mans car. Having appeal to different ages and backgrounds keeps the brand fresh.

·
Registered
11,724 Posts
My guess is that the Escalade straddles this line between sophistication exclusivity with ghetto appeal that its difficult for normal people to see the beauty there, for we are rarely rising from the Ghetto to the other nicer side of town...

Somehow Cadillac has been able to keep the Escalade on that edge pretty successfully..
So true. even for as much as I want to cringe when looking at those wheels and old buckboard like riding tires. ;)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'll have to watch the entire video later. I'm not loving the red with black trim and wheels - doesn't look "luxury" to me.
I have to agree with you that red and black is pretty jarring and boy racerish

·
Registered
16,972 Posts
So true. even for as much as I want to cringe when looking at those wheels and old buckboard like riding tires. ;)
Is it possible to get a flat tire with these? Looks more like a coating of rubber on the rim vs an actual tire. I assume an expansion strip will send this to the shop with a bent rim.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I'd prefer they saved the "sport" trim for something that actually has a sport upgrade package ala VSport.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Agree it does look like it should be a Chevy Tahoe RS.

When these first debuted I was turned off, as I liked the previous ones better. I liked the previous shorter wheelbase as well. But it's still got the general proportions right and they do have better room now.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I'm so bored of black. I like a little excitement in my vehicle styling that black doesn't provide.

Reactions: mgescuro
1 - 18 of 18 Posts