GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, looking for info on my 2012 cruze 1.8l engine. It is a wreck that I had to tear into the motor to replace bent valves. I had the machine shop install all new valves from gm and now going by the cams the valves on tdc do not seem to be all closed, is this normal or are they supposed to be closed TDC? Also when the cam locks are in place is the crank supposed to be TDC position? In the Mitchell on demand it says something about rotating the gear 60 degrees against normal rotation crank gear that is, what is that for? Any help for this I only want to do this once and not bend the valves again. Thanks

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
hi everyone, looking for info on my 2012 cruze 1.8l engine. It is a wreck that I had to tear into the motor to replace bent valves. I had the machine shop install all new valves from gm and now going by the cams the valves on tdc do not seem to be all closed, is this normal or are they supposed to be closed TDC? Also when the cam locks are in place is the crank supposed to be TDC position? In the Mitchell on demand it says something about rotating the gear 60 degrees against normal rotation crank gear that is, what is that for? Any help for this I only want to do this once and not bend the valves again. Thanks
tdc should only be closed valves on cylinder #1 (think about it)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,571 Posts
any Normal inline 4 CYL has a firing order of 1342 and a 180 degree crank which equals TDC #1
#1 CYL is at TOP dead centre on the compression stroke = valves closed
#2 CYL is at BOTTOM DEAD CENTRE of the exhaust stroke = exhaust valves opening and getting ready for the exhaust stroke
#3 CYL is at BOTTOM DEAD CENTRE of the INTAKE stroke = intake valves closing getting ready for compression stroke
#4 CYL is at TOP DEAD CENTRE of exhaust stroke = the intake valves will be opening and the Exhaust valves will be closing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts