·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lexus prices 2015 NX.
LeftLaneNews
October 16th, 2014
By: Drew Johnson

Lexus has announced pricing for its all-new NX compact crossover. The NX is expected to begin arriving in Lexus showrooms over the next few weeks.
Pricing for the entry-level Lexus NX 200t model will start from $34,480. Adding the traction of all-wheel drive bumps the NX 200t's price point to $35,880.
Both NX 200t models are powered by a 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder cranking out 235 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. Both front- and all-wheel drive NX 200t models make use of Lexus's six-speed automatic transmission.

Full article available at link.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's pricier than I thought, but I'd bet that the next generation RX is going to move up in price to give the NX some breathing room.

·
Registered
435 Posts
man that thing needs a nosejob! Being a Lexus however, I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
That just looks awful. You know this thing is going to easily hit 45k fully loaded.

·
Registered
19,345 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I don't see beauty in this (sides and back are ok, front not so much) but I suppose others will or just wont care as it's a Lexus. Hopefully Cadillac will eventually build up a good enough reputation that people will buy any turd they put out just because it's a Cadillac.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
I think some of you overplay the 'it sells because of the badge' line a little too much. Yes, it can be a factor, but if the vehicle is garbage most people won't buy it. I don't like the looks of this, but it sure has some style to it, so I can totally see why people will be attracted to it.

·
Registered
9,571 Posts
I think some of you overplay the 'it sells because of the badge' line a little too much. Yes, it can be a factor, but if the vehicle is garbage most people won't buy it. I don't like the looks of this, but it sure has some style to it, so I can totally see why people will be attracted to it.
in this "entry" class I think the BADGE does pull a LOT more then in higher levels as this is NOT far from a high spec CR-V OR Equinox and I bet a few people will "move up" because of the badge

·
Registered
525 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that all entry level luxury cars have moved up a segment and now have a new replacement that is smaller, cheaper(In materials), and FWD? Mercedes has done it, Audi has done it, Lexus has done it, BMW is going to do it. The dollar has devalued so much just in 10 years. It is like when a frozen pizza maker uses the same box but the pizza inside is smaller due to cost of production. If you do not belive that buy 1 candy bar or some cheap food from the supermarket every 3 -4 weeks then after a year take a peak and measure the differences. They are giving less for the same amount of money that the A4, 3/4 series, C class would have cost. I find it kind of funny. KIA & Hyuandia had it right. The luxury makers want to play in the economy sand box and the economny companies are jumping in the larger more profitable sand box.

30 K used to be entry level luxury now you cannot get into a decently equipped compact luxury vehicle for under 45k

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
That is still one of the ugliest vehicles on the road in my opinion. I can't get past the front end and they even cheapified the Nike LED swoosh in that only the bottom part lights up unlike the other cars where the curve part lights up. Rav 4 but even uglier! :barf:

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
UGLY. I think this will compete with the new Land Rover Discovery Sport. The Land Rover is quietly handsome and has class. The NX is noisely UGLY and crass. It looks like it started out as an amphibeous landing craft. Hopefully the forthcoming Cadillac SUV's will show a little more stylistic restraint than this mess. Damn, did I mention that it's U-G-L-Y?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts