GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am averaging 18-19MPG combined with my 2014 (5.3L, Crew, Std Box Z71) and have seen 22.7MPG over several hundred miles (Partial Tank, 300Miles+).

Why do I want a F-150 with a 2.7L?

Reactions: TruckMan

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's just it, you would think the turbo engines would have the disadvantage, but not the case.
Why would anyone think this? They were brake launching to pre spool the turbos. 400 ft is about exactly the idiotic distance I would expect someone to use for a drag race where they were attempting to show a torque/gearing advantage. Increasing the distance would have resulted in the turbo'd ford motors losing most of the matchups.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Why would anyone think this? They were brake launching to pre spool the turbos. 400 ft is about exactly the idiotic distance I would expect someone to use for a drag race where they were attempting to show a torque/gearing advantage. Increasing the distance would have resulted in the turbo'd ford motors losing most of the matchups.
We will see comparison tests soon enough. But from what I have read it looks like the 2.7EB can take the 5.3V8 in a 0-60 and combined fuel economy. It that kinda info matters to you.....

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
So you mean for 1 mpg on an EPA rating I can get an excellent E85 optional use factor, likely the same or better mpg in the real world while on regular gasoline all the time w/o premium ever - never worry about a turbo gas or diesel , and have a steel bodied truck while avoiding the five story tall Beta testing ?

Where do I sign up ?????

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So you mean for 1 mpg on an EPA rating I can get an excellent E85 optional use factor, likely the same or better mpg in the real world while on regular gasoline all the time w/o premium ever - never worry about a turbo gas or diesel , and have a steel bodied truck while avoiding the five story tall Beta testing ?

Where do I sign up ?????
Close you have to worry about DI coking and AFM....both trucks have trade off's.......Just don't crash the Ford....

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
Just teasing - well, sorta'.

Anyway, has anyone done the obvious and properly ranged the old numbers behind the '14s posted numbers times 5 to 20 % ?

That is the entire map of possibles - unless some of the verbiage is off.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just teasing - well, sorta'.

Anyway, has anyone done the obvious and properly ranged the old numbers behind the 14 posted numbers times 5 to 20 % ?

That is the entire map of possibles - unless some of the verbiage is off.
No Chevy/GMC owners will sell their trucks to run out and by this new Ford no matter how good it is. This is more about Cafe and getting Ford customers to pay more for their trucks. Have to keep those ATP rising.....Stuff more technology etc etc. Both Ford and GM have enough existing customers on the road in their old trucks, the issue is building a new truck that is compelling enough to get them to trade up to the shiny new version......GM has had a tough time getting their customers a reason to trade up! Time will tell if this new F150 will get the Ford boys to trade up.....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I don't think that the turbo motors are any better, or worse than GM's 6.2 and 5.3 mills, but what I'm starting to like about Ford trucks, more and more, is that they are still giving you quite a lot of options to play with and choose from.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My last 450km trip in my Wife's 2013 F150, @ 105-110 km's/h in 'Hilly Country" returned 10.3L/100km's on the DIC. Do the math. Real Life was 10.475 L/100km's.

Straight Hwy Driving, except about 7 km's town before filling it back up.

I just talked with 1 EcoBoost Customer today that said he "Finally got down to 10L/100km's on a trip to take his daughter to school." He does alot of mile's and records everyone.

There are 3 numbers.

DIC recorded,
Window Stick,
and Real Life

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.