GM Inside News Forum banner
121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Don’t know to many people that make 50k that could buy a electric car. I think capping it to a max price, say 50k would be better. It would force manufactures to use scale of manufacturing and get them to be affordable. Plus I don’t think that most people or families that make 50k are paying much if any taxes. Hard to get a tax credit if you don’t pay taxes.
It's actually "limited" right now to "rich" people..................

You have to pay $7,500 to get $7,500 back.
It's best to lease if you make under $60k as the $7500(or part of it) goes directly toward your lease payments.

·
Registered
632 Posts
You're about 20 years off to the right with that prediction, I'll bet by 2030 we'll be at least 65-70% new car sales as EVs
So in 9 years we'll go from 4% to 65-70%? You are joking right?

But if by "car sales" you exclude CUVs, SUVs and trucks then you might be close because cars will represent about 20% of all light vehicle sales.

By 2030 EVs might hit 25% of total light vehicle sales if everything goes perfectly.

·
Premium Member
34,339 Posts
You know, have been waiting to see the production interior of the Ineos Grenadier without avail for months. I wonder if it will ever make production.

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,266 Posts
The NY program limits the EV rebate to $500 for vehicles with MSRP over $60K (max $2000 for cheaper vehicles). The federal program should do something similar, even if I'd like to see that limit go to $50K, then $40K, as EV production increases.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
So in 9 years we'll go from 4% to 65-70%? You are joking right?

But if by "car sales" you exclude CUVs, SUVs and trucks then you might be close because cars will represent about 20% of all light vehicle sales.

By 2030 EVs might hit 25% of total light vehicle sales if everything goes perfectly.
YES!!!!!!! We will go from 4% to 65-70...wanna know why? Because automakers are moving away from ICE production...GM is introducing 30 EVs by 2025...30 by 2025!!!! Wanna know how many new ICE models they're introducing during that period? None. That's just GM...you say around 2050 we'll barely be over 50%, who will still be building these ICE models in 2040...let alone 2050 to the point where they're still ~50% of the market.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,596 Posts
YES!!!!!!! We will go from 4% to 65-70...wanna know why? Because automakers are moving away from ICE production...GM is introducing 30 EVs by 2025...30 by 2025!!!! Wanna know how many new ICE models they're introducing during that period? None. That's just GM...you say around 2050 we'll barely be over 50%, who will still be building these ICE models in 2040...let alone 2050 to the point where they're still ~50% of the market.
That may well be the direction and plan...until the next major hiccup(whatever it may be) comes along and upsets/resets the "world's" agenda or the apple cart as it were. :)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
That may well be the direction and plan...until the next major hiccup(whatever it may be) comes along and upsets/resets the "world's" agenda or the apple cart as it were. :)
It's happening regardless of what is going on in the world....it's a done deal. This EV thing Its just the next evolutionary step in the automobile. Things change, that's just the way it is. I believe the move to EVs has more to do with per unit profit potential more than saving the world, which TBH IMO, is too far gone to be saved, think of that movie Interstellar for how bad it'll get - you're 1958carnut, sorry to say, you won't see the any of it... hell I'm 1981carnut and I won't see the worst of it, but my grandkids...yeah it'll suck for them.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

ineos review.. no interior shots.. totally useless
That's because in novelty models like these interiors are optional it makes you look more authentically rugged to buy a ev off-road vehicle without one. Until you realize you need one.

OT question: Looking at the people driving that thing; how many of you men and few women that post here drive around by yourself with a mask on in your car (yes, I do see there are 2 people in the ev thing)?

·
Premium Member
34,339 Posts
That's because in novelty models like these interiors are optional it makes you look more authentically rugged to buy a ev off-road vehicle without one. Until you realize you need one.

OT question: Looking at the people driving that thing; how many of you men and few women that post here drive around by yourself with a mask on in your car (yes, I do see there are 2 people in the ev thing)?
In my own car, in a mask or musk? If I had that many bean borritos, I would roll down the windows instead… but I avoid bean burritos… generally

·
Premium Member
34,339 Posts

You got to give it to em English.. very practical interior for this era, other that those 1980’s air vents.. Dyson could learn something from these pub people…

121 - 133 of 133 Posts