GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I really do find your comment helpful(sarcasm). However, I do not see how your comment relates to my issue. I wasn't aware this was a site where I could get so many helpful comments for my grammar and not for the problem at hand. If you do not have any information or help to offer please STAY OUT OF THE COMMENTS, as you are not helping.

You will not get your Traverse repaired on this forum. It is covered by the new car and powertrain warranty. You must have the dealer repair it. Even if members have suggestions - it must be repaired at the dealer (unless you want to pay for the repair at a private garage).

You should explore the "lemon law" in your state if you are not happy or satisfied. With the Internet, it is easy to research the law in the state you live in. You may have to contact an attorney. I have gone through two lemon law buybacks in my state with new GM cars that I purchased (a 1997 Camaro Z-28 Convertible and a 2011 Impala LTZ). I filed the first complaint and went to arbitration myself and the second one, I had an attorney handle.

You included unnecessary information in your initial post - just the facts gets the attention of long-term people on this forum.

Good luck.

·
Registered
350 Posts
What ever happened to good customer service? The dealer/GM trying to put off this customer, to me is ridiculous. They can bring out all these recalls for vehicles up to 15 years old, but won't help this poor consumer?

I might be just a dumb GM owner, and not in "the industry" as a lot of you, but it seems to me I am reading about far more of these types of consumer nightmares now than ever before.

I think the competition is creeping up on GM, and with so many vehicle/manufacturer choices being equal, I believe many are basing their purchase on the customer service/warranty aspect.

I'm thinking GM better start putting the customer first, or they'll be having to throw even more cash on the hood of their vehicles to sell them.

Just my humble, uneducated $.02

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
This woman has an issue with her brand new Chevy, and comes to a GM forum for a little help/support/assistance. This is what she should be getting. Not smart assed remarks and doubting Thomas types of comments.

The vast majority of vehicle buyers are not enthusiasts, and only seek out help when they have a problem. As enthusiasts, we all need to remember that we are in the minority. Some of you should put on your big boy pants and be ashamed of yourself.

To the OP, I would pursue the Lemon Law for your state. Just from your description you should more than qualify. Of course the dealership/GM is going to try to discourage you from doing this. After what you have been through with this dealership.................. frankly, I wouldn't believe anything they say. Good luck to you, and keep us updated. Don't pay any attention to the rabid fans that have posted on this thread.

Oh............... female enthusiast here. :)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
[...]it seems to me I am reading about far more of these types of consumer nightmares now than ever before.
Only because people are increasingly utilizing the "anonymity" of the Internet. We're also hearing just one side of the story. Not that I don't think what is being relayed to us to be absolutely abhorrent, but everyone turns into an expert when they start reading stuff online.

·
Registered
350 Posts
^ To what end?

I'm not sure how someone coming on an internet forum to share their story and experience, is related to being anonymous.

Perhaps I didn't explain my point well enough. I was trying to say that the customer service aspect of this is what bothers me, not the specific problem with the vehicle.

For example, I had an issue with leaky transmission lines on my 09 Sierra. The dealer said they couldn't repair them as GM wouldn't approve it. When I called customer service, I was told they were a "wear item". When I asked how they could be a wear item (similar to wiper blades, brake linings etc) I was told by the customer service person, "they just are". Nice

To me, these"first point of contact" people should treat the customer with the utmost respect, even if I'm the 20th person they've had to deal with that day. I may still have had to pay for my tranny lines, but at least I wouldn't have a sour taste in my mouth.

The same goes for service managers/writers.

My local dealership is fantastic in that aspect. The service writers all know me and call me by name, as I do them. The service manager there just recently left to go elsewhere. He was definitely not so friendly. The new one I just met when I was in there for an oil change, took the time to have a nice chat with me. We talked more in 5 minutes, than I had with the previous one who was there a year.

It's the little things. Treat customers right and they'll keep coming back.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
^ To what end?

I'm not sure how someone coming on an internet forum to share their story and experience, is related to being anonymous.
I find it to be analogous to the "race car experts" demanding justice from Tony Stewart, those calling for Roger Goodell's head, etc. Social platforms make it much, much easier to take a few moments and essentially vent. This is more a general observation (just as your anecdotal statement about reading more "nightmares") than it is anything pointed to this specific thread; however, it is an example of someone who signed up solely for themselves alone.

With that said, I completely agree with everything you say below:

Perhaps I didn't explain my point well enough. I was trying to say that the customer service aspect of this is what bothers me, not the specific problem with the vehicle.

For example, I had an issue with leaky transmission lines on my 09 Sierra. The dealer said they couldn't repair them as GM wouldn't approve it. When I called customer service, I was told they were a "wear item". When I asked how they could be a wear item (similar to wiper blades, brake linings etc) I was told by the customer service person, "they just are". Nice

To me, these"first point of contact" people should treat the customer with the utmost respect, even if I'm the 20th person they've had to deal with that day. I may still have had to pay for my tranny lines, but at least I wouldn't have a sour taste in my mouth.

The same goes for service managers/writers.

My local dealership is fantastic in that aspect. The service writers all know me and call me by name, as I do them. The service manager there just recently left to go elsewhere. He was definitely not so friendly. The new one I just met when I was in there for an oil change, took the time to have a nice chat with me. We talked more in 5 minutes, than I had with the previous one who was there a year.

It's the little things. Treat customers right and they'll keep coming back.

Your transmission line situation requires more detail -- namely, was the truck out of 5y/100k powertrain warranty at the time? If so, then GM has/had no obligation to repair. Could they have done a goodwill? Perhaps, but that can also be subjective.

Nonetheless, there are ways to handle said type of situations which involve acknowledging, educating, and finding an amicable way to move forward. I was empowered to provide up to $100 without question to any customer when working at Saturn. This, AFAIK, was the dealership groups' position rather than Saturn protocol; however, we are all aware that the Saturn customer experience was unlike any other within the ranks of American manufacturers.

My point with that recollection is that the service writer could have taken into context how far out of warranty you were, your history with the service department/GM, and your demeanor during the situation. The latter must certainly be exercised with care so as to avoid discriminatory pretext or disparate treatment. Anyway, an offer to meet you halfway or give you a discount on the repair (such as paying cost for the part rather than retail) may have given you an entirely different attitude toward the handling of the situation.

That it escalated to GM CC&AS is also a disappointment considering how you say it was handled. It's a call center, so they're not likely hiring people experienced in automotive systems or automotive retail, but if the first contact is unable to fully explain their stance, then there absolutely needs to be someone else to escalate to who can.

Under Promise - Over Deliver

·
Registered
350 Posts
^Agreed!

In fact it was still under factory powertrain warranty, as well I had JUST purchased the truck used from a GM dealer, so I also had the GM certified used vehicle warranty.

I don't want to derail this thread (any more than we already have) so I'll just finish by saying I think we're both on the same page about customer service (or lack thereof). The OP could definitely have gotten better customer service.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
^Agreed!

In fact it was still under factory powertrain warranty, as well I had JUST purchased the truck used from a GM dealer, so I also had the GM certified used vehicle warranty.

I don't want to derail this thread (any more than we already have) so I'll just finish by saying I think we're both on the same page about customer service (or lack thereof). The OP could definitely have gotten better customer service.
Gm will not recondition a used car under warranty. They will say you bought the car at a discount because of the leaky transmission lines. Also if they car was certified then shouldn't they have caught the leak on the inspection?

·
Registered
350 Posts
^I'm not sure what you mean. When you buy a certified used vehicle from GM, it comes with a 3 months/5000km warranty in addition to whatever is left of the manufacturer original warranty.

Yes, they definitely should have seen the leaky transmission lines upon inspection, sigh, I went through all of this when I bought it.

I don't own it any more, but again not trying to derail the thread (unsuccessfully), I was simply using an incident which had occurred to me as an example.

·
Registered
8,183 Posts
^I'm not sure what you mean. When you buy a certified used vehicle from GM, it comes with a 3 months/5000km warranty in addition to whatever is left of the manufacturer original warranty.

Yes, they definitely should have seen the leaky transmission lines upon inspection, sigh, I went through all of this when I bought it.

I don't own it any more, but again not trying to derail the thread (unsuccessfully), I was simply using an incident which had occurred to me as an example.
When did you buy the certified car the new warranty on GM certified is 12 months 12000 miles has been for a 2 years now Unless its just gold certified.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
When did you buy the certified car the new warranty on GM certified is 12 months 12000 miles has been for a 2 years now Unless its just gold certified.
Just to add for posterity: that's 12 months/12k miles on top of the original factory warranty (from my understanding, anyway).

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I've Suggested this and was told it will take a while and now they have fixed the problem (or so they say for the fifth time). Gm says they are working with the dealership to get an arbitrator down to see about a new car. I feel at this point I want a brand new car and am owed some compensation.
In your original post, you tell us that you bought the Traverse at "Chevyland". I looked it up, but you should have told us the city where the dealer is located.

Since GM customer service reads the posts here. I would post the dealer's name and location, service department contact names, the GM contact who told you that they are working with the dealership and any corresponding case numbers associated with the dealer or GM. If you want action from the dealer or GM, provide documentation of your efforts to resolve the case, not just your complaints.

Finally, if the Traverse had that many problems, I would have contacted an attorney by now. I'm sure that there is a "lemon law" in your state.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had no less than 4 Lambada CUVs (12 Traverse, 13 Enclave, 13 Acadia, 14 Acadia), each on long term corporate lease and I (or more accurately my partner, who has used these vehicles to travel to over 30 states in the last 3 years) have put over 30000 miles on each, and yet I have not had any problem at all with any of them. My point- your Traverse vehicle is not typical, the Lambada trio are reliable, and more generally, GM vehicles are reliable. This dealer sounds piss poor though, this is not acceptable customer service.
30K miles is not really at all that much. There are a few common problems with these vehicles. Wave plate in the transmission, timing chains, power steering gear failures...

I have a 2013 and for the most part it has been great! Wife loves it but, I was having an issue with it going into power reduced mode. It was also having a random misfire and would show service stability and traction off lights on the dash. It started doing this around 15K miles and did it several times up to around 28K when I had taken it into the dealer and opening a case with GM. The biggest battle I was facing was that it would not show any codes at all. Dealer could not see any history of any issue and even calling Onstar while it was having this issue did no good! Very frustrating!

My dealer ended up having a few techs look at it and apparently they were also on the phone with GM. The looked at a few things and could not find anything wrong. I now have had the car back for a few months and have put 12K miles on it without any further issue.

Mine now has 40K miles on it and all I can say is that I am glade that I did purchase an extended warranty.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
I've Suggested this and was told it will take a while and now they have fixed the problem (or so they say for the fifth time). Gm says they are working with the dealership to get an arbitrator down to see about a new car. I feel at this point I want a brand new car and am owed some compensation.

What have you determined or resolved?

·
Registered
22,000 Posts
What have you determined or resolved?
I always felt there was "more to the story" than posted - I wonder why the OP has failed to provide additional information

I don't think we are ever going to know what happened, so to speculate one way or another is meaningless, he hasn't been on this site since 10/16, after mukabuka's comments, he saw no help here and moved on.

His last comments (almost 4 weeks ago now);

WOW....great help
I really do find your comment helpful(sarcasm). However, I do not see how your comment relates to my issue. I wasn't aware this was a site where I could get so many helpful comments for my grammar and not for the problem at hand. If you do not have any information or help to offer please STAY OUT OF THE COMMENTS, as you are not helping.

At this point, I bet his problem is resolved; either he got it fixed, or sold it and bought a different brand.

Reactions: Al63240

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't think we are ever going to know what happened, so to speculate one way or another is meaningless, he hasn't been on this site since 10/16, after mukabuka's comments, he saw no help here and moved on.

His last comments (almost 4 weeks ago now);

At this point, I bet his problem is resolved; either he got it fixed, or sold it and bought a different brand.

the op was a woman.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts

Help us out here - what did you resolve with your vehicle?

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Help us out here - what did you resolve with your vehicle?
I think she got angry about you calling her out for her grammar and never came back. Hopefully GM fixed her vehicle to satisfaction or replaced it.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.