·
Premium Member
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Saleen 302 Mustang Makes Up to 640 HP
MotorTrend
September 27, 2014
By: Karla Sanchez

Mustang tuner Saleen gave us a first taste of its version of the 2015 Ford Mustang earlier this summer, but now it's giving us an all-you-can-eat feast. The tuner has finally revealed all the good stuff we want to know about the 2015 Saleen 302 Ford Mustang, in addition to releasing a side profile shot of the modified pony car.

The new Saleen 302 Mustang is the company's first all-new model since 2005, and even though that's a long time, the tuner made it well worth the wait. The Saleen 302 is powered by the Mustang GT's 5.0-liter V-8, but the tuner worked its magic and managed to squeeze 450 hp and 410 lb-ft of torque (up from the stock's 435 and 400) for the base S302 White Label model. It gets even better with the Yellow Label and top-trim Black Label models, which both have been blessed with a supercharger that helps bump power up to 640 hp and 565 lb-ft. A six-speed manual or a paddle-shifted six-speed automatic will drive that power to the rear wheels, while a limited-slip differential is standard on all models. All models will ride on Saleen's high-performance suspension, while a fully adjustable coil-over suspension is optional.

Full article at link.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I got thinking that Saleen became irrelevant since the factory Shelby's came out

·
Premium Member
11,403 Posts
And now the fun really begins...

Those wondering why Ford made its Mustang heavier/stronger and gave it a 3" wider rear track need look no further than what Saleen has achieved. The new chassis allows that power to be more effectively controlled and delivered to the pavement. The results will be breathless and set the '15 Mustang worlds apart when compared to the previous version.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Dodge has the 707 hp hellcat for 60 grand from the factory...the saleens not cheap....

It's cool but pricey....imo

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Those wondering why Ford made its Mustang heavier/stronger and gave it a 3" wider rear track need look no further than ...
...Jim Farley and his job of resurrecting Lincoln via S550 variants, and introducing weight-saving measures at a Lincoln price point instead of Mustang's mid-$20s starting point...

·
Premium Member
11,403 Posts
...Jim Farley and his job of resurrecting Lincoln via S550 variants, and introducing weight-saving measures at a Lincoln price point instead of Mustang's mid-$20s starting point...
I hope ATS and CTS inventory reduces soon, Ford would be looking on in curiosity....

Probably a more long term plan, Lincoln needs to cement its range with more top notch Utilities,
that Frankenstein MKT needs to be gone yesterday and replaced with a more buyer friendly
Explorer based 3-row Utility.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
How many times has Saleen gone bankrupt now? I didn't know he was still around. I have always liked the Saleen Mustangs in the past but this one borders on 80's tacky.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I like it, and I do like Saleen..... I feel that his products always came off as bad ass and I feel that it is too bad that the S7 has yet to have a successor yet.

·
Premium Member
11,403 Posts
How many times has Saleen gone bankrupt now? I didn't know he was still around. I have always liked the Saleen Mustangs in the past but this one borders on 80's tacky.
I don't thnk that CGI does justice to the actual product.

He got pushed out a few years back, "retirement" was the word used and then his former company went CH11
which is when he managed to regain control. Saleens are polarizing styles, people that like them buy them.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I don't thnk that CGI does justice to the actual product.

He got pushed out a few years back, "retirement" was the word used and then his former company went CH11
which is when he managed to regain control. Saleens are polarizing styles, people that like them buy them.
When the stang went retro saleen had a classic GT500 kit for it that looked badass. I wouldn't pay for there performance parts but the body kits are on point.

Reactions: jpd80

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I hope ATS and CTS inventory reduces soon, Ford would be looking on in curiosity....

Probably a more long term plan, Lincoln needs to cement its range with more top notch Utilities, that Frankenstein MKT needs to be gone yesterday and replaced with a more buyer friendly Explorer based 3-row Utility.
I agree with you about the MKT; it's ugly and it needs to be replaced immediately. If done properly, it could replace the SWB Navigator while the LWB would remain. The next MKX looks promising and should help pick things up along with the MKC. The MKS is big on the outside but too small on the inside; stretch this car and reskin it. The MKZ never grew on me. That I'd replace with the Mustang variant in sedan and hardtop convertible with the EB2.3L I4 standard and the EB3.5L V6 optional.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I've always liked Saleen Mustangs, and looking forward to seeing this one...along with the 2015 Roush Mustangs.

·
Premium Member
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
2015 Mustang
Front end = Hott
Side view = meh
Rear end = zzzz...zzzz...zz snore, oh I'm sorry fell asleep
Have you seen one yet? I thought the same when I saw it in pictures, but WOW, it looks great in real life.

·
Premium Member
11,403 Posts
I agree with you about the MKT; it's ugly and it needs to be replaced immediately. If done properly, it could replace the SWB Navigator while the LWB would remain. The next MKX looks promising and should help pick things up along with the MKC. The MKS is big on the outside but too small on the inside; stretch this car and reskin it. The MKZ never grew on me. That I'd replace with the Mustang variant in sedan and hardtop convertible with the EB2.3L I4 standard and the EB3.5L V6 optional.
And of course, a Lincoln 4-door coupe not unlike Jaguar's XF would be an excellent add on...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts