GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Tuning and modding in general, are being phased out by not only car manufactures but by this current government. For the last few months i have seen multiple videos uploaded by custom car builders and people who like to make things better on youtube pleading with people to call local politicians "as if that will make any difference".Not sure what laws are being passed or trying to be passed but it looks like yet another dagger to the car modding world is taking place right now.

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
Tuning and modding in general, are being phased out by not only car manufactures but by this current government.
Unless you've got a Ford or a Dodge, there are no issues tuning them. GM seems to be the only manufacturer encrypting everything so it's basically un-tuneable. They say it's so aftermarket tuners don't mess with safety equipment, but we all know it's for emissions reasons.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Unless you've got a Ford or a Dodge, there are no issues tuning them. GM seems to be the only manufacturer encrypting everything so it's basically un-tuneable. They say it's so aftermarket tuners don't mess with safety equipment, but we all know it's for emissions reasons.
I'm more or less talking about laws that are in the works, not what manufactures right now today are able to be modded. Here is a quote i clipped off a search.

"THE EPA IS BANNING RACECARS. ... Street vehiclescars, trucks, and motorcycles—can't be converted into racecars according to the EPA. The EPA has announced that enforcement against high performance parts—including superchargers, tuners, and exhaust systems—is a top priority. "

You do know this will expand into nearly all facets of customizing and my guess is them wanting to make it illegal to do anything to a vehicle.

Here is a link to sema trying to stop this but my guess is most people here have no idea this is even in the works!

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Doesn't Ford offer factory/warranty backed tuners? Could have sworn I saw them for Mustangs, amongst others.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
right to repair AND GM along with John DEERE and APPLE are leading to charge to PREVENT NON DEALER REPAIRS
look up OnStar swaps into G8's to add in bluetooth - a feature the car was advertised to have and did NOT - swap in an OnStar module from a different vehicle and tell OnStar you swapped it OR even that it is installed and try to activate it GM blacklists your car AND account even if you PAY for OnStar - this was 10 years ago WAY BEFORE the last few POTOS's were sworn in

·
Registered
7,350 Posts
I just bought and installed the LT Pulsar for my truck, what a huge difference! No more turning the stupid auto start/stop off every time, no more cylinder deactivation (which wasn't exactly unnoticeable), and a way more responsive gas pedal. I highly recommend it for anyone with a new Silverado.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought my Diablosport from 4wheelonline. With this device, I can change various settings on my truck such as the throttle boost and shift points. My next plan is to add a custom tune.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts