·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
General Motors Releases 2014 Corvette Stats
37,288 Corvettes Produced for Model Year 2014, Torch Red Most Popular Color
Thursday, October 16, 2014
National Corvette Museum

General Motors has shared statistics on the Corvettes produced for Model Year 2014. The stats show that Torch Red was the most popular color with 7,197 produced followed by 6,153 Arctic White; 5,929 Black; 4,064 Cyber Gray; 3,281 Laguna Blue; 3,020 Crystal Red; 2,125 Velocity Yellow; 2,088 Blade Silver; 1,827 Nightrace Blue; and 1,566 Lime Rock Green.

The Z51 performance handling packaged proved to be popular with 21,105 or 56.6%. Three Performance Equipment Groups were offered with 3LT being the most preferred with 19,725 followed by 2LT with 12,529 and 1LT with 4,736. 64.5% or 24,088 of the cars have automatic transmissions. Nearly 84% featured the NPP Performance Exhaust.

Chrome wheels barely edged out Z51 Painted Black wheels - 10,291 vs 10,142. Other wheels included Z51 Chrome 7,197; Painted Silver 4,586; Z51 Sterling Silver 2,834 and Machine Faced 1,156. Red calipers were a hot item with 16,258 of the Corvettes having them followed by 9,471 in gray; 9,173 in black; and 2,424 in yellow.

Lots more cool stats here: National Corvette Museum

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Cool information..thanks for posting up. Very interesting.

I look forward to seeing how many order the new A8 transmission.....

I think it should be a few points higher...next year...

I hear the trans adaptive A8 is dam impressive.....

Also can't wait for the z06 to launch with its track times. ,

Lift off roof, A8 1LZ with MRC, npp for around 80 large,,,,,,,which isn't that more than a z51 3LT

I heard 5500 z06 s have be ordered and that without the A8 option even available yet...

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
Nice find!

Very interesting how few they sell outside of the USA, they don't even sell many in Canada. I'm sure pricing is part of it - I believe they tend to cost a lot more elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Seems low to me.
I agree. I'm guessing that ATPs are probably closer to 70K based on the numbers, especially when you factor in the convertibles. Those kinds of ATPs were unimaginable with the C6.

The C7 could legitimately command base price of 65K, of course with the options mentioned above. It's just a perception thing and a matter of time. The price will creep up over the life cycle. I expect the base price of the C8 when it replaces the C7 to fill in where the statistics support it, around 65K, maybe more.

It's about profit, not volume.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Z51 should be standard and get rid of the 1LT. If you ask me, Z51 and 3LT is the only way it should come.
Perhaps, but my $50K 1LT 7-speed offers the best bang for the buck and its rarity makes for a more exclusive collectable. Who really needs much more then this?

Reactions: mchicha and Canuck

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Congrats on your Vette but rare and exclusive collectable? I can't tell if you're joking. Please confirm.
No Joke. The pure "base" 1LT 2014 Corvette has the lowest production #'s as most dealers who had allocation ordered highly optioned Vette's to maximize their profits, making the base car the hardest to attain. I had to order mine.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
I guess sales of only 1,500 LimeRock green cars mean we won't see a green color version for a long time. I really do like this color.
I absolutely love the Lime Rock Green color.

If I had the funds, I would have ordered a Lime Rock Green Convertible with Tan Top & Kalahari interior, with Yellow calipers... A 7spd. manual is a must have for me as well...

Lime Rock Green was destined to be the least selling of the colors for 2014, as shades of green are simply not high on the want list for most car buyers in general. Dealers just were not going to order many as they have/had a much better chance of selling a Torch Red, Arctic White, or Black vehicle quickly and at or near full list price.

However, with a few Lime Rock Green cars now being out in the market where prospective buyers can see the car in the flesh, I believe the color would've sold in higher numbers had it been available for the 2015 model year.

Oh well...

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Dam good year for corvette! Great product.

10,000 posts!

(Gmi heading Went from an LS9 to a volt ....) I noticed a day or two ago I was close to 10000 posts and I was curious what the classification would change to...

Now I know) ;)

Nice forum guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts