·
Registered
7,418 Posts
A Verano Hatch would be nice.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Five door=boring.
Only in America. The rest of the world sees small four door sedans, especially FWD where one of the selling features is lots of space, as conservative, boring and impractically stupid to give up the cavernous rear entry and storage. Different strokes, different folks. Hence, everywhere but the US, they outsell small sedans by roughly 2:1.

You hear people talking of 'hot hatches' = quickish FWD hatch. No-one goes looking for a stovebolt-hot FWD sedan.

I don't think Opel moved the needle much with these.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Only in America. The rest of the world sees small four door sedans, especially FWD where one of the selling features is lots of space, as conservative, boring and impractically stupid to give up the cavernous rear entry and storage. Different strokes, different folks. Hence, everywhere but the US, they outsell small sedans by roughly 2:1.

You hear people talking of 'hot hatches' = quickish FWD hatch. No-one goes looking for a stovebolt-hot FWD sedan.

I don't think Opel moved the needle much with these.
Five door bores me because the three door is what I would be hoping for, not a sedan.

I'm looking at it as a prospective Buick, and the three door GTC is what I believe would go over best in the US.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Five door bores me because the three door is what I would be hoping for, not a sedan.

I'm looking at it as a prospective Buick, and the three door GTC is what I believe would go over best in the US.
If Opel remain true to form, there will be 3-door hatchback, 4-door saloon, 5-door hatchback and 5-door estate versions from launch - maybe a 3-door estate and 3-door panel van - and maybe even a convertible soon after to replace Cascada - not all versions are sold in every European market.

Wait until the MCE for MY2019 to see what Buick might import!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Tail lights remind me of the Avenir
I remarked that in the Avenir thread. Indeed the Avenir has the "wing" light signature that Opel started with with the launch of the Insignia and continued after that throughout the Opel palette. I wondered if that confirms a tighter cooperation between Buick and Opel (and Holden) design-wise in the future.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts