GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just playing around on the Build your Own feature on Cadillac's website, and for fun, I built a 2015 with identical options and equipment as my 2014. I came away shocked.

My 2014 with every option (Driver Assist, Sunroof, Polished 18s, and Black Diamond) lists for $55,975. The 2015, with all of the options that mine has lists for $58,160. That's a difference of $2,185. A large amount of the increase is due to the fact that on 2015 models, Morello Red costs an extra $1,295, whereas it's a no-cost option on 2014 models. The Driver Assist Package also increased in price compared to the 2014 models, but it includes an extra feature, which is lane keeping assist.

Just throwing this out there...

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I was just playing around on the Build your Own feature on Cadillac's website, and for fun, I built a 2015 with identical options and equipment as my 2014. I came away shocked.

My 2014 with every option (Driver Assist, Sunroof, Polished 18s, and Black Diamond) lists for $55,975. The 2015, with all of the options that mine has lists for $58,160. That's a difference of $2,185. A large amount of the increase is due to the fact that on 2015 models, Morello Red costs an extra $1,295, whereas it's a no-cost option on 2014 models. The Driver Assist Package also increased in price compared to the 2014 models, but it includes an extra feature, which is lane keeping assist.

I guess the idiots running Cadillac feel that sales and market share are going so well that raising prices is not problematic.

Plus, they have to raise money for the rent for their trendy new digs. Oh, and the martinis after work with the artsy NY trendsetters that are going to provide the inspiration to provide the authenticity, legitimacy and coolness to turn the brand around.

Sigh.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts

MSRP means nothing......it's all about incentives haven't you heard?

·
Registered
697 Posts
... Morello Red costs an extra $1,295, whereas it's a no-cost option on 2014 models.
For 2015 Morello Red is now a semi-aniline leather like the new Kona Brown. I haven't seen the Red in a 2015 yet but the upscale leather is noticeably nicer than the standard and has "suede" touches like the semi-aniline Morello Red in the CTS.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Unit sales are off so raise the prices...LOL

Pricing on ATS v should be interesting.

Hope it sells....gm is wrong about their latest Cadillac pricing strategy...IMO...

Thanks for sharing

Reactions: ClassyEldo

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Both overpriced.
How so? Is a comparably equipped F30 335i significantly less expensive for either MY 2014 or 2015?

For 2015 Morello Red is now a semi-aniline leather like the new Kona Brown. I haven't seen the Red in a 2015 yet but the upscale leather is noticeably nicer than the standard and has "suede" touches like the semi-aniline Morello Red in the CTS.
$1,295 is a bargain for fine grain semi-aniline leather upholstery. Mercedes-Benz USA charges $2,300 for notably lower grade leather seating surfaces on the W205 C300.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Let's see:

- No heated seat option for base ATS Coupe but is available in the base 2.5L ATS Sedan
- $3,000 charge for a V6 that comes standard in a $24,000 Chevy Camaro
- Still no standard backup camera in a $46,000 base CTS... you can build a 2015 CTS for well over $50,000 and still not have a backup camera. WTH. Backup cameras are almost becoming standard equipment in new cars and I'm not talking about luxury brands here.

Cadillac's option packaging strategy makes no sense and actually P ---es me off. If I had to replace my CTS coupe I would rather get a used CTS Coupe or CTS Coupe V then get a new ATS coupe and pay that extra $3,000 for a simple, common V6. It's not that I can afford it, its the principle of it that burns me up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts