GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Add Another unhappy camper to the list.:mad:

Info about the truck: 2014 Sierra LTZ Z71 All Terrain package. 22 inch Bridgestone Duelers. This is a $52000 truck! It should not have these issues

I have a new 2014 Sierra that along with the vibration issue has other problems as well. First let me say that I love this truck...however there are some problems that need to be addressed.

First: The vibration. When I tried this truck out. as soon as I left the dealers lot I noticed the vibration, chalked it up to sitting in the lot for possibly weeks with flat spots on the tires. As soon as I got on the highway the vibration got so intense that it would almost shake you out of the seat and felt like a wheel was going to fall off. Immediately returned to the dealer and notified them. I told them that if they want me to buy this truck, fix the problem.(Should have been a RED FLAG moment). Next day dealer called said one of the tires was bad and they replaced it. Problem solved(NOT). Tried the truck again...only a hint of vibration. Signed the papers and took delivery. Truck was good for a couple of days, but now the vibration is very noticeable and worse as speeds increase. Truck has less than 500 miles. No longer feeling good about my truck. Calling the Dealer in am.

These maybe off topic but are still related to this truck.

Second: There are issues with the transmission. Actually not sure if tranny or something else. When accelerating you can see and feel the RPMS increase to almost redline but the speed doesn't match the RPMs. Feels like its slipping. No matter whether its easy or harder acceleration , it just not smooth, like it never actually is in the correct gear.

Third: May be related to #2. The adjustable pedals. While in theory its good, but in this case not so good. Raising and lowering the pedals dramatically changes the driving dynamics and not in a good way! Lowered they make acceleration next to impossible. Its like the force you to drive like an old lady in a Buick. Raising towards the top the ability to accelerate increases to the point that at the top all you need to do is just touch the gas and it will put you in the bushes! There is very little happy medium. Lower them for more comfort the vehicle becomes lethargic with very little throttle control. Raise them and it puts your leg and foot in an uncomfortable position with too much throttle. There is no smooth transition.

Third: The headlights on this truck SUCK! nuf said!

·
Registered
18,455 Posts
The transmission takes time to learn your driving habits. It's explained in the manual.

As for the adjustable pedals, you just don't get used to a brand new vehicle instantly. It took almost 3k miles in our Flex to get everything pretty much like how I wanted it adjusted. My advice with the pedals is to leave them in the middle, adjust your driving position and THEN find out how you want them. That's the main issue with having about 28 adjustable things in new vehicles. You don't just get it right exactly the same day you take it home.

Regardless, the pedals still modulate the same no matter where they are located in their travel. The only adjustment is in how the driver uses them.

As for the vibration, ask the dealer to check the driveshaft for balance.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
LOL, pedals affect performance?!?!?! Ha! And the headlights suck? You don't know the meaning of the word sucky OEM headlights till you own a Wrangler with the stock headlights.

Maybe if you leave the headlights off the performance will come back...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was a very serious post out of 4 replies 2 are jokesters I thought this was supposed to be complaining about your vehicle not assuming some one is a troll because of the way they posted!

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Add Another unhappy camper to the list.:mad:

Info about the truck: 2014 Sierra LTZ Z71 All Terrain package. 22 inch Bridgestone Duelers. This is a $52000 truck! It should not have these issues

I have a new 2014 Sierra that along with the vibration issue has other problems as well. First let me say that I love this truck...however there are some problems that need to be addressed.

First: The vibration. When I tried this truck out. as soon as I left the dealers lot I noticed the vibration, chalked it up to sitting in the lot for possibly weeks with flat spots on the tires. As soon as I got on the highway the vibration got so intense that it would almost shake you out of the seat and felt like a wheel was going to fall off. Immediately returned to the dealer and notified them. I told them that if they want me to buy this truck, fix the problem.(Should have been a RED FLAG moment). Next day dealer called said one of the tires was bad and they replaced it. Problem solved(NOT). Tried the truck again...only a hint of vibration. Signed the papers and took delivery. Truck was good for a couple of days, but now the vibration is very noticeable and worse as speeds increase. Truck has less than 500 miles. No longer feeling good about my truck. Calling the Dealer in am.

These maybe off topic but are still related to this truck.

Second: There are issues with the transmission. Actually not sure if tranny or something else. When accelerating you can see and feel the RPMS increase to almost redline but the speed doesn't match the RPMs. Feels like its slipping. No matter whether its easy or harder acceleration , it just not smooth, like it never actually is in the correct gear.

Third: May be related to #2. The adjustable pedals. While in theory its good, but in this case not so good. Raising and lowering the pedals dramatically changes the driving dynamics and not in a good way! Lowered they make acceleration next to impossible. Its like the force you to drive like an old lady in a Buick. Raising towards the top the ability to accelerate increases to the point that at the top all you need to do is just touch the gas and it will put you in the bushes! There is very little happy medium. Lower them for more comfort the vehicle becomes lethargic with very little throttle control. Raise them and it puts your leg and foot in an uncomfortable position with too much throttle. There is no smooth transition.

Third: The headlights on this truck SUCK! nuf said!
I have had issues with the 22 tires the only customer we had that ordered them we had to road force balance them. As it was said on here as well the transmission does take time to learn your style.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
This was a very serious post out of 4 replies 2 are jokesters I thought this was supposed to be complaining about your vehicle not assuming some one is a troll because of the way they posted!
Jokester? You want me to take your rant seriously when you let out nonsense like the pedals affect performance? You sir, or madame, are the jokester.

We own a '12 Wrangler and the headlights on it are bone stock. I could light a candle and get more light at night. About the vibration, that has been discussed before and is a known "issue" with '14's and bballr is right. Go and tell the dealer to balance the driveshaft and check for any tech/service bulletins on the issue. You just paid them good money for a nice truck. Document the service issues. If they can't fix the truck correctly and tell you that's it's your imagination do some research and find a good dealer that can fix it, a local mechanic who knows what they are doing, or trade it in on that Ford F-150 you always wanted.

The forum is getting tons of these posts lately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts