·
Registered
19,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Toyota Mirai priced from $57,500 outright or $499 monthly lease
By Viknesh Vijayenthiran
·Published November 18, 2014
·High Gear Media

Yesterday, we got our first look at Toyota’s new fuel cell vehicle due in showrooms next fall, the 2016 Mirai. Now, we have the all-important pricing details on the hydrogen-powered sedan, which—impressively—comes close to matching the original $50,000 promise made by Toyota as far back as 2010.

Fuel cell fans will be able to lease the Mirai for $499 per month over 36 months, with $3,649 due at lease signing, or they can purchase the vehicle outright for $57,500. With combined state and federal incentives as high as $13,000 available for some, the purchase price could potentially fall to below $45,000.

But with the Mirai, you’re not just purchasing a car, you’re also purchasing what Toyota calls a “360-degree” ownership experience. This includes a 24/7 concierge service; 24/7 roadside assistance; three years of free maintenance, up to 12,000 miles annually; an eight-year/100,000-mile warranty on fuel cell components; and the Entune infotainment system with Safety Connect telematics.

More at link including picture: http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014...thly-lease/?intcmp=obmod_ffo&intcmp=obnetwork

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Earlier tonight I saw a new Lexus IS and I thought "What an ugly car. Toyota is losing it.". Then I come home and see the new Prius and this thing. Who gave them the idea that big ugly front fascias are cool?

Ugly ugly ugly.

I'm going to look at the ATS-V for a couple minutes to soothe my eyes.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
I was sure that the Prius was so ugly no one would buy one. Boy, was I wrong.

As I wrote in another thread, the American appetite for ugly foreign vehicles seems unlimited.

Reactions: patrickbec

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,298 Posts
Forget the hydrogen part... it's got front corner air dam vents that are bigger than the wheels.
This is revolutionary... an industry first!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Regardless of the appearance criticisms, Toyota is "doing it" (offering a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle for sale to the public). I believe GM is next to offer a similar vehicle for sale to the public in a couple of years or so?
(I know GM has a fleet of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles on the road already.)

If the criteria is to push the technological limits of engineering capabilities and raise the bar, then irrelevant is the limited hydrogen fuel stations, and any other argument that disparages the Mirai's efficiency and cost when compared to gasoline, diesel, hybrid, or electric vehicles. Toyota is playing their hydrogen fuel cell card, now GM, "Show 'em what you got"! :cool:

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Toyota is forcing every owner of these to be a vocal spokesperson for the car.

Every person the owners sees looking at the vehicle (and there will be lots) will get told: "Hey, it's a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Car....., it's the future today." "OK, it's the only Fuel Cell car they offer...."

;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.