·
Registered
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Corvette Final Model Year Stats
https://www.corvettemuseum.org/2020-corvette-final-model-year-stats/

November 23, 2020
By Corvette Museum

https://www.corvettemuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/2020MY_Corvette_FINALYearEnd11172020.pdf

Though production of the 2020 Corvette is expected to continue through early December, with order changes no longer being allowed the team at GM was able to go ahead and release the final stats.

Coupe was the most popular of the two models available with 82.4% of the 20,368 total 2020s produced. As for color line up, Torch Red was the most popular for 2020 with 25% of the cars in that hue. The complete final color line up is as follows:

Torch Red (25%)
Arctic White (15%)
Black (11.7%)
Sebring Orange (6.8%)
Elkhart Lake Blue (6.7%)
Rapid Blue (6%)
Ceramic Matrix Gray (5.97%)
Blade Silver (5.55%)
Shadow Gray (5.45%)
Long Beach Red (5.25%)
Accelerate Yellow (3.38%)
Zeus Bronze (2.69%)

More at link

·
Registered
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Enjoy fellow data junkies!

GM must be doing well with the Vette, not many 1LT's sold - everyone is opting for higher, more profitable trims! Unless GM prioritized the higher trim levels due to 2020 production being halved.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,441 Posts
The one I seem to like a lot was at the bottom, oh well. Zeus Bronze. It only makes sense though that Torch Red would be at the top.

·
Registered
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one I seem to like a lot was at the bottom, oh well. Zeus Bronze. It only makes sense though that Torch Red would be at the top.
You'd love my wife's Jeep Grand Cherokee, she got the 70th anniversary package (2011) that had a couple of paint colors only for the 70th anniversary edition. Most people got the silver, she opted for the very rare bronze - looks really nice!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I’m surprised there was so many black versions. The Red, orange, blue and yellow really does the C8 justice.

·
Registered
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m surprised there was so many black versions. The Red, orange, blue and yellow really does the C8 justice.
Probably a lot of people like me, I like other colors, but when the salesman asks me "what color" only "black" comes out of my mouth. :D

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
The only thing I find surprising about black is that there were more whites sold.

Black is a classic color for sports cars, esp. the 'Vette. I would have expected it to be #2. Sure, it's notoriously hard to maintain with all of the spider webbing issues etc. as the car ages but, when it's new, black is uniquely beautiful and classy, IMO.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
The only thing I find surprising about black is that there were more whites sold.

Black is a classic color for sports cars, esp. the 'Vette. I would have expected it to be #2. Sure, it's notoriously hard to maintain with all of the spider webbing issues etc. as the car ages but, when it's new, black is uniquely beautiful and classy, IMO.
I always thought black looked boring on a sports car.

Black looks good on large, formal and expensive vehicles. Nothing else.

I also think the trend for the “stealth” or black-out packages on vehicles makes them look cheap and low-end.

No flaming - just my opinion.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,441 Posts

I also think the trend for the “stealth” or black-out packages on vehicles makes them look cheap and low-end.

Black also looks good on the Gov't vehicles ;) like the Presidential motorcade. Edit: I was thinking the same thing about the current wheel trend. Saw one that way today from a ways off and then a car with no hubcaps too, couldn't tell much difference between the nice one with the blacked out expensive wheels and the beater with no hubcaps lol :D

·
Registered
4,832 Posts

Different opinions are good. Otherwise all cars would be the same color :)

·
Registered
16,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
943 went to "museum delivery" (toward the bottom of the pdf, in with the sales volume data). Seems like a lot to go into museums. Anyone know exactly what types of sales the 943 encompass? Is it as simple as they all went to exactly what it sounds like?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
943 went to "museum delivery" (toward the bottom of the pdf, in with the sales volume data). Seems like a lot to go into museums. Anyone know exactly what types of sales the 943 encompass? Is it as simple as they all went to exactly what it sounds like?

The extra-cost museum delivery option enables the purchaser to order the vehicle from any dealer, but take delivery at the Corvette Museum. It includes a tour of the plant, a special plaque and certificate, a tour of the museum and several other perks - including display of the vehicle inside the museum in a special delivery area, where pictures can be taken. (The tours may be modified or not included during the pandemic). I believe the museum receives a portion of the option-cost.

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
Loving mine. Good to hear GM didnt raise the msrp for all those who got shifted to 2021 model year.

I think a few options like z51 got a 20% hike..i think the fe4 got a 5 or 10 percent lift. E60 went up 500? But overall the msrp on the vehicle is the same.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Similar to 1981 numbers: Top three colors

White 15.7%
Black 11.6%
Red 10.6%

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
I thought about ordering a Silver Convertible with the Red interior, but life/2020 got in the way.....:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts