·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Chevrolet Corvette sold out, GM executive says
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2020-chevrolet-corvette-sold-out

December 12, 2019
By Gary Gastelu

It looks like Chevrolet’s bet on turning the Corvette into a mid-engine sports car is going to pay off.

General Motors North America President Barry Engle told Motor Trend this week that the radically redesigned Corvette is completely sold out for 2020, even though Chevy hasn’t started building it yet.

Short article, no additional content at link

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Now fix the Camaro next. So Chevy can build great cars afterall.
The Camaro was once again GM's second best selling car last month with 4454 sold. Only the highly discounted Malibu sold more. GM has bigger issues to overcome than current Camaro sales.

·
Registered
18,119 Posts
The Camaro was once again GM's second best selling car last month with 4454 sold. Only the highly discounted Malibu sold more. GM has bigger issues to overcome than current Camaro sales.
To be faiiiiiirrrrrrr....GM did cut every single car from it's Chevy lineup so if Camaro wasn't the second best selling car that would be a problem.

·
Registered
425 Posts
You can't report that to GM only. By the same account, the Spark was GM's best selling subcompact car, all 3 of them.
The idea is they can if they want to. Camaro could've been the beast that eats Mustangs for breakfast.
I don't have the info, but it would be nice to see the Ford/Dodge numbers, then let's see how good it sells.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
To be faiiiiiirrrrrrr....GM did cut every single car from it's Chevy lineup so if Camaro wasn't the second best selling car that would be a problem.
Notice I mentioned ALL GM cars, not just Chevy. The Spark, Sonic, Bolt, Malibu and Impala are all still in production, as is the Regal and a few of the Cadillac cars. Compared to them all, the Camaro is selling reasonably well. As you know, it is an exceptional performance value. The new affordable LT1 V8 can only help sales. Adjust your mirrors and ENJOY!!

·
Registered
18,119 Posts
Notice I mentioned ALL GM cars, not just Chevy. The Spark, Sonic, Bolt, Malibu and Impala are all still in production, as is the Regal and a few of the Cadillac cars. Compared to them all, the Camaro is selling reasonably well. As you know, it is an exceptional performance value. The new affordable LT1 V8 can only help sales. Adjust your mirrors and ENJOY!!
You know what my dealer has in stock as far as car wise??

3 Camaro
1 Corvette
13 Malibu
1 Sonic
4 Spark

GM is cutting off it's car production. You know how many Trax?? 45. LOL

I mean, calling Camaro the second best car isn't wrong but that's like saying the best WNBA team could beat the worst NBA team.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts

3 Camaro
1 Corvette
13 Malibu
1 Sonic
4 Spark

Most dealers are similarly stocked. A close win, is still a win, just look at the 49ers/Saints game.

If you look at recent sales #'s, 4454 Camaro's sold last month is a solid # in a shrinking segment entering winter. Certainly better than any other GM cars sales figures m/m, y/y.

·
Registered
18,119 Posts
Most dealers are similarly stocked. A close win, is still a win, just look at the 49ers/Saints game.

If you look at recent sales #'s, 4454 Camaro's sold last month is a solid # in a shrinking segment entering winter. Certainly better than any other GM cars sales figures m/m, y/y.
And the Saints lost because they made a dumb mistake early in the game a la GM shutting down car production. It's a win by default the way they're doing it. Not really faulting them just surprised at how fast it's fallen.

·
Registered
790 Posts

3 Camaro
1 Corvette
13 Malibu
1 Sonic
4 Spark

I mean, calling Camaro the second best car isn't wrong but that's like saying the best WNBA team could beat the worst NBA team.

Those counts sound like a rental lot. I am getting depressed. They aren't trying.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Speaking of C8, I decided to scratch my Corvette itch while holding off on the C8 for maybe a couple of years. The deals on the C7 are just about too good to pass up. I had to go about 150 miles away to get the car I wanted (purchased at Blasius Chevy in Waterbury, CT), but it does feel good to have a Corvette back in the garage. And it's my first convertible, which I suppose makes it an EXTRA mid-life crisis. :)

Here are photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ruUQvjMRVnQx5mo37

BTW, the ELR definitely stays in the fleet. But for a little while at least, it's lost its indoor parking arrangement.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Speaking of C8, I decided to scratch my Corvette itch while holding off on the C8 for maybe a couple of years. The deals on the C7 are just about too good to pass up. I had to go about 150 miles away to get the car I wanted (purchased at Blasius Chevy in Waterbury, CT), but it does feel good to have a Corvette back in the garage. And it's my first convertible, which I suppose makes it an EXTRA mid-life crisis. :)

BTW, the ELR definitely stays in the fleet. But for a little while at least, it's lost its indoor parking arrangement.

Very nice, CONGRATS!!

We adore our C7 7 speed. It's a great daily driver except for this time of year.

Reactions: yamahr1

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Great choice and congrats!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Congrats, you now own two of the three cars in the GMI logo...now you just have to import a Ute from Australia! At least I think that's what it is...

Reactions: yamahr1

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,471 Posts

3 Camaro
1 Corvette
13 Malibu
1 Sonic
4 Spark

Why so many of the Trax?:rolleyes: Somebody go a little hog wild ;) in the ordering inventory dept.? We have only 3 to 4 at a time down at the local dealer here.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,471 Posts

Nice car, congrats to ya. Also I guess this 2020 Corvette being sold out is a "good" problem to have, considering.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Congrats, you now own two of the three cars in the GMI logo...now you just have to import a Ute from Australia! At least I think that's what it is...
Great point, I would love to have a Maloo like that! Lutz came close to bringing it here, but alas...

And thanks to all who have offered their congrats. I'm hoping it's the start of a beautiful relationship. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts