GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. When I get up to about 45 mph a whistle noise starts all the way through till about 75-80mph. It isn’t constant and will intermittently start and stop. It sound like it coming from the Roof marker lights or the top of the windshield. I took it in to the dealership. They test drove another truck off the lot like mine and they said it made the same noise. They said they tested a bunch of things but can’t figure out where to noise is originating from. The truck has regular mirrors and marker lights. Has anyone had the same problem and hopefully a fix?????????????

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Have your dealer check this out: PIT5281: Wind Whistle Noise At Highway Speed

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Hi odonnell747,

Can you please send us your VIN and contact information so we can look further into this matter? We'd like to feed this information back to a few internal teams within GM. We can understand how this may become annoying, but please feel free to contact us via private message if you'd like our assistance.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello, I have a 2015 Silverado 2500HD Duramax. When I get up to about 45 mph a whistle noise starts all the way through till about 75-80mph. It isn’t constant and will intermittently start and stop. It sound like it coming from the Roof marker lights or the top of the windshield. I took it in to the dealership. They test drove another truck off the lot like mine and they said it made the same noise. They said they tested a bunch of things but can’t figure out where to noise is originating from. The truck has regular mirrors and marker lights. Has anyone had the same problem and hopefully a fix?????????????
Big discussion going on over here about this http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/163837-whistling-noise/ I have the same whistle but I don't have roof lamps, xm antenna or tow mirrors. The GMC has it also.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any luck on diagnosing the whistling noise? I too am having it happen above 55mph on my 2015 Suburban. Dealer just replaced the drivers side roof rack trim assembly, because we thought air was getting under it. No luck. Also took the crossbars off. That didn't help either. Sounds like it's right above me or in front of me.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Hey Newdude, do you have any other info you can give me on PIT5281? I told my dealer about it, and he said it doesn't sound like a GM number to him. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Hi bearcat77,

If you're also experiencing this issue we can follow up with your dealership as well. We'd just need your VIN and contact information to provide our internal team and that will allow us to further investigate a possible fix. Feel free to contact us via private message if interested.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks Amber. When I try to message you, I get an error saying I'm not using a valid username. What name should I be messaging? Or is there a phone # or email that would get me in touch with the right person?

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Thanks Amber. When I try to message you, I get an error saying I'm not using a valid username. What name should I be messaging? Or is there a phone # or email that would get me in touch with the right person?

Very sorry for any inconvenience. Please feel free to send an e-mail to Amber at [email protected] ATTN: Amber. She will be sure to get it, and further assist you with your concerns.

Patsy G (Assisting)
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a newbie, but this is the only thread I could find that addresses the wind noise issue. If there is another thread I should be looking at please let me know. I have a 2015 GMC Sierra with about 30,000 miles that has severe wind noise on the drivers side door. It basically sounds like I am driving with the window down at speeds greater than 35 MPH. I took it into the dealership and the made some adjustments to the mirror and seals within the mirror, but that did nothing to help. Is there something I can tell them or advise them on how to fix the issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2015 2500HD. Last year I went to the dealer and the service rep told me his truck does it too and not to worry about it. Well after a year I couldn't stand the noise anymore so I took back to the dealer. The dealer just called and said they can't replicate the issue but come back on a windy day. Seriously? Sure.....I'm not busy at all and when its windy I'll just come over to the dealer. The service rep also told me about the bulletins out about the wind noise but there was nothing he could do unless they can replicate it. It's amazing that I can buy a truck for 60k but I cant even get the door seals changed on a truck thats only a year old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts