GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hey guys once again I've decided to lend my artistic talents to making another car modification this time the victim is the 2012 Buick Enclave. I tried to remedy some of the complaints some of us had with the current styling but it was challenging because this is one of the most stunning looking cars in GM's current stable. Note I added an extra porthole to denote a V8 upgrade. I may add new wheels later too. So here it is let me know your thoughts...

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Re: 2012 Buick Enclave MCE Update

Hey guys once again I've decided to lend my artistic talents to making another car modification this time the victim is the 2012 Buick Enclave. I tried to remedy some of the complaints some of us had with the current styling but it was challenging because this is one of the most stunning looking cars in GM's current stable. Note I added an extra porthole to denote a V8 upgrade. I may add new wheels later too. So here it is let me know your thoughts...

It just went from that wided awake look to a "I'm very sleepy" look on both ends too. :p:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Make it ALL white outside. :)

Good work, although the front lights are wayyy Q7. :p
Let me ticker w/ it some more to get the right color, yeah the Q7 was kinda my inspiration for new the updated headlights.;)

·
Registered
11,998 Posts

So I'm just glancing at the Enclave versus the LaCrosse. Maybe you can remove the chrome from the front as done but drop it onto the side like the LaCrosse. Maybe some LaCrosse 19" wheels from CXS trims with the Touring Package. Lastly, a larger chrome piece on top of the tails like the LaCrosse instead of a smaller ring around the tails like the existing Enclave.

Just thoughts!

·
Registered
339 Posts

Interesting ideas but I am still bothered by the grill. I just think it sits to high up or the bottom isn't low enough for where the top edge is. My other pet grievance is the body color C pillar. It is completely contained by the chrome strip surrounding the side glass area so it just sorta floats there. I would make it black like the B pillar. But what do I know? I am just an artist.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts

Aside from the added porthole on the engine hood, the rest of your changes make the Enclave look lame/cheap/dull.

!!!

·
Registered
5,411 Posts

i like the change in head/tail lights. makes it fit the Buick family a bit more
Oh hell no.
The headlights esp. are terrible.

!!!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

looks like a step backwards in design. maybe try using the Centieme for inspiration?

·
Registered
5,411 Posts

I was looking at more the shape, not so much the details within the headlight. It's more lacrosse/regal like compared to the bubble like shape of the Enclave
Your revised headlight shape reminds me of the Camrys'. :tdown::

!!!

·
Registered
11,215 Posts

The changes are pretty good. I especially like the tail lights and new exhaust tips. The Headlights are a little too Camry as mentioned and I really think it needs that chrome strip in the front, if it's two tone. Maybe if it's monochrome, it can do without, but not two tone. I think the grille should be bigger as well.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hey guys thanks for all the feedback let me know what you think of my changes.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What no new comments---no constructive feedback after my latest updates? I must've done a pretty good job to silence some of my detractors. :D

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I love the single colour treatment and I don't know why Buick doesn't offer it on a top trim model. You got rid of the Camry-like point on the headlights and they look better, but I don't know if they're better than the current. As I said before, I'd like to see a bigger grille (it looks small on this thing now, compared to the one on the Lacrosse) and I love the back.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
The monotone color scheme makes it look talker, IMO. People criticize chrome, but some cars just need it, haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts