GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
so an American pickup with an American name to the tune of an Aussie group? Makes sense to someone I guess

I love the American version of the Colorado, Canyon even more so but don't know why they couldn't use an American group for the music.

Now we just need the sheet metal/Aluminium changes and nicer interior and I might consider a Global Colorado

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
so an American pickup with an American name to the tune of an Aussie group? Makes sense to someone I guess

I love the American version of the Colorado, Canyon even more so but don't know why they couldn't use an American group for the music.

Now we just need the sheet metal/Aluminium changes and nicer interior and I might consider a Global Colorado
MetallicA's Fade to Black didn't have the right marketing vibe... even though commuting to work in the city with a pickup truck would put me into a depressed rage.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
So here we are in what is basically 2015 and Chevy's marketing is no better. I could've thought of at least 1/2 dozen better locales than an urban downtown setting. If your downtown is really that empty than you might as well drive a full-size crew cab. The reality is it looks more like this.

Is a 219" length what you want to drive and park here? Music aside, this truck could've been shown with a family comfortably and excitedly driving to their suburban sporting goods store, loading the bed with backpacks, tents, hot dog roasting sticks, a canoe, etc. Next scene is them blissfully sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows with said tents set up and their new Colorado in the background. This is the demographic this truck is going to appeal to, not the inner city office personnel who probably has more use for public transportation.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Probably one of the worst car ads I've seen in a while. It really has nothing to do with selling a truck. You could substitute a pizza for the Colorado and it wouldn't change the advertisement. Can someone please hire a competant marketing staff for GM? As others have also pointed out -- the urban marketing for the Colorado is equally dumb.... That really is the mission for easier to park Chevy products like Sonic or Cruze. Good luck finding a curb parking spot for such a long vehicle like a Colorado..... NYC, Philly, DC, San Fran etc.... Drive anything larger than a compact and you are pretty much screwed as soon as you get to the parking lot.

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Good looking truck in the ad, but as usual, they tell you NOTHING about it!
Do you only watch QVC? Do you have internet access? Do you need someone to tell you how to wipe your ass in the morning?

"OH HEY, THAT'S A COOL TRUCK!" Proceed to Google it. Boom, more information than you could ever get in 30 seconds, anyway.

They're not selling this on stats, they're selling in on image and lifestyle. Jeezum crow.

·
Registered
975 Posts
So here we are in what is basically 2015 and Chevy's marketing is no better. I could've thought of at least 1/2 dozen better locales than an urban downtown setting. If your downtown is really that empty than you might as well drive a full-size crew cab. The reality is it looks more like this.
Right...cause GM is the only car company that shows there cars in unrealistic situations....oh wait they aren't, but it is GM so of course we have to complain. There are several Ford commercials that show their cars driving through Manhattan catching zero lights and having nothing but pavement in front of them.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Right...cause GM is the only car company that shows there cars in unrealistic situations....oh wait they aren't, but it is GM so of course we have to complain. There are several Ford commercials that show their cars driving through Manhattan catching zero lights and having nothing but pavement in front of them.
A.)This thread is about the Colorado, not about any other manufacturers commercials. Go find an F150 or RAM crew cab commercial that's set in downtown NY/LA/SF/Chi, start a thread in the Competition News section and we can discuss it.
B.)Do you really think this was a solid effort on Chevy marketing's part? This is supposed to be a lifestyle vehicle. That lifestyle is the adventurous, free-living, occasional Home Depot run-type of person/family. The Colorado was developed for commuting into work in a downtown metro environment?

·
Registered
59 Posts

Is a 219" length what you want to drive and park here? Music aside, this truck could've been shown with a family comfortably and excitedly driving to their suburban sporting goods store, loading the bed with backpacks, tents, hot dog roasting sticks, a canoe, etc. Next scene is them blissfully sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows with said tents set up and their new Colorado in the background. This is the demographic this truck is going to appeal to, not the inner city office personnel who probably has more use for public transportation.
I haven't watched the commercial yet, but but almost every car commercial for every manufacturer set in an urban environment has empty city streets. The picture you posted is the often reality of urban traffic, but the fact is that reality doesn't sell any vehicle whether it is a sub compact or a fullsize truck.

And yes, sometimes fullsize crew cab trucks appeal to inner city office personnel. I commute into NYC in a Silverado Crew Cab every day. I wouldn't want to do it in anything else, and judging by the other fullsize trucks I see on my commute, I'm not alone.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.