GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install a leveling kit on their 2014 or 15 Silverado? what are the best brands to buy? i'm looking to buy rough country. Do leveling kits effect the warrnity? Can people post some pictures of their new 2014 trucks with a leveling kit so I can get a idea what my truck look like with it.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Here is a good place to start: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153363-2014-leveling-kits/

RC seems to be the brand of choice for most. If GM can prove the leveling kit somehow caused whatever failed on your truck that you need warranty repairs, yes they can deny the claim. Lots of pics on the site I posted, enjoy!

Reactions: Ed753

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
The level kit and BFG's work great together. I also have a level kit on my 2010 Yukon XL 4x4. It also has BFG AT KO's (285 55R20's) with about 50K miles on them now and still ride great with nice even wear.

·
Registered
21,372 Posts
Here is a good place to start: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153363-2014-leveling-kits/

RC seems to be the brand of choice for most. If GM can prove the leveling kit somehow caused whatever failed on your truck that you need warranty repairs, yes they can deny the claim. Lots of pics on the site I posted, enjoy!
I was really surprised to read this:

I went with Rough Country because (back on July 1st) they were the company only advertising leveling kits for the new K2's. Later I discovered that the standard K2 suspension is the same as the GMT-900
:->>

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The level kit and BFG's work great together. I also have a level kit on my 2010 Yukon XL 4x4. It also has BFG AT KO's (285 55R20's) with about 50K miles on them now and still ride great with nice even wear.
Looks nice, I'm thinking about a leveling kit and 275/70/18 BF Goodrich KO2. Think those tires fit? Did you notice any sort of decreased fuel ecomony?

·
Premium Member
3,282 Posts
Looks nice, I'm thinking about a leveling kit and 275/70/18 BF Goodrich KO2. Think those tires fit? Did you notice any sort of decreased fuel ecomony?
The level kit changes the air flow. The factory stance is designed improve airflow to help improve economy. You'll lose 1-2 mpgs on highway. As far as tires fitting,check the outer diameter (OD). I think my 285 55r20s are around 33" and they fit great with no rubbing. If you go on BFGs website, you'll find a chart with ODs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any manufacturer make any 1.75'' leveling kits? I seeing the crew cab standard box sits more level than the shorter wheelbases with out the leveling kit. If I installs 2'' I think it result the front sitting a little higher than the rear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts