GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Chevy Cruze May Get Lower Price - Dealer Speaks Of New "Price Point" At Intro

Vindy.com

September 26, 2014

Image Credit: General Motors

This video interview shows the new (MCE) Chevrolet Cruze.

Note the comments from Chevy dealer representative Greg Greenwood who speaks about a new Cruze "price point". Now there is no way to infer exactly what this means, but remember that GM set a new price point with the Chevy Malibu recently to put the vehicle on the radar of more internet buyers searching by price.

It is certainly possible, but obviously not confirmed that GM is taking the same route here with the Cruze.

Take a look:

http://www.vindy.com/videos/2014/sep/26/3258/

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 2015 Chevy Cruze May Get Lower Price - Dealer Speaks Of New "Price Point" At Intr

It is certainly possible, but obviously not confirmed that GM is taking the same route here with the Cruze.
Note that the Cruze has a current $2500 incentive (here in New York). It may certainly make sense to drop the price by $1000, and change the incentive.

It would open the market for additional sales in my opinion.

Also - That's a pretty nice refresh live and in person. I will admit to not being thrilled to what has been shown by Chevrolet thus far.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Re: 2015 Chevy Cruze May Get Lower Price - Dealer Speaks Of New "Price Point" At Intr

Are they going to strip down the base model to bare bones and then lower the price? They may pick up a few buyers who want stripped down cars but not many.

·
Registered
19,629 Posts

If true, how does that fit in/what is the impact to the two cars smaller than the Cruze (Spark and especially the Sonic)?

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

If true, how does that fit in/what is the impact to the two cars smaller than the Cruze (Spark and especially the Sonic)?
You can assume no change. Last year the Malibu incentive was $3000 on a higher list price. They lowered the price an average of $500, and what do you know - the current Malibu incentive is $2500.

Smoke and mirrors in the marketplace.

The important thing today is to get on the shopping list of the internet buyer.

·
Banned
2,267 Posts

GM did something like this in the mid-late 1990s. They made anti-lock brakes optional on a lot of cars that had it standard, so they could lower the MSRP. Then charge $800.00 for ABS. Needless to say that little stint backfired on them.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

Are they going to strip down the base model to bare bones and then lower the price? They may pick up a few buyers who want stripped down cars but not many.
Not quite 'strip down', but several features have been deleted on the MY 2015 Cruze lineup overall:

• Only 5 exterior colors available for LS
  • Rear armrest no longer included on LS
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob no longer on 1LT and ECO
  • Carpeted front and rear floor mats no longer included on ECO manual
  • Keyless Access and Keyless start no longer available on 2LT and Diesel
  • Pioneer premium 9-speaker system no longer available on ECO
  • Front fog lamps no longer standard on LTZ

·
Registered
7,803 Posts

Not quite 'strip down', but several features have been deleted on the MY 2015 Cruze lineup overall:

• Only 5 exterior colors available for LS
  • Rear armrest no longer included on LS
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob no longer on 1LT and ECO
  • Carpeted front and rear floor mats no longer included on ECO manual
  • Keyless Access and Keyless start no longer available on 2LT and Diesel
  • Pioneer premium 9-speaker system no longer available on ECO
  • Front fog lamps no longer standard on LTZ
GM de-contenting a vehicle in the model's last year.

What will they think of next?:rolleyes:

Seriously GM

Competitors give you more for the same or lower price and do not set MSRP's for Rebates.

·
Registered
293 Posts

not quite 'strip down', but several features have been deleted on the my 2015 cruze lineup overall:

• only 5 exterior colors available for ls
  • rear armrest no longer included on ls
  • leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob no longer on 1lt and eco
  • carpeted front and rear floor mats no longer included on eco manual
  • keyless access and keyless start no longer available on 2lt and diesel
  • pioneer premium 9-speaker system no longer available on eco
  • front fog lamps no longer standard on ltz
this is dumber than ct6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

this is dumber than ct6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time out on the field here. Before all of this bashing continues, let's wait for the facts.

There are new option packages for the 2015 Cruze - and we do not know how they are priced and/or discounted. Here is just one example for the LTZ model:

Sun, Sound and Sport Package: Includes (CF5) power sunroof, (UQA)
Pioneer premium 9-speaker audio system and (PDZ) RS Package

It is possible that GM may offer these bundled items at a discount.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts

Here is just one example for the LTZ model:

Sun, Sound and Sport Package: Includes (CF5) power sunroof, (UQA)
Pioneer premium 9-speaker audio system and (PDZ) RS Package

It is possible that GM may offer these bundled items at a discount.
You are correct Perian: Sun, Sound and Sport Package on 2015 Cruze LTZ retails for $995, only $320 more than just the RS Package alone.

Complete 2015 Cruze pricing here: http://www.cars.com/go/configurator/styles.jsp?makeid=9&modelid=10394&year=2015

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
21,658 Posts

OK, calm down people.............

I can't speak to the "contenting" or "de-contenting" on a 2104 vs. 2105, but prices are marginally changed:

Looks like most low-end models are up about $200, the 2LT is up about $700 and the LTZ about $500.

·
Registered
434 Posts

What's disappointing to me is them axing the 2LT manual, which is what I own, and the only Cruze I wanted at the time.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts

Why lower the price?
They are already selling well and have a low field supply.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts

The Focus is getting a new front end that actually looks good.
Subaru made some improvements to the Impreza.
The competition isn't sitting still and the Cruze hasn't been improved.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts

The 2015 sales are already expected to be down IIRC.
It has been announced that there are going to be a few down weeks for production in the next 12 months for installation of new equipment for the next gen car. So I'd be surprised if they try and gain market share with the '15 model.

·
Registered
21,658 Posts

Why lower the price?
They are already selling well and have a low field supply.
Prices aren't going down.

OK, calm down people.............

I can't speak to the "contenting" or "de-contenting" on a 2104 vs. 2105, but prices are marginally changed:

Looks like most low-end models are up about $200, the 2LT is up about $700 and the LTZ about $500.

Reactions: megeebee
1 - 20 of 72 Posts